RepairmanJack.com Forums
How does Jack not have a Social Security # - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: How does Jack not have a Social Security # (/thread-1732.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - Vargas - 06-19-2006

How is this possible? He went to college for a few years? How does he not have a SS #?

Just wondering.

Anyone?

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - cobalt - 06-19-2006

Vargas Wrote:How is this possible? He went to college for a few years? How does he not have a SS #?

Just wondering.

Anyone?
I'm sure he has one, he just chooses not to use it and report his income. Reported income is just one of the ways to track and follow where you are/have been. Not the type of scrutiny Jack wants. :p

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 06-19-2006

cobalt79 Wrote:I'm sure he has one, he just chooses not to use it and report his income. Reported income is just one of the ways to track and follow where you are/have been. Not the type of scrutiny Jack wants. :p

On 12/3/04, Paul was an honored guest at my Barnes&Noble workplace. My pal Lloyd Garten, a lawyer type, asked the same question. Paul rasped, "Always some yahoo with the details!" He reached into his boot for a Semmerling... I miss Lloyd, but hey--what happens at B&N stays at B&N.

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - webby - 06-19-2006

Vargas Wrote:How is this possible? He went to college for a few years? How does he not have a SS #?

Just wondering.

Anyone?

You got nightmare creatures from some Other reality, jewelry that gives the wearer immortality, the most evil guy to ever walk the earth (and on water!),
strange women claiming to be your "mother", and tons of other stuff I won't mention so as not to spoil things for you...but this is what bugs you? Rolleyes

I'm completely teasing you - don't take that seriously. There probably is a number out there for Jack, but like Cobalt said, he just doesn't use it.

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:I miss Lloyd, but hey--what happens at B&N stays at B&N.

Yeah - and don't any of youse wiseguys forget it!

Fomer employee but still "connected" to B&N...

webby Wrote:You got nightmare creatures from some Other reality, jewelry that gives the wearer immortality, the most evil guy to ever walk the earth (and on water!),
strange women claiming to be your "mother", and tons of other stuff I won't mention so as not to spoil things for you...but this is what bugs you? Rolleyes

I'm completely teasing you - don't take that seriously. There probably is a number out there for Jack, but like Cobalt said, he just doesn't use it.

Yeah - and don't any of youse wiseguys forget it!

Fomer employee but still "connected" to B&N...

Damn good and damn right, Webby!

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - BrettM - 06-19-2006

Well, remember that Jack was conceived quite a few years ago. In the original time line, he would have gone to college in the days when you could do that (and a lot of other things) without a "social"! Nowadays it's a little harder to explain ... Smile

Brett

I know, I know, I'm a stickler for the details.

Actually, I was wondering if in a future book Mr. Wilson would explain this. Perhaps a faked death or something.

I don't care at all really, whether Jack has a SSN or not, I was really just wondering about the logistics or if it has ever been explained in one of the short stories or something.

Funny, that he reached for the Semmerling when this was brought up.

Vargas Wrote:I know, I know, I'm a stickler for the details.

Actually, I was wondering if in a future book Mr. Wilson would explain this. Perhaps a faked death or something.

I don't care at all really, whether Jack has a SSN or not, I was really just wondering about the logistics or if it has ever been explained in one of the short stories or something.

Funny, that he reached for the Semmerling when this was brought up.

The Semmerling was handiest. But I think his throwing knife would have been more artistic.

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - Biggles - 06-19-2006

Just wondering.

Anyone?

As has been pointed out elsewhere, jack has been in his early '30s since The Tomb. Like me, he didn't have to have an SSN when he went off to college. Now, he's have som 'splainin' to do. It was a freer country then. Sad

Must be nice, to have had no SSN when attending college.

Penn State University uses your SSN as your Student ID Number.