RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Number 23 ==spoiler== - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Number 23 ==spoiler== (/thread-2593.html)

Pages: 1 2

The Number 23 ==spoiler== - Kenji - 11-23-2007

Today I went to a theatre see THE NUMBER 23.

This is the story about a man who have an obsession with "23". He is Walter Sparrow. His wife gave a book to him for a birthday present. The title is "The Number 23".

He's started reading the book. Then he realized one thing. The main character, Fingering's life is same as Walter's life. Soon, he realized he find "23" around him. Walter's birthday is February 3.(2/3). The dog he found, NED, 14(N)+5(E)+4(D)=23. A novel Fate bookstore's street number is 599, 5+9+9=23. etc, etc....

Is it a coincidence? Or conspiracy? Is he paranoia? Or......

Jim Carey played Walter Sparrow. He was not comedic character as usual. Virginia Madsen played Agatha, Walter's wife. She's always good performer. In this movie, she also did great job.

By the way, today is November 23. My birthday is April 23. And.....gosh! I'm obsessed with 23! :eek:

The Number 23 ==spoiler== - saynomore - 11-24-2007

Kenji Wrote:Today I went to a theatre see THE NUMBER 23.

This is the story about a man who have an obsession with "23". He is Walter Sparrow. His wife gave a book to him for a birthday present. The title is "The Number 23".

He's started reading the book. Then he realized one thing. The main character, Fingering's life is same as Walter's life. Soon, he realized he find "23" around him. Walter's birthday is February 3.(2/3). The dog he found, NED, 14(N)+5(E)+4(D)=23. A novel Fate bookstore's street number is 599, 5+9+9=23. etc, etc....

Is it a coincidence? Or conspiracy? Is he paranoia? Or......

Jim Carey played Walter Sparrow. He was not comedic character as usual. Virginia Madsen played Agatha, Walter's wife. She's always good performer. In this movie, she also did great job.

By the way, today is November 23. My birthday is April 23. And.....gosh! I'm obsessed with 23! :eek:

Once you've become obsessed, any number can take on new meaning and significance. The movie reminded me of the movie, PI, which I enjoyed. But I didn't enjoy 23. I prefer a good old episode of the TV show NUMBERS.

Smile
AC

The Number 23 ==spoiler== - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 11-25-2007

saynomore Wrote:Once you've become obsessed, any number can take on new meaning and significance. The movie reminded me of the movie, PI, which I enjoyed. But I didn't enjoy 23. I prefer a good old episode of the TV show NUMBERS.

Smile
AC

The late Robert Anton Wilson noted the odd recurrence of 23 in...COSMIC TRIGGER, was it? But watch for 23s, saynomore. And watch for, oh, 47s too. See which you see more of in =everything.=

The Number 23 ==spoiler== - saynomore - 11-25-2007

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:The late Robert Anton Wilson noted the odd recurrence of 23 in...COSMIC TRIGGER, was it? But watch for 23s, saynomore. And watch for, oh, 47s too. See which you see more of in =everything.=

47? As in The Hitman? Hmmm.

AC

The Number 23 ==spoiler== - beowulf - 11-26-2007

I saw The NUmber 23 a few months ago...I know I really disliked it, but for some reason I can not remember why. What ever happened in the movie I seemed to have blocked the entire experience. I've done that with a few movies..."1407" comes to mind.

The Number 23 ==spoiler== - Sigokat - 11-26-2007

I watched Number 23 yesterday for the first time and I still haven't decided whether I liked it or not. I don't think it was a horrible film, but then again I think if some aspects within the film were expanded on it could have been a much better film.

Oh well...it was a free rental so no big deal.

The Number 23 ==spoiler== - The Mad American - 11-26-2007

Kind of reminded me of Angelheart without Deniro as the devil for some reason....

The Number 23 ==spoiler== - The Mad American - 11-26-2007

saynomore Wrote:47? As in The Hitman? Hmmm.

AC

No. Of course he is talking about AK47, not the gun, the Russian basketball player Andre Kirelinko. Guy is everywhere on the court, its downright creepy. Big Grin

The Number 23 ==spoiler== - Kenji - 11-26-2007

The Mad American Wrote:Kind of reminded me of Angelheart without Deniro as the devil for some reason....

LOL Big Grin I agree!

The Number 23 ==spoiler== - mike36799 - 12-03-2007

From everyone I have talked to, this movie is "hit or miss". I really liked it, and though the ending was great. Now im the proud owner.