RepairmanJack.com Forums
me and Repairman Jack - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: me and Repairman Jack (/thread-1568.html)

me and Repairman Jack - John Carter - 03-23-2006

I've read the series two times, and I don't read anything more than once. I have a phonographic memory. Not quite photographic, but darn good. Most books I remember every detail, and Repairman Jack books are no exception. The difference is I like them so much, I can read them multiple times and still be entertained

I've started to read just my favorite parts out of the series, but I decided to read the last three in their entirety to prepair for the next one.

As a result, I've developed a small personal kinship with Jack. My wife is pregnant with our first, and whenever Jack is feeling fatherly, I feel like we're partners in this dad thing.

I've always found traits in Jack that I hope are true in me. This is just one more, but I'm pretty excited about this baby and it gives me that little rush when I read F. Paul's stories about Jack.

me and Repairman Jack - Tony H - 03-23-2006

John Carter Wrote:I've always found traits in Jack that I hope are true in me.

If by that you mean you like ramming a fork through someone's eye then kicking it further in until the fork breaks through the skull behind the eye then all I can say is...Who doesn't feel that they share that trait? Doesn't make you special!!!Big Grin

me and Repairman Jack - Kenji - 03-23-2006

John Carter Wrote:I've read the series two times, and I don't read anything more than once. I have a phonographic memory. Not quite photographic, but darn good. Most books I remember every detail, and Repairman Jack books are no exception. The difference is I like them so much, I can read them multiple times and still be entertained

I've started to read just my favorite parts out of the series, but I decided to read the last three in their entirety to prepair for the next one.

What is your favorite one? Mine is "The Haunted Air".

Quote:As a result, I've developed a small personal kinship with Jack. My wife is pregnant with our first, and whenever Jack is feeling fatherly, I feel like we're partners in this dad thing.

Congrats, John! Smile

me and Repairman Jack - jaybird - 03-29-2006

Kenji Wrote:What is your favorite one? Mine is "The Haunted Air".

Congrats, John! Smile
I just finished reading Haunted Air for the third time, actually I'm reading the series for the third time, it's my personal fav. Maybe it's because I enjoy ghost novels. Just think, a ghost story with Jack.....what a great idea.

me and Repairman Jack - Kenji - 03-30-2006

jaybird Wrote:I just finished reading Haunted Air for the third time, actually I'm reading the series for the third time, it's my personal fav. Maybe it's because I enjoy ghost novels. Just think, a ghost story with Jack.....what a great idea.

Yeah, but in The Haunted Air, I think this is "a ghost story with Gia". After all, Gia did stand against poor creepy ghost girl.

me and Repairman Jack - jaybird - 03-31-2006

Kenji Wrote:Yeah, but in The Haunted Air, I think this is "a ghost story with Gia". After all, Gia did stand against poor creepy ghost girl.
Right you are my far away friend. That Gia is one tough woman. Jack is a lucky man.:p

me and Repairman Jack - Jay #1 - 04-06-2006

despite all the ones out there, and I read each one more than once... Legacies is still the most dog-eared of the paperback set I have so I won't break the spines on the hardbacks.

jaybird Wrote:I just finished reading Haunted Air for the third time, actually I'm reading the series for the third time, it's my personal fav. Maybe it's because I enjoy ghost novels. Just think, a ghost story with Jack.....what a great idea.

me and Repairman Jack - jaybird - 04-08-2006

Jay #1 Wrote:despite all the ones out there, and I read each one more than once... Legacies is still the most dog-eared of the paperback set I have so I won't break the spines on the hardbacks.
Yeh. Legacies is a good read. I also could read Gateways over and over. I enjoyed learning about Tom, Jacks dad. The character that previously is not detailed in depth is finally brought to life. he's a pretty cool guy. Alot cooler than Jack would have ever thought. I just wish Jack would have told his dad who he really was before Infernal. It would have been interesting to see how his dad would have reacted. I bet it would'nt have been all that shocking to him. Tom was already guessing around the truth before Jack left Fla.