RepairmanJack.com Forums
Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) (/thread-2328.html)

Pages: 1 2

Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) - Tony H - 05-17-2007

*******************MINOR SPOILERS*********************

Who watched the season finale?

I admit, I love this show. Not every episode is action-packed. The characters do a lot of talking but seeing Superman in his younger years is always fun.

From the beginning they had the no tights/no flights rule. They already abandoned the no flights rule but have kep them to a minimum.

Throughout the series we have seen some familiar villians grace the small screen. Of course Lex Luthor who grows more creepy as the series progresses. We have seen Braniac, General Zod, and as of the season finale a certain bizare version of the man of steel.

We have also seen our fair share of heroes from the DC Universe. Cyborg, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter and The Flash (named Impulse in the series due to not being able to secure rights because of a pending movie.)

As far as season finales go this one was the best of the series.

Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) - Flinx - 05-18-2007

Which season?

Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) - Auskar - 05-18-2007

This season. Tonight's episode. It has now played on the west coast, so except for those watching on DVR, everyone that intended to watch it has probably watched it.

Shouldn't it be safe to discuss spoilers now?

Like....

That wasn't a "bizarre version of the man of steel," -- that was the birth of Bizarro, a running character in Superman comics in the sixties (and probably later).

Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) - Flinx - 05-18-2007

Flinx Wrote:Which season?
Auskar Wrote:This season. Tonight's episode. It has now played on the west coast, so except for those watching on DVR, everyone that intended to watch it has probably watched it.

Shouldn't it be safe to discuss spoilers now?

Like....

That wasn't a "bizarre version of the man of steel," -- that was the birth of Bizarro, a running character in Superman comics in the sixties (and probably later).
I'm in Australia so we're behind you guys in the US in getting the shows.

Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) - Tony H - 05-18-2007

So much for being cryptic. Yes, It was Bizarro. LOL

Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) - Tony H - 05-18-2007

Flinx Wrote:I'm in Australia so we're behind you guys in the US in getting the shows.

Currently in season 6 here. Rumor has it there is only going to be 7 seasons, so next year may be the last.

To get caught up and see the seasons you may be missing you can watch them online (as well as movies and cartoons and such) at http://www.tv-links.co.uk
Awesome site. A lot of the movies are dead links so if your selection doesn't start playing and sas loading for longer than 15 seconds the link is dead. But Smallville is good to go as far as links go.

Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) - Scott Miller - 05-18-2007

I have only seen a handful of episodes from various seasons, but always thought they were entertaining. I have recently discovered Jeph Loeb as a writer of comics, he wrote Batman: The Long Halloween and Catwoman: When In Rome which are both excellent, and I see that he is one of the writers of for Smallville. I'm going to have to locate the DVDs, if there are DVDs.

Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) - Oblivion - 05-18-2007

Scott Miller Wrote:I have only seen a handful of episodes from various seasons, but always thought they were entertaining. I have recently discovered Jeph Loeb as a writer of comics, he wrote Batman: The Long Halloween and Catwoman: When In Rome which are both excellent, and I see that he is one of the writers of for Smallville. I'm going to have to locate the DVDs, if there are DVDs.

Batman writers writing a Superman show. It explains a lot, sadly.

Smallville devolved into unforgivable soap opera territory about two seasons ago as far as I'm concerned. Near every character has been, frankly, destroyed. Let's take a look.

-Clark has knowingly, willfully killed, even without exploring alternatives. (Titan and the super-soldier just this year). What they've done as far as making him a habitual liar rather than a guy who makes up lame excuses and disappears...it could almost make up a new section on the Superdickery site. If you just did a drinking game, 'take a shot every time Clark lies to someone's face', your liver couldn't survive watching two episodes back to back.

-Lois Lane is the JLA bicycle. (Okay, not exactly. But given an opportunity, she apparently would be.)

-Lana Lang. Where do I even begin? WHY do I even begin?

The only character who has remained somewhat consistent, Martha Kent, is probably about to be destroyed. I don't believe they can make her a Senator and keep her totally clean.

Don't mean to rant, but it's been a train wreck for a while now. The only reason I haven't quit watching is I can't look away.

Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) - Scott Miller - 05-18-2007

Oblivion Wrote:Batman writers writing a Superman show. It explains a lot, sadly.

Not defending him or the show, having neither read nor watched much of either, but Loeb has written several Superman comics as well.

Smallville Season Finale (Minor Spoilers) - Oblivion - 05-18-2007

I'm actually being pretty unfair to Loeb, as he did do some decent writing in the late 90s as I recall. But he hasn't stopped them, so he gets no slack! :p