RepairmanJack.com Forums
Jack v. Mitch Rapp - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Jack v. Mitch Rapp (/thread-2521.html)

Pages: 1 2

Jack v. Mitch Rapp - beowulf - 10-11-2007

I usually hate these kind of threads, but I am a huge Vince Flynn fan. I often wonder who is the more resourceful and skilled hero.

Anyone else a VF fan?

Jack v. Mitch Rapp - webby - 10-11-2007

beowulf Wrote:I usually hate these kind of threads, but I am a huge Vince Flynn fan. I often wonder who is the more resourceful and skilled hero.

Anyone else a VF fan?

Yes, I like Vince Flynn. I like that his books are very thick but the story never drags. A similar author I also like is Nelson DeMille.

As for who is more resourceful - I'd go with Jack because I can't imagine Mitch Rapp pulling some of the stunts Jack has pulled over the years. Wink

Jack v. Mitch Rapp - beowulf - 10-11-2007

webby Wrote:Yes, I like Vince Flynn. I like that his books are very thick but the story never drags. A similar author I also like is Nelson DeMille.

As for who is more resourceful - I'd go with Jack because I can't imagine Mitch Rapp pulling some of the stunts Jack has pulled over the years. Wink

I'll have to check DeMille out, Brad Thor is good too.

beowulf Wrote:I'll have to check DeMille out, Brad Thor is good too.

Haven't read any Brad Thor - I'll take a look though. Thanks.

Jack v. Mitch Rapp - Auskar - 10-11-2007

I've never read a Vince Flynn novel. What makes Mitch Rapp similar to Repairman Jack?

Auskar Wrote:I've never read a Vince Flynn novel. What makes Mitch Rapp similar to Repairman Jack?

They really aren't all that similar, other than both being guys who get the job done and do it according to their own rules.

You ought to give Vince Flynn a try, Auskar. I think you'd like the Mitch Rapp character a lot - he fits your favorite character type of the "lone hero" with lots of action and suspense. Oh yeah, and there's not even a smidgen of the supernatural in Flynn's books. Wink

Jack v. Mitch Rapp - beowulf - 10-12-2007

If you like the Jack Bauer character, you will love Vince Flynn's main character - Mitch Rapp. He's a bad ass, CIA Assassin who doesn't take crap form anyone, even the people he works for. The stories combine the politics and intrigue of Clancy with high paced action and faster gratification.

Jack v. Mitch Rapp - Auskar - 10-12-2007

webby Wrote:You ought to give Vince Flynn a try, Auskar. I think you'd like the Mitch Rapp character a lot - he fits your favorite character type of the "lone hero" with lots of action and suspense. Oh yeah, and there's not even a smidgen of the supernatural in Flynn's books. Wink
You made me laugh. I'll certainly give it a shot. Which one comes first?

Jack v. Mitch Rapp - beowulf - 10-14-2007

I'd suggest reading "Memorial Day" first, that is the first appearance of Mitch Rapp, but "Term Limits" was his first book in this series and while Mitch Rapp is not in it, it does have other characters that will appear later in the series.

Jack v. Mitch Rapp - law dawg - 10-14-2007

beowulf Wrote:I'll have to check DeMille out, Brad Thor is good too.
Barry Eisler's John Rain (assassin fixer) and Lee Child's Jack Reacher (kind of fixer, in a way) also come to mind.

In fact, there used to be a legendary thread on who would win between the two (Rain vs. Reacher) that even got the author's to wade in.....Smile