RepairmanJack.com Forums
Russ Madden and HARBINGERS - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Russ Madden and HARBINGERS (/thread-1632.html)

Pages: 1 2

Russ Madden and HARBINGERS - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-30-2006

Our old pal Russ Madden has a home page, and by God if he doesn't offer a thoughtful review of RJ10 (or is it 9? Paul--help us out!) I won't (can't!) say more, as I haven't read the book yet. I don't think I'm alone in missing Russ. But jeez, it seems to me that some proud Libertarians are =so= thin- skinned! I'm perhaps the sweetest creature aliveRolleyes , and I've heard monstrous comment about my philosophy, politics, musical faves, and even my taste in lager. But I haven't gone off in a snit! Guess us New York hombres are built sturdier.. .(Russ mentions beer: something like, "Davis passed the first test: he didn't drink Bud or Bud Light." And he wonders if you can judge a man on his taste in beer. Well, #1, to a limited extent, sure you can. And #2, sure you can!) But it was nice to see Russ writing about Paul's fiction. And I hope he'll rejoin the gang.

Russ Madden and HARBINGERS - saynomore - 05-01-2006

I still like to visit Russ's site, and I still like to read his writings, even though I don't agree with them. But I have to believe that the "Harbingers" review is the first step to his returning to the board.

Excuse the poor metaphor, but it's applicable here: When an ex-smoker begins to grab the cigarettes out of other smokers' hands and crush/break them, this usually means he will soon start smoking again.

Those steps again:
1. Crushes other smokers' cigarettes.
2. Begins to hold the cigarette a bit longer before he crushes it.
3. Holds the cigarette and doesn't crush it.
4. Puts cigarette to lips and lets it hang there, but doesn't light it.
5. Lights it.

Ok, now I forgot how this relates to Russ. :confused:

AC

P.S. Oh, yeah. Russ will be back soon. And I promise to behave myself when he does.

Russ Madden and HARBINGERS - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 05-01-2006

saynomore Wrote:I still like to visit Russ's site, and I still like to read his writings, even though I don't agree with them. But I have to believe that the "Harbingers" review is the first step to his returning to the board.

Excuse the poor metaphor, but it's applicable here: When an ex-smoker begins to grab the cigarettes out of other smokers' hands and crush/break them, this usually means he will soon start smoking again.

Those steps again:
1. Crushes other smokers' cigarettes.
2. Begins to hold the cigarette a bit longer before he crushes it.
3. Holds the cigarette and doesn't crush it.
4. Puts cigarette to lips and lets it hang there, but doesn't light it.
5. Lights it.

Ok, now I forgot how this relates to Russ. :confused:

AC

P.S. Oh, yeah. Russ will be back soon. And I promise to behave myself when he does.

Word of honor?:p

Russ Madden and HARBINGERS - KRW - 05-01-2006

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Our old pal Russ Madden has a home page, and by God if he doesn't offer a thoughtful review of RJ10 (or is it 9? Paul--help us out!) I won't (can't!) say more, as I haven't read the book yet. I don't think I'm alone in missing Russ. But jeez, it seems to me that some proud Libertarians are =so= thin- skinned! I'm perhaps the sweetest creature aliveRolleyes , and I've heard monstrous comment about my philosophy, politics, musical faves, and even my taste in lager. But I haven't gone off in a snit! Guess us New York hombres are built sturdier.. .(Russ mentions beer: something like, "Davis passed the first test: he didn't drink Bud or Bud Light." And he wonders if you can judge a man on his taste in beer. Well, #1, to a limited extent, sure you can. And #2, sure you can!) But it was nice to see Russ writing about Paul's fiction. And I hope he'll rejoin the gang.

I've been following Russ since he's left this site. I've really enjoyed his earlier articles. Hell, I supported him by buying his book. Anyone else read it?

KRW

Russ Madden and HARBINGERS - peachynat - 05-01-2006

Okay, fill me in... who is Russ?

Russ Madden and HARBINGERS - KRW - 05-01-2006

peachynat Wrote:Okay, fill me in... who is Russ?

He was before your time on the board, but basicly he's a Libertarian to the core. And he love's FPW's work! (Don't we all?) When he left, he deleted all his posts from the board. I felt that was childish. But when he posted, I always felt it was worth a read or two.

KRW

Russ Madden and HARBINGERS - peachynat - 05-01-2006

KRW Wrote:He was before your time on the board, but basicly he's a Libertarian to the core. And he love's FPW's work! (Don't we all?) When he left, he deleted all his posts from the board. I felt that was childish. But when he posted, I always felt it was worth a read or two.

KRW

I agree that does seem childish. Why did he leave?

Russ Madden and HARBINGERS - Richard Kendrick - 05-02-2006

peachynat Wrote:I agree that does seem childish. Why did he leave?

If memory serves.... I believe he called someone a rude name and FPW "spanked" him and maybe deleted the offending post. I believe Russ felt he was being censored. Either that, or he was just embarrassed for being fussed at by THE MAN. Whichever, He could not control his emotions so he took his ball and went home.

I've enjoyed the board a lot more since. He was usually pretty antagonistic, hostile and rude. He also had a habit of twisting any threads to the political.

RIK

Russ Madden and HARBINGERS - Marc - 05-02-2006

Don't forget that Russ also put all his FPW books up on E-bay and tried to sell them all for $350 even though he had a -1 rating. Ahh, good times... Smile

Russ Madden and HARBINGERS - Maggers - 05-02-2006

Richard Kendrick Wrote:... I've enjoyed the board a lot more since. He was usually pretty antagonistic, hostile and rude...
RIK
I agree. Although I seldom post in the political threads, I read them from time to time. I learned early on to skim through R Madden because he sounded so nasty.