RepairmanJack.com Forums
Midnight Mass corrections - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Midnight Mass corrections (/thread-152.html)

Midnight Mass corrections - jimbow8 - 06-03-2004

I just wanted to point out a couple of errors that I caught in Midnight Mass.

P. 94 There was an apostrophe left off of the word doin' (or the 'g' was left off).

P. 164 "...left an cavity..." should be "...left a cavity..."

P. 167 I swear I found one on this page but I can't find it now. Big Grin

P. 262 I'm not sure if this is an error or not. The heading of this section is "CAROLE...," but it seems like it is actually all told from Lacey's perspective. BTW, I love your technique of switching perspective throughout the story. I have noticed this in other novels, but have failed to mention it until now.

I have not finished the book yet, but I wanted to post these asap. Great book...so far..... Wink Big Grin

Midnight Mass corrections - Biggles - 06-03-2004

jimbow8 Wrote:I just wanted to point out a couple of errors that I caught in Midnight Mass.

P. 94 There was an apostrophe left off of the word doin' (or the 'g' was left off).

P. 164 "...left an cavity..." should be "...left a cavity..."

P. 167 I swear I found one on this page but I can't find it now. Big Grin

P. 262 I'm not sure if this is an error or not. The heading of this section is "CAROLE...," but it seems like it is actually all told from Lacey's perspective. BTW, I love your technique of switching perspective throughout the story. I have noticed this in other novels, but have failed to mention it until now.

I have not finished the book yet, but I wanted to post these asap. Great book...so far..... Wink Big Grin

So Jimbow. Whatcha doin'? Tryin' ta be da foist ta point out da mistakes 'n' dat? Fuggedaboudit. Just relax 'n' read da freakin' book already. Smile

Midnight Mass corrections - jimbow8 - 06-03-2004

Biggles Wrote:So Jimbow. Whatcha doin'? Tryin' ta be da foist ta point out da mistakes 'n' dat? Fuggedaboudit. Just relax 'n' read da freakin' book already. Smile
Oh, that has nothing to do with it. It hasn't affected my enjoyment of the book at all. I just wanted to try to help out THE MAN before the next printing. I am pretty good at finding errors, so I just thought I would put my annoying (to other people) skill to good use.

Jim

(Ken knows what I'm talking about.)

Midnight Mass corrections - Ken Valentine - 06-03-2004

jimbow8 Wrote:Oh, that has nothing to do with it. It hasn't affected my enjoyment of the book at all. I just wanted to try to help out THE MAN before the next printing. I am pretty good at finding errors, so I just thought I would put my annoying (to other people) skill to good use.

Jim

(Ken knows what I'm talking about.)

Yup. Jim and I are members of a sort of mutual aggravation society. Big Grin

Ken V.

Midnight Mass corrections - Biggles - 06-03-2004

Ken Valentine Wrote:Yup. Jim and I are members of a sort of mutual aggravation society. Big Grin

Ken V.

Ya mean sorta like the masculine equivalent of an ex-wives club?

Midnight Mass corrections - Ken Valentine - 06-05-2004

Biggles Wrote:Ya mean sorta like the masculine equivalent of an ex-wives club?

What's an ex-wives club?

Ken V.

Midnight Mass corrections - XiaoYu - 06-08-2004

...Since this thread is here, I'll say the one thing I have a problem with Midnight Mass: it ended too abruptly! Want moooore! I was left hanging at the end of it, after we're given the hope that Joe and Lacey and the world can be saved...but then it ends, without even an epilogue to let the reader down from the climax. Maybe that was on purpose to keep the novel's spirit alive for a sequel? Especially after what happened to Lacey...

And throughout the novel where Zev is talking or thinking, I kept thinking, 'Hey, it's more Abe-talk...' I kept forcing myself out of Jack mode as I was reading. And Joe started sounding more and more like Jack...

I'm curious, FPW (I apologize if you've already answered this question): Joe, Jack, Jake; do you choose J names on purpose?

I found it nice that Lacey is who she is in a vamp book, where Christianity is often the undeniable center of things. Some of her dialogue, about wanting to believe yet not being able to, and her questioning attitude, was very honest and refreshing. It would've been interesting to try to explain the cross thing without the old religious reasoning, but I was satisfied enough with having an atheist actually survive till the end for once Wink

Midnight Mass corrections - jimbow8 - 06-08-2004

XiaoYu Wrote:...Since this thread is here, I'll say the one thing I have a problem with Midnight Mass: it ended too abruptly! Want moooore! I was left hanging at the end of it, after we're given the hope that Joe and Lacey and the world can be saved...but then it ends, without even an epilogue to let the reader down from the climax. Maybe that was on purpose to keep the novel's spirit alive for a sequel? Especially after what happened to Lacey...

And throughout the novel where Zev is talking or thinking, I kept thinking, 'Hey, it's more Abe-talk...' I kept forcing myself out of Jack mode as I was reading. And Joe started sounding more and more like Jack...

I'm curious, FPW (I apologize if you've already answered this question): Joe, Jack, Jake; do you choose J names on purpose?

I found it nice that Lacey is who she is in a vamp book, where Christianity is often the undeniable center of things. Some of her dialogue, about wanting to believe yet not being able to, and her questioning attitude, was very honest and refreshing. It would've been interesting to try to explain the cross thing without the old religious reasoning, but I was satisfied enough with having an atheist actually survive till the end for once Wink
For one intriquing idea of why the cross and other religious (and non-religious) icons work on vampires, read the Shadow Saga by Christopher Golden. It is an interesting new take on the vampire concept, though it does play around with the good-vs-evil ideology of vampires.