RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Water Horse ~Legend of the deep~ - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Water Horse ~Legend of the deep~ (/thread-2709.html)

The Water Horse ~Legend of the deep~ - Kenji - 02-02-2008

Today after I saw American Gangster, I saw "The Water Horse".

It was very lovely film and I like it! The story is simple. A lonely boy discovers a mysterious egg. It's a sea creature of Scottish legend.

Some scenes reminded me of E.T. You'll see find out. Maybe someone will say "ripped-off from E.T.", but....who care? Big Grin

That famous photo, Loch Ness's monster. Now we know it was a fake. But this movie says "The Monster" existed. An old man talk about that story to young couples. But the time was WW II, and that story was a bit sad. Like a "Pan's Labyrinth", war destroy everything.

The Water Horse ~Legend of the deep~ - XiaoYu - 02-03-2008

Kenji Wrote:Today after I saw American Gangster, I saw "The Water Horse".

It was very lovely film and I like it! The story is simple. A lonely boy discovers a mysterious egg. It's a sea creature of Scottish legend.

Some scenes reminded me of E.T. You'll see find out. Maybe someone will say "ripped-off from E.T.", but....who care? Big Grin

That famous photo, Loch Ness's monster. Now we know it was a fake. But this movie says "The Monster" existed. An old man talk about that story to young couples. But the time was WW II, and that story was a bit sad. Like a "Pan's Labyrinth", war destroy everything.
I saw the trailer for this movie. It reminded me a lot of the beginning of Eragon, because the main character there also comes across an egg that hatches a supernatural creature. But I guess the plots would diverge from there...?

The Water Horse ~Legend of the deep~ - Kenji - 02-04-2008

XiaoYu Wrote:I saw the trailer for this movie. It reminded me a lot of the beginning of Eragon, because the main character there also comes across an egg that hatches a supernatural creature. But I guess the plots would diverge from there...?

Eragon....sure it was. Big Grin

By the way, dd you see this movie?

The Water Horse ~Legend of the deep~ - NewYorkjoe - 02-04-2008

While I went to see "I am Legend," my wife (Theo) went to see "The Water Horse." She raved about it, saying it was not just a kids film, but had interest for adults as well. I wish now that I had gone with her, nice to see a film that is uplifting for a change. I'll catch it once it comes out on DVD.

The Water Horse ~Legend of the deep~ - Kenji - 02-05-2008

NewYorkjoe Wrote:While I went to see "I am Legend," my wife (Theo) went to see "The Water Horse." She raved about it, saying it was not just a kids film, but had interest for adults as well. I wish now that I had gone with her, nice to see a film that is uplifting for a change. I'll catch it once it comes out on DVD.

"I am Legend" vs. "The Water Horse"....? Hmmm, definitely "Legend" will win! Cool

But I like "The Water Horse" too. I hope you like it.

The Water Horse ~Legend of the deep~ - Sigokat - 11-08-2008

I just finished watching The Water Horse.

It was a pleasant movie with a feel-good theme.

I was expecting an emergence of some U-boats which never happened, but I think the twist [spoiler]that Curose had to escape from the Scottish Soldiers was pretty good though. [/spoiler]

As an adult you know exactly what the ending is about, but I would think that there may have been some explaining to young kids about what happened to Curose (even though Lewis told the legend earlier in the film).

Overall, an enjoyable movie that I believe both children and adults will enjoy.