RepairmanJack.com Forums
Thank You For Smoking - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Thank You For Smoking (/thread-1564.html)

Pages: 1 2

Thank You For Smoking - Maggers - 03-21-2006

I saw "Thank You for Smoking" and enjoyed it tremendously. It's hysterical and a must see. It's actually a paean to the thrill of debate. It's also a send up of big business, big government, agendas and on and on. Loved it!

All you guys on the board who love to get into it on the political threads, sharing your points of view in the hopes of moving someone off their position, go see this movie. I think you'll enjoy it immensely.

I'm a big fan of Aaron Eckhart and he is WONDERFUL in this. Even his great good looks are sent up along with everything else.

It's good fun, an itelligent laugh out loud movie.

Thank You For Smoking - KRW - 03-21-2006

Maggers Wrote:I saw "Thank You for Smoking" and enjoyed it tremendously. It's hysterical and a must see. It's actually a paean to the thrill of debate. It's also a send up of big business, big government, agendas and on an on. Loved it!

All you guys on the board who love to get into it on the political threads, sharing your points of view in the hopes of moving someone off their position, go see this movie. I think you'll enjoy it immensely.

I'm a big fan of Aaron Eckhart and he is WONDERFUL in this. Even his great good looks are sent up along with everything else.

It's good fun, an itelligent laugh out loud movie.

Looking forward to this one. I didn't know it was out?

KRW

Thank You For Smoking - Maggers - 03-22-2006

KRW Wrote:Looking forward to this one. I didn't know it was out?

KRW

I think it's in limited release right now. It's only playing in 2 theaters in all of NY. I think you'll like it, Ken.

Thank You For Smoking - Weatherford - 03-23-2006

The book, like all of Christopher Buckley's books, is a scream!! I will check out the movie when I can. Big Grin

Thank You For Smoking - KRW - 03-24-2006

Maggers Wrote:I think it's in limited release right now. It's only playing in 2 theaters in all of NY. I think you'll like it, Ken.

I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thank You For Smoking - HaroldDemure - 03-25-2006

it opens April 7 here. i am pretty jazzed up to see it.

Thank You For Smoking - Scott Miller - 03-03-2007

HaroldDemure Wrote:it opens April 7 here. i am pretty jazzed up to see it.

As you should be; Maggers nailed it in her first post. For anyone who enjoys good satire, this is an absolute must. I loved it when he came in to his son's class to discuss what he does for a living.

Thank You For Smoking - Silverfish - 03-04-2007

Funny, I just watched this about 5 hours ago, and now I see a thread about it. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Steph

Thank You For Smoking - law dawg - 03-04-2007

Silverfish Wrote:
Funny, I just watched this about 5 hours ago, and now I see a thread about it. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Steph
LOVED it. There was so much hypocrisy pointed out in it, how could you not? Big Grin

Thank You For Smoking - KRW - 05-27-2007

Maggers Wrote:I think it's in limited release right now. It's only playing in 2 theaters in all of NY. I think you'll like it, Ken.

Thanks Maggers. Through the whole movie I was curious why you thought I would like it, but I found it in the end. In fact, I liked it so much, I bought it.Smile

Ken