RepairmanJack.com Forums
Mythbusters - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Mythbusters (/thread-2655.html)

Pages: 1 2

Mythbusters - Maggers - 12-31-2007

I know MYTHBUSTERS has been around for quite a while, so I'm late to the game on this one. But I'm just discovering massive doses of MYTHBUSTERS. This show is hilarious and educational. I really like Adam Savage. Very smart, kinda cute and funny red-headed guys catch my fancy. I just laughed myself silly watching Savage attempt to walk on water. That was just too too funny. All of the folks on the show can laugh at themselves and admit mistakes, two very charming traits.

It's a fun show where lots of stuff goes BOOM and you learn about physics and chemistry painlessly.

Mythbusters - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 12-31-2007

Maggers Wrote:I know MYTHBUSTERS has been around for quite a while, so I'm late to the game on this one. But I'm just discovering massive doses of MYTHBUSTERS. This show is hilarious and educational. I really like Adam Savage. Very smart, kinda cute and funny red-headed guys catch my fancy. I just laughed myself silly watching Savage attempt to walk on water. That was just too too funny. All of the folks on the show can laugh at themselves and admit mistakes, two very charming traits.

It's a fun show where lots of stuff goes BOOM!

I haven't seen the show, but what a great name. Could be a Marvel comic.
ADAM SAVAGE--THE MYTHBUSTER

Mythbusters - Dave F - 12-31-2007

Maggers Wrote:I know MYTHBUSTERS has been around for quite a while, so I'm late to the game on this one. But I'm just discovering massive doses of MYTHBUSTERS. This show is hilarious and educational. I really like Adam Savage. Very smart, kinda cute and funny red-headed guys catch my fancy. I just laughed myself silly watching Savage attempt to walk on water. That was just too too funny. All of the folks on the show can laugh at themselves and admit mistakes, two very charming traits.

It's a fun show where lots of stuff goes BOOM!

I'm with you I discovered this early this year

Now I'm addicted, as you say it is funny and informative

That along with Time Team (popular archaeology program) are my favorite Discovery channel programs

Mythbusters - webby - 12-31-2007

Mythbusters is pretty cool - it's one of the few things I'll sit still to watch on tv. Adam is my favorite too, with that maniacal laugh of his when things blow up.

I've learned a lot of useful things from Mythbusters, like, you can NOT save yourself in a freefalling elevator by jumping at the last minute. Good information to have. Big Grin

webby Wrote:Mythbusters is pretty cool - it's one of the few things I'll sit still to watch on tv. Adam is my favorite too, with that maniacal laugh of his when things blow up.

I've learned a lot of useful things from Mythbusters, like, you can NOT save yourself in a freefalling elevator by jumping at the last minute. Good information to have. Big Grin

And throwing something in the water just before you smash into it won't break the surface tension & save your life

You will still get smashed to smithereens! :eek:

Mythbusters - webby - 12-31-2007

Britfan Wrote:And throwing something in the water just before you smash into it won't break the surface tension & save your life

You will still get smashed to smithereens! :eek:

Yep, and you should not fill your car with 5000+ disposable butane lighters on a hot sunny day and then apply several hundred degrees of additional heat. Pa-Whump! :p

webby Wrote:Yep, and you should not fill your car with 5000+ disposable butane lighters on a hot sunny day and then apply several hundred degrees of additional heat. Pa-Whump! :p

Last one I saw was the pirate episode

Very funny

The pleasure Adam got firing the air cannon through the balistic gel head was so funny

In a similar vein does anyone watch Junkyard wars - the UK version (scrapheap challenge) is so funny, hosted by the man who played Kryten in Red Dwarf

I have seen the US version and it seems to have lost some of the fun in translation, mainly due to the different host.

Mythbusters - Aprilis - 12-31-2007

I like Mythbusters too.

I found it useful to know that my tatoo's wouldnt explode if I ever have an MRI.
And the sea sickness episode was good too Smile

Mythbusters - tenebroust - 12-31-2007

Aprilis Wrote:I like Mythbusters too.

I found it useful to know that my tatoo's wouldnt explode if I ever have an MRI.
And the sea sickness episode was good too Smile

This show is very good. I especially liked the PROVEN myth of the unsellable car that was permeated with the stench of death when a pig carcass was left inside to ferment for a while.

Mythbusters - Aprilis - 12-31-2007

tenebroust Wrote:This show is very good. I especially liked the PROVEN myth of the unsellable car that was permeated with the stench of death when a pig carcass was left inside to ferment for a while.

I liked that one too. I cant believe anyone bought that car from them.

Funny I just turned the tv on a few minutes ago and mythbusters is on. And it was the 'walk on water' episode.

Its really hard to pick a favorite episode or a favorite myth. But my favorite Adam quote is 'I reject your reality and substitute my own'

But Jaime has to be cool too, after all he owns a single cab VW bus. And buses are cool Smile