RepairmanJack.com Forums
Dead in the Water--the finished film! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Dead in the Water--the finished film! (/thread-1809.html)

Pages: 1 2

Dead in the Water--the finished film! - Biggles - 08-02-2006

Due to the fact that my step-son, Mike Parrish, is one of the stars of Marc's film, we received a courtesy copy of the finished film on DVD from Marc yesterday. I've already PM'ed Marc what I thought of his (and Dave Moore's) work, but I wanted to state here as well that I am very impressed with how it turned out. The production values are top drawer in every respect, certainly far better than anyone could expect from a "low-budget" independent movie. Although I am openly biased in favor of Mike as my step-son (he was brilliant as "Joseph"), and Marc and Dave as my friends, I thought everyone connected with the film performed beautifully. Cinematography, SFX, make-up, editing, and of course acting were all of high quality.

If you expected a low-budget slasher of the calibre of the original "Night of the Living Dead" or "The Blair Witch Project", raise your expectations! This film deserves to be widely released.

Dead in the Water--the finished film! - GeraldRice - 08-02-2006

I wonder if I'll be able to add it to my Netflix queue...

GeraldRice Wrote:I wonder if I'll be able to add it to my Netflix queue...

Well, we certainly hope that it is theatrically released, but in any event Marc is planning on making it available on Amazon.

Dead in the Water--the finished film! - Marc - 08-02-2006

GeraldRice Wrote:I wonder if I'll be able to add it to my Netflix queue...

It won't be on Netflix for a while. I'm concentrating on getting it up on sites that sell at the moment. I'd like to get it on Netflix and in Blockbuster and Hollywood video at some point but it's tricky to get them into these places.

I'll have an official announcement when the film is available for purchase though.

Dead in the Water--the finished film! - Maggers - 08-02-2006

Congratulations, Marc! When we will be able to see it? You should have a special invited show in Chicago for a chosen few but only after the heat wave breaks. Big Grin

Dead in the Water--the finished film! - jimbow8 - 08-02-2006

Marc B. Wrote:It won't be on Netflix for a while. I'm concentrating on getting it up on sites that sell at the moment. I'd like to get it on Netflix and in Blockbuster and Hollywood video at some point but it's tricky to get them into these places.

I'll have an official announcement when the film is available for purchase though.
Any luck with distribution yet? Film festivals?

jimbow8 Wrote:Any luck with distribution yet? Film festivals?

We've had quite a few offers for distribution but the offers aren't very good nor are the companies offering very reputible. That's the wonderful thing about the internet: I can track down the director/producers of films who have dealt with these companies and find out their experiences.

The last thing I want is to sell this movie everyone worked so hard on only to lose all rights to it and never see a dime. So that's why I'm taking matters into my own hands and doing self distribution. I maintain all rights and control of the film.

The self distribution could last indefinitely or only a few weeks. It all depends on what deals come up, how reputible the company is, etc.

As for festivals we're sticking to local ones as of now just due to the cost of submission and, if accepted, the cost of flying and hotel stay. I'm getting married next year and can't plop down $200-$500 per festival. We're waiting to hear back from a few midwest festivals so if anything pops up I'll let you know.

Maggers Wrote:Congratulations, Marc! When we will be able to see it? You should have a special invited show in Chicago for a chosen few but only after the heat wave breaks. Big Grin

There are actually theatres in some towns where you can rent the theatre for special showings (I believe one is near us). I have thought about doing just that, for a "Northwest Indiana Premiere", but unfortunately Mike dropped the "F-Bomb" a few times, and I'm reluctant to have our priest and youth group attend such a showing. :confused:

Marc B. Wrote:We've had quite a few offers for distribution but the offers aren't very good nor are the companies offering very reputible. That's the wonderful thing about the internet: I can track down the director/producers of films who have dealt with these companies and find out their experiences.

The last thing I want is to sell this movie everyone worked so hard on only to lose all rights to it and never see a dime. So that's why I'm taking matters into my own hands and doing self distribution. I maintain all rights and control of the film.

The self distribution could last indefinitely or only a few weeks. It all depends on what deals come up, how reputible the company is, etc.

As for festivals we're sticking to local ones as of now just due to the cost of submission and, if accepted, the cost of flying and hotel stay. I'm getting married next year and can't plop down $200-$500 per festival. We're waiting to hear back from a few midwest festivals so if anything pops up I'll let you know.

Bravo Marc! This film is too good to let some fly-by-night operation distribute it. Stick to your guns! "Blair Witch Project" put me to sleep, but look at the money it made! Your film is truly better than that, and deserves to be treated with respect. Speaking of respect, if you need any assistance, my "family" will be happy to help. If you need a spare horse's head or such, ya know. Wink

Biggles Wrote:Speaking of respect, if you need any assistance, my "family" will be happy to help. If you need a spare horse's head or such, ya know. Wink

Thanks for the offer but I think my first call will go to the Stable Gun Kid.