RepairmanJack.com Forums
Uwe Boll: Genius; or, Lessons in Modesty, Subtlety, and Class - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Uwe Boll: Genius; or, Lessons in Modesty, Subtlety, and Class (/thread-2799.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Uwe Boll: Genius; or, Lessons in Modesty, Subtlety, and Class - Barry Lee Dejasu - 04-10-2008

Uwe Boll. Oh, do you not know who he is? Let me give you a few hints:
  • House of the Dead
  • Alone in the Dark
  • BloodRayne
  • BloodRayne 2
  • In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Seige Tale
Still don't know him? German director, movies hated by prettymuch everyone who sees them? No sense of taste whatsoever? Challenged internet critics to fight him in a boxing ring to end his negative criticism, and picks the smallest, scrawniest, weakest guy and kicks his ass? Yeeeeeeeeeaaaahhhh, HIM.

So there was a poll put up recently, called "STOP UWE BOLL," to which he responded that if it reached one million signatures, he would stop making movies altogether. Well, now it's reached over 150,000, so he decided to respond to it. Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWqCNmfJ1hY

Now say it with me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHhhhh...

I particularly loved the name-dropping, and Dr. Boll's dubbing himself a "genius" was über-classy.

FPW, I dearly hope that this isn't the German director you'd once mentioned in the Great Search for a Director (for the Repairman Jack movie).

And P.S. - His new movie, Postal (yes, based on the video game), starring Scott Farkus from A Christmas Story, featuring Osama Bin Laden as a main character and a scene of a passenger plane hitting the Trade Towers as a comedic moment, is set to open on May 23rd, right after Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Dr. Boll believes that Postal will blow Indie out of the water, and that his grandfather could kick Harrison Ford's ass. Good day.

Uwe Boll: Genius; or, Lessons in Modesty, Subtlety, and Class - Kenji - 04-10-2008

BloodRayne 2...? It mean...Part "2"?

Okay! Pleeeeeeease, somebody stop Uwe Boll!!! :eek:

Uwe Boll: Genius; or, Lessons in Modesty, Subtlety, and Class - Marc - 04-10-2008

So "Postal" actually has a release date now? It was suppose to come out in January but was delayed indefinitely. The preview for it actually looks funny though. I don't know if it's intensional or not but whatever.

Uwe also ran a contest during the making of "Postal". He knows he's hated so the contest was (if memory serves) that if someone could beat him at boxing then he'd quit directing. But the rules for the contest applicants required a certain body type, height, etc. Basically it came down to someone shorter and less fit than him. The contestant lost. (There is a video on YouTube somewhere.)

As for your comment of a German director I'd suspect Wolfgang Peterson ("Das Boot" and "Airforce One") since he has worked with Beacon before.

Uwe Boll: Genius; or, Lessons in Modesty, Subtlety, and Class - Barry Lee Dejasu - 04-10-2008

I only shy away from the thought of Petersen directing it because of two reasons: Troy, and Poseidon. He shouldn't be responsible for the well-being of a movie like Repairman Jack.

Uwe Boll: Genius; or, Lessons in Modesty, Subtlety, and Class - Wapitikev - 04-10-2008

Marc B. Wrote:So "Postal" actually has a release date now? It was suppose to come out in January but was delayed indefinitely. The preview for it actually looks funny though. I don't know if it's intensional or not but whatever.

Uwe also ran a contest during the making of "Postal". He knows he's hated so the contest was (if memory serves) that if someone could beat him at boxing then he'd quit directing. But the rules for the contest applicants required a certain body type, height, etc. Basically it came down to someone shorter and less fit than him. The contestant lost. (There is a video on YouTube somewhere.)

As for your comment of a German director I'd suspect Wolfgang Peterson ("Das Boot" and "Airforce One") since he has worked with Beacon before.

Marc! You mean you're not German! Dag! I was hoping your last name was Bergerman or Bundschen or some such and that FPW was talking about you!

I'll keep hopin' for ya.

...because I certainly will not sit through another Uwe Boll movie. Thankfully his schedule looks pretty full for the next 3 years, directing instant classics like In the Dark II and Bloodrayne III.

-Wapitikev

Uwe Boll: Genius; or, Lessons in Modesty, Subtlety, and Class - Wapitikev - 04-10-2008

Barry Lee Dejasu Wrote:I only shy away from the thought of Petersen directing it because of two reasons: Troy, and Poseidon. He shouldn't be responsible for the well-being of a movie like Repairman Jack.

I don't know...he can certainly do "unrelenting tension" well (Das Boot, Perfect Storm)...and he's tackling a cult favourite with Ender's Game by Card.

If you're suggesting that he's too "big-budget blockbuster" for Jack, I would definitely agree.

Plus he's never done a monster movie (in English anyway)...which RJ1 definitely is.

-Wapitikev

Uwe Boll: Genius; or, Lessons in Modesty, Subtlety, and Class - Marc - 04-10-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:Marc! You mean you're not German! Dag! I was hoping your last name was Bergerman or Bundschen or some such and that FPW was talking about you!

"Buhmann" (my last name) in German actually means "boogyman", or so a German told my father when he visited Germany a few years ago. And if I was offered the role of director on the RJ movie (which would never happen by the way) it would be a struggle whether or not to do it. Last thing I'd want is to mess it up and piss all you people off. Smile

I nominate Dave.

Uwe Boll: Genius; or, Lessons in Modesty, Subtlety, and Class - Dave - 04-10-2008

Marc B. Wrote:And if I was offered the role of director on the RJ movie (which would never happen by the way) it would be a struggle whether or not to do it. Last thing I'd want is to mess it up and piss all you people off. Smile

I nominate Dave.
A poisoned chalice, you say?

I'd do it, who cares what you all think, Michael Mann still has a career Big Grin.

Dave

Dave Wrote:A poisoned chalice, you say?

I'd do it, who cares what you all think, Michael Mann still has a career Big Grin.

Dave

I'd vote for Dave just because of his avatar...but that's another thread.

[soto-voce]SSSSSHHHHHH! Ix-nay on the Ichael-may Ann-may! It'll attract our favourite Rakosh! Then we'll have to read about how I killed his parents, yaada, yaada, blah, blah, blah.

[regular voice] Heh.

Let MM Keep his career...as long as he Keeps it away from RJ. Big Grin

-Wapitikev

Uwe Boll: Genius; or, Lessons in Modesty, Subtlety, and Class - phoenix rising - 04-10-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:I'd vote for Dave just because of his avatar...but that's another thread.

[soto-voce]SSSSSHHHHHH! Ix-nay on the Ichael-may Ann-may! It'll attract our favourite Rakosh! Then we'll have to read about how I killed his parents, yaada, yaada, blah, blah, blah.

[regular voice] Heh.

Let MM Keep his career...as long as he Keeps it away from RJ. Big Grin

-Wapitikev

LMAO!!!!!!