RepairmanJack.com Forums
Just bought Nightkill... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Just bought Nightkill... (/thread-2908.html)

Pages: 1 2

Just bought Nightkill... - NickelobLight - 06-19-2008

I was at a used bookstore and found a copy of Nightkill. Anyone read it? Is it a standalone book, or does it tie into RJ's world at all?

Yes, I read the back of the book. That doesn't tell me if it relates to anything else the good doctor has written...

Just bought Nightkill... - jimbow8 - 06-19-2008

NickelobLight Wrote:I was at a used bookstore and found a copy of Nightkill. Anyone read it? Is it a standalone book, or does it tie into RJ's world at all?

Yes, I read the back of the book. That doesn't tell me if it relates to anything else the good doctor has written...

It is a standalone novel. I don't recall any references to RJ works, but then again someone in this group has probably found some little tidbit.

It's very good. Enjoy!

Just bought Nightkill... - XiaoYu - 06-19-2008

I'm pretty sure it's a standalone novel...Though I will say that Jake is very Jack-like. Even their names are similar :p

It's been awhile since I read it, but if there're any hidden subtle tie-ins to Jack's world I can't recall any.

Just bought Nightkill... - Biggles - 06-19-2008

NickelobLight Wrote:I was at a used bookstore and found a copy of Nightkill. Anyone read it? Is it a standalone book, or does it tie into RJ's world at all?

It's a standalone book with a very likable lead character (and no, I have no problem with his profession--we need more people like him).

Just bought Nightkill... - KRW - 06-19-2008

I know in one of these threads we bugged FPW to connect "Nightkill" into the "Grand Unification". The connection should be in the "Gateways" paperback, and the connection would be that "Sarge" actually trained Tom as a sniper during the Korean war.

Just bought Nightkill... - cobalt - 06-19-2008

KRW Wrote:I know in one of these threads we bugged FPW to connect "Nightkill" into the "Grand Unification". The connection should be in the "Gateways" paperback, and the connection would be that "Sarge" actually trained Tom as a sniper during the Korean war.

Yup....Ken beat me again!

Nightkill was a great stand alone read....you'll enjoy it.

Just bought Nightkill... - Ken Valentine - 06-20-2008

KRW Wrote:I know in one of these threads we bugged FPW to connect "Nightkill" into the "Grand Unification". The connection should be in the "Gateways" paperback, and the connection would be that "Sarge" actually trained Tom as a sniper during the Korean war.

Right. Sarge was torn out of the photo of Tom and his buddies. I think this is mentioned in one of the other RJ novels.

Ken V.

Just bought Nightkill... - Kenji - 06-20-2008

I was reading NIGHTKILL until I get "BY THE SWORD". So now I'm putting it down a while.

I couldn't wait a RJ novel! Now I'm reading BY THE SWORD, but after that I'll return to reading NIGHTKILL. Yes, I like NIGHTKILL, too. Big Grin

Just bought Nightkill... - bones weep tedium - 06-20-2008

Biggles Wrote:It's a standalone book with a very likable lead character (and no, I have no problem with his profession--we need more people like him).

What is he??

Just bought Nightkill... - Scott Miller - 06-20-2008

bones weep tedium Wrote:What is he??

A hitman.