RepairmanJack.com Forums
Apocalypto! No Spoilers! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Apocalypto! No Spoilers! (/thread-2078.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Apocalypto! No Spoilers! - Medusa - 12-11-2006

Me and the Hubby went to see this yesterday with 2 other couples. While they thought it a little draggy, I really enjoyed it. One commented on how she hated subtitles but I got used to it really quick. Of course you can't look down to look at your bill (Alamo Drafthouse) because you might miss the funniest line in the movie! (That happened to hubby, Liam, and Tamra.) I love reading about Ancient Indian cultures so I loved the movie!

Apocalypto! No Spoilers! - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 12-11-2006

Medusa Wrote:Me and the Hubby went to see this yesterday with 2 other couples. While they thought it a little draggy, I really enjoyed it. One commented on how she hated subtitles but I got used to it really quick. Of course you can't look down to look at your bill (Alamo Drafthouse) because you might miss the funniest line in the movie! (That happened to hubby, Liam, and Tamra.) I love reading about Ancient Indian cultures so I loved the movie!

I haven't seen the flick, but one of my staff, a movie guy whose opinion I respect, told me, "Blues, if you like heads bouncing down steps, it's your kind of film." Seems to me, on the evidence of BRAVEHEART, THE PASSION, and this new one, that Mel Gibson just likes gore.

Apocalypto! No Spoilers! - jimbow8 - 12-11-2006

I'm jealous that you get to go to the Alamo Drafthouse. That place sounds kick-ass!!!

jimbow8 Wrote:I'm jealous that you get to go to the Alamo Drafthouse. That place sounds kick-ass!!!
You don't have an Alamo there? They are great! We have 3 or 4 in the Houston Area and just happen to have one about 5 minutes from our house. I especially like them because unless its a rated G - all ages movie, NO children under 6 are allowed in there! Woo hoo! No screaming babies!

We had pizza and shakes with our movie! Could've had beer but we rarely drink.

Apocalypto! No Spoilers! - Silverfish - 12-11-2006

I love how in the commercial the voice says: "Apocalypto means life...one man's struggle...blah blah blah" or something like that. And I say to myself "Self? How can Apololypto mean life if apocalypse means death?" And my self answers "good question."

Is it that really gory? I'm not a big fan of gore. I am debating on whether or not to see this.

Stephanie

Apocalypto! No Spoilers! - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 12-11-2006

Silverfish Wrote:
I love how in the commercial the voice says: "Apocalypto means life...one man's struggle...blah blah blah" or something like that. And I say to myself "Self? How can Apololypto mean life if apocalypse means death?" And my self answers "good question."

Is it that really gory? I'm not a big fan of gore. I am debating on whether or not to see this.

Stephanie

I haven't seen it, but I'm told it's gory to the n-th. That's what Gibson likes, it seems. He does it very well.

Apocalypto! No Spoilers! - Silverfish - 12-11-2006

Then I can live without it. Thanks Mike.

Stephanie

Apocalypto! No Spoilers! - law dawg - 12-11-2006

Medusa Wrote:Me and the Hubby went to see this yesterday with 2 other couples. While they thought it a little draggy, I really enjoyed it. One commented on how she hated subtitles but I got used to it really quick. Of course you can't look down to look at your bill (Alamo Drafthouse) because you might miss the funniest line in the movie! (That happened to hubby, Liam, and Tamra.) I love reading about Ancient Indian cultures so I loved the movie!
I've seen it. Which is the funniest? Give me a clue w/o a spoiler if you could....

It had some gore but nowhere near as much as in Braveheart, I thought. But the story of his courage and survival was what I really liked.

Apocalypto! No Spoilers! - jimbow8 - 12-11-2006

Silverfish Wrote:

Stephanie
If you call your self Self, what does Self call you back? Wink