RepairmanJack.com Forums
A Few Questions about AC Limited Edition Hardcover Set - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: A Few Questions about AC Limited Edition Hardcover Set (/thread-2620.html)

A Few Questions about AC Limited Edition Hardcover Set - Sigokat - 12-09-2007

Ok so I was looking on Amazon for the next books in the AC series, but they were all used and stuff.

So I looked on here and saw the Limited Edition Hardcover set for $360.

So my questions are is the Nightworld that is contained in this set the most recent release?

Also if I decide to buy it, which I probably will, do you ship to an APO through the USPS?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sig

A Few Questions about AC Limited Edition Hardcover Set - Ken Valentine - 12-09-2007

sigokat Wrote:Ok so I was looking on Amazon for the next books in the AC series, but they were all used and stuff.

So I looked on here and saw the Limited Edition Hardcover set for $360.

So my questions are is the Nightworld that is contained in this set the most recent release?

Yes! It's the updated NIGHTWORLD. And the other novels have been updated as well. In the others, there are just a few changes made to keep the novels from being "dated."

In THE TOMB for example; originally, Nellie Patton mentioned that she watched The Johnny Carson Show in the evening: that was changed because The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson ended when Johnny retired and Jay Leno became the new host in 1987.

Little things like that.

Ken V.

A Few Questions about AC Limited Edition Hardcover Set - Sigokat - 12-10-2007

Ken Valentine Wrote:Yes! It's the updated NIGHTWORLD. And the other novels have been updated as well. In the others, there are just a few changes made to keep the novels from being "dated."

In THE TOMB for example; originally, Nellie Patton mentioned that she watched The Johnny Carson Show in the evening: that was changed because The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson ended when Johnny retired and Jay Leno became the new host in 1987.

Little things like that.

Ken V.

Ken,

Cool, thanks for the information. I just didn't want to spend that much money if it wasn't the latest editions that everyone has been talking about.

Now I just have to find out if they ship to an APO...I sure hope so.

A Few Questions about AC Limited Edition Hardcover Set - Ken Valentine - 12-10-2007

sigokat Wrote:Ken,

Cool, thanks for the information. I just didn't want to spend that much money if it wasn't the latest editions that everyone has been talking about.

Now I just have to find out if they ship to an APO...I sure hope so.

I hope you can get them shipped to you as well. They're such good stories!

About the greatest change I've noticed so far is in THE TOUCH: in the original, Sylvia's husband was a Vietnam veteran, and the character Ba, was a friend of his (Sylvia's husband.) In the revised novel, Sylvia's husband was a Gulf War I veteran and Ba was a friend of his fathers -- the father being a Vietnam vet. That's it, everything else is the same. So, if the revised novels will put you into an economic bind, you can get the originals much cheaper. The stories are the same. (Except for NIGHTWORLD of course, and that's mostly an expansion of the original.)

Ken V.

A Few Questions about AC Limited Edition Hardcover Set - Dave F - 12-10-2007

It is worth ordering the slipcase as well

They look great in the slipcase on the bookshelf

Cheers

Dave