RepairmanJack.com Forums
Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite (/thread-2770.html)

Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite - RichE - 03-23-2008

Late next Friday Nite-2AM EST- TCM will broadcast, uncut I understand, the classic 1970 supernatural thriller "BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW" starring Patrick Wymark and Linda Hayden. The film was directed by Piers Haggard (the great great grandson of writer H. Rider Haggard). The transfer is 1:85 and I understand some picture info was cropped but this is a chance to see one of the best supernatural thrillers ever made.

Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite - RichE - 03-23-2008

Followup:
This might be the same transfer found on the Anchor Bay Region 2 DVD. This film was only released overseas on DVD!

Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite - ccosborne3 - 03-23-2008

I've never heard of it before. What's it about?

Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite - RichE - 03-24-2008

Takes place during the 1600's and a farmer unearth's some strange bones which leads to a coven being formed with a good dose of murder and madness. This is NOT some shlock film but a very well done supernatural thriller-check it out!!

Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 03-24-2008

RichE Wrote:Late next Friday Nite-2AM EST- TCM will broadcast, uncut I understand, the classic 1970 supernatural thriller "BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW" starring Patrick Wymark and Linda Hayden. The film was directed by Piers Haggard (the great great grandson of writer H. Rider Haggard). The transfer is 1:85 and I understand some picture info was cropped but this is a chance to see one of the best supernatural thrillers ever made.

Hah! Not famliar with it, Rich. Mighty, you say?

Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite - RichE - 03-24-2008

If you enjoy a good Dennis Wheatley novel you will like this! I have a full screen copy (filmed at 1:66) that is pretty much what people saw and my print is fully uncut. Videos in the US, even "R" prints, were trimmed. Like I said, this might be the same print as the overseas DVD. And the music score-terrific! Anyone else see this?

Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite - RichE - 03-28-2008

REMINDER:
The film is on tonite !

Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite - RichE - 03-29-2008

Watched the film. Lbx at 1:75 and the transfer is dark but looks like Piers Haggard used a lot of natural lighting to give the film a gloomy look. By the way, the film did raise some eyebrows due to Linda Hayden's frontal nude scene-she was 17 at the time!
Also it was Patrick Wymark's last film-he died I understand not too long after the release.

Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite - Aprilis - 03-29-2008

fyi
I recorded it on my dvr but havnt watched it yet.

Blood On Satan's Claw - Tcm Next Friday Nite - RichE - 03-30-2008

I think you just might like it.