RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Pink Panther (remake) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Pink Panther (remake) (/thread-1664.html)

The Pink Panther (remake) - Kenji - 05-13-2006

I confess, everybody. Today, I saw The Pink Panther remake version......and I'm surprised to myself. Because I really enjoyed it! Yes, I said "I enjoyed it". I'm Peter Sellers fan, but I'm also Steve Martin fan, so of course I wanted to see remake. I laughed at some scenes. Especially, when Clouseau's learning American accent (He can't pronounce "H").

I said "enjoyed", but still I prefer Peter Sellers's Clouseau. Steve Martin's Clouseau was unnatural. Even if he played French inspector, I know Steve Martin's other movies. He can play French, but he can't become French. In that respect, Peter Sellers perfectly got into the skin of Clouseau. He was genius...Ah, I miss Peter Sellers and Herbert Lom.

Well, times have changed. Clouseau used internet for investigation.

The Pink Panther (remake) - cobalt - 05-13-2006

Kenji,
Is it out on video yet? I've lost track of this one. I could use a laugh or three. I love Peter Sellers in the original, but admit that Steve Martin is one funny guy! Or as he may say, he is one "wild and crazy guy".:p

The Pink Panther (remake) - Kenji - 05-13-2006

cobalt79 Wrote:Kenji,
Is it out on video yet? I've lost track of this one. I could use a laugh or three. I love Peter Sellers in the original, but admit that Steve Martin is one funny guy! Or as he may say, he is one "wild and crazy guy".:p

Not yet. I saw it in a theatre.

In Japan, Steve Martin is not popular. I hope his popularity rise for this movie.

By the way, Clive Owen played 006 in this movie....yeah, his 006 was really cool. I thought he would act perfect 007. I don't wanna see Daniel Craig's 007. Sad

The Pink Panther (remake) - Silverfish - 05-14-2006

Steve Martin in The Three Amigos is a classic if you need a laugh.

Stephanie

The Pink Panther (remake) - Scott Miller - 07-10-2006

Against my better judgment, I rented it yesterday as my son was dying to see it(he has seen and loves the originals) so I caved and it was not an enjoyable experience for me. Outside of Kline, none of the actors felt remotely right and they opted to bash us over the head with the humor rather than allowing it to happen organically.

On the other hand, I and my kids loved an animated film called Doogal. Low key animation, but clever writing and an 'A' stable of voice talent make it worth the rent whether you've got kids or not.

My wife and I also started watching the incredibly cynical Entourage. I mistakenly grabbed season 2, but we watched them anyway. Not sure I could stand a marathon, but it is certainly worth watching.

It rained(thank goodness) all weekend here.

The Pink Panther (remake) - jimbow8 - 07-10-2006

Scott Miller Wrote:Against my better judgment, I rented it yesterday as my son was dying to see it(he has seen and loves the originals) so I caved and it was not an enjoyable experience for me. Outside of Kline, none of the actors felt remotely right and they opted to bash us over the head with the humor rather than allowing it to happen organically.

On the other hand, I and my kids loved an animated film called Doogal. Low key animation, but clever writing and an 'A' stable of voice talent make it worth the rent whether you've got kids or not.

My wife and I also started watching the incredibly cynical Entourage. I mistakenly grabbed season 2, but we watched them anyway. Not sure I could stand a marathon, but it is certainly worth watching.

It rained(thank goodness) all weekend here.
I have to check out Doogal. Jon Stewart mentions it on The Daily Show occasionally - he self-deprecatingly refers to his character of the "blue spring that shoots ice out of its beard."