RepairmanJack.com Forums
Bruce Willis: A gun guy - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Bruce Willis: A gun guy (/thread-2846.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Bruce Willis: A gun guy - Libby - 05-06-2008

Can anyone here name a moving with Bruce Willis where he doesn't have a gun? I can't. Has anyone else noticed this?

Bruce Willis: A gun guy - Wapitikev - 05-06-2008

Libby Wrote:Can anyone here name a moving with Bruce Willis where he doesn't have a gun? I can't. Has anyone else noticed this?

Sixth Sense
Perfect Stranger
Unbreakable
The Kid
The Story of Us

And there are a few where I can't remember whether he does or not, like:
12 Monkeys (may have a gun for a brief time)
Blind Date

And in Armageddon, while he uses a gun to shoot at AJ and takes Sharp's weapon to make him turn off the Nuke, he does not use a gun to be the hero.

There are few roles where he does not play "the Hero" and there are few roles in Hollywood (outside of superhero movies) where the hero does not use a gun.

Bruce gets 2 thumbs up from me, guns or no guns.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev Wrote:Sixth Sense
Perfect Stranger
Unbreakable
The Kid
The Story of Us

And there are a few where I can't remember whether he does or not, like:
12 Monkeys (may have a gun for a brief time)
Blind Date

And in Armageddon, while he uses a gun to shoot at AJ and takes Sharp's weapon to make him turn off the Nuke, he does not use a gun to be the hero.

There are few roles where he does not play "the Hero" and there are few roles in Hollywood (outside of superhero movies) where the hero does not use a gun.

Bruce gets 2 thumbs up from me, guns or no guns.

-Wapitikev

I you look carefully, you can notice guns were you didn't before. He has a gun breifly in The Sixth Sense, he shoots the window of the shop where his wife works. You see the bullet hole, and you know he make it. Idon't know about the others.Smile

Libby Wrote:I you look carefully, you can notice guns were you didn't before. He has a gun breifly in The Sixth Sense, he shoots the window of the shop where his wife works. You see the bullet hole, and you know he make it. Idon't know about the others.Smile

Good eye, but I have one question: how does a ghost use a gun?

In any event, him having a gun in that one scene is certainly not what makes him the hero in that movie.

Chalk that one scene up to the NRA lobbyists in Hollywood.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev Wrote:Good eye, but I have one question: how does a ghost use a gun?

In any event, him having a gun in that one scene is certainly not what makes him the hero in that movie.

Chalk that one scene up to the NRA lobbyists in Hollywood.

-Wapitikev

I didn't mean gun hero or not, I just meant the presence of a gun by Bruce Willis. Even for a split second. And in the Sixth Sense, the ghosts are solid. He can try to turn the knob to teh basement door, and the little ghost girl grabs Cole's leg.

Libby Wrote:I didn't mean gun hero or not, I just meant the presence of a gun by Bruce Willis. Even for a split second. And in the Sixth Sense, the ghosts are solid. He can try to turn the knob to teh basement door, and the little ghost girl grabs Cole's leg.

Touche.

Foiled again. Darn you.

"So this ghost walks into a gun store..." [beginning of bad joke]

As far as gun-placement goes, though, the same could be said for Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford and a number of the other leading men in Hollywood.

Go Bruce!

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev Wrote:Touche.

Foiled again. Darn you.

"So this ghost walks into a gun store..." [beginning of bad joke]

As far as gun-placement goes, though, the same could be said for Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford and a number of the other leading men in Hollywood.

Go Bruce!

-Wapitikev

Well I though of Bruce 'cause I'm watching The Whole Nine Yard...Big Grin

Bruce Willis: A gun guy - jimbow8 - 05-06-2008

Libby Wrote:I you look carefully, you can notice guns were you didn't before. He has a gun breifly in The Sixth Sense, he shoots the window of the shop where his wife works. You see the bullet hole, and you know he make it. Idon't know about the others.Smile
I do not remember actually seeing a gun. I thought he smashed the window "with his fists." So I just watched it again and I do not see a gun in his hand. Moreso, I see NO GUN in his hand as he is walking away down the alley. The window pane looks like it was shattered, not shot. ......imho
Wapitikev Wrote:Chalk that one scene up to the NRA lobbyists in Hollywood.
Huh? Not very effective if it was unnoticed.
:confused:

Libby Wrote:Well I though of Bruce 'cause I'm watching The Whole Nine Yard...Big Grin

I love Amanda Peet in that! (or in anything for that matter)

It's true, though, that if you name virtually any popular male actor from the current era, it is very difficult to find movies that they starred in where guns do not appear somewhere.

Are you making a veiled commentary on the state of storytelling in Hollywood? :eek:

Best be careful...what if the NRA discovers that you've uncovered their secret agenda?

-Wapitikev

jimbow8 Wrote:I do not remember actually seeing a gun. I thought he smashed the window "with his fists." So I just watched it again and I do not see a gun in his hand. Moreso, I see NO GUN in his hand as he is walking away down the alley. The window pane looks like it was shattered, not shot. ......imho

Huh? Not very effective if it was unnoticed.
:confused:

Their devious tactics fooled Libby! So much for ineffective. Wink

-Wapitikev