RepairmanJack.com Forums
Heath Ledger Found Dead - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Heath Ledger Found Dead (/thread-2695.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Heath Ledger Found Dead - Marc - 01-22-2008

From Yahoo! News:

NEW YORK - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

The Australian-born actor was an Oscar nominee for his role in "Brokeback Mountain" and has numerous other screen credits.

Heath Ledger Found Dead - Maggers - 01-22-2008

What a shame. So young, so much life ahead of him. It's just too sad.

Heath Ledger Found Dead - Noelie - 01-22-2008

I just saw this on CNN myself. So sad. Sad

Heath Ledger Found Dead - mkmfpwfan - 01-22-2008

Wow no brokeback mountain sequel. Not that I saw the first. From what I hear it was drug related. If so I find it real hard to form any symphathy-----Mark

Heath Ledger Found Dead - BK Akitas - 01-22-2008

one article I've read so far stated there were sleeping pills found near him.

while I have no sympathy for ppl- esp rich n famous folk with access to any help they need- with addiction issues, I have complete and total compassion for anyone suffering from Depression and how it can take over your life.
sleep disorders are common with depression, and it seems from some of the recent press he may have been dealing with a lot.
post partum depression almost cost me my life, and it only takes one moment of weakness to do something you can't take back. believe me, I know.

RIP Heath

Heath Ledger Found Dead - law dawg - 01-22-2008

So far the reports are Ambien, a sleeping pill. It's not a "fun pill" but used for sleeping.

He was apparently an insomniac, particularly of late. The Joker character had really gotten into his head.

Heath Ledger Found Dead - Aprilis - 01-22-2008

law dawg Wrote:So far the reports are Ambien,

Really?
because I cant get to sleep without a pill and all of my co-workers are telling me to get ambien.

right now I use melatonin

Heath Ledger Found Dead - webby - 01-22-2008

law dawg Wrote:So far the reports are Ambien, a sleeping pill. It's not a "fun pill" but used for sleeping.

He was apparently an insomniac, particularly of late. The Joker character had really gotten into his head.

That is creepy.

But I do think it's a shame that he ended up like this.

Heath Ledger Found Dead - cobalt - 01-22-2008

Aprilis Wrote:Really?
because I cant get to sleep without a pill and all of my co-workers are telling me to get ambien.

Prescription sleeping pills are almost always addictive. Believe it or not, some mildly strenuous exercise before bed, combined with relaxation techniques help many. Melatonin isn't so bad though.

Heath Ledger Found Dead - law dawg - 01-22-2008

Aprilis Wrote:Really?

I've heard Ambien and booze was what got him. I've used Ambien as well and it worked wonders. But you can't take too many, particularly with booze.