RepairmanJack.com Forums
Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... (/thread-1477.html)

Pages: 1 2

Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... - thisisatest - 01-27-2006

Steve D

Been away again. This time in Modesto, California for another funeral. I'm so far behind in my studies, it's not funny. The quarter system is pure stress. I stayed at my cousin's home in San Jose for a few days while my folks remained in Modesto for the reading of the will. Well, sad news over.

How are things going on the board? Anyone else drop out? Anyone else selling their fpw stuff? I missed out on a chance to buy that copy of The Last Rakosh on eBay. Damn! Are those things really that rare? Seems that everyone who owns one is holding on to theirs. That's what makes them rare, I guess.

Okay, now on to the title of this post: movie characters you hate to hang with even though it's a great movie. Here's some of my un-favorites:

1. Raging Bull--I saw this movie once, loved it, but Jake LaMotta is not a person/character I'd want to spent another evening with.

2. Gladiator--Joaquin Phoenix played such a perfect a--hole in the role of the Emperor that I could not watch that movie again without the fast forward.

3. Wedding Crashers--Two morons; I shutter to think that I actually sat through this movie.

4. Any Austin Powers movie--Virtually every character Mike Myers plays in this series rubs me the wrong way. Fingernails on the blackboard please.

5. Cheaper by the Dozen (new version, parts one and two)--Does anyone remember when Steve Martin used to be funny? I hope he doesn't mess up The Pink Panther.

That's it for now. I'm avoiding the Political threads with a passion, although it would seem most threads nowadays are getting a little edgy. There should be a warning sign on that Brokeback Mountain thread; either that or =really= delete it. There are enough votes for the deletion, I think. I'll get back to you on other threads we should censure. Back to school now. Stay healthy. I'm freaking out on all the funerals I've been to lately. Ta.

Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... - Kenji - 01-28-2006

thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

Okay, now on to the title of this post: movie characters you hate to hang with even though it's a great movie. Here's some of my un-favorites:

1. Raging Bull--I saw this movie once, loved it, but Jake LaMotta is not a person/character I'd want to spent another evening with.

I loved Raging Bull. Jake LaMotta is a.....hm, yeah, I agree about it. But Robert DeNiro is a person I'd want to spent another day with! Big Grin

Quote:5. Cheaper by the Dozen (new version, parts one and two)--Does anyone remember when Steve Martin used to be funny? I hope he doesn't mess up The Pink Panther.

"All of Me" and "Little Shop of Horrors", they are my favorites. He was really funny. I've never seen "Cheaper by the Dozen" yet, so I can say nothing 'bout it. But someday I'll see it.

Okay, it's my turn....

1, Silence of the Lambs--Anthony Heald as Dr. Frederick Chilton. I really hate this character. Do you rememer this line? "You still think you're going to walk on some beach and see the birdies? I don't think so. I called Senator Ruth Martin. She never heard of any deal with you. They scammed you, Hannibal."
Even if I'm not Hannibal, I wanted to eat....hmm, no, I wanted to kill him!

2, Star Wars Episode I/Phantom Menace--Jar Jar Binks....You already know why I hate this character. His squeaky voice annoyed me. I really wanted to squeeze his throat!

3, Aliens--Paul Lazer as Burke. "Look, this is an emotional moment for all of us, okay? I know that. But let's not... Let's not make snap judgments, please. This is clearly an important species we're dealing with and I don't think that you or I, or anybody, has the right to arbitrarily exterminate them!".....Gaah! What a bastard! He's real enemy to all human. I hate this character, but his TV series,"Mad About You" is my favorite one.

Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... - Scott Miller - 01-28-2006

Kenji Wrote:1, Silence of the Lambs--Anthony Heald as Dr. Frederick Chilton. I really hate this character. Do you rememer this line? "You still think you're going to walk on some beach and see the birdies? I don't think so. I called Senator Ruth Martin. She never heard of any deal with you. They scammed you, Hannibal."
Even if I'm not Hannibal, I wanted to eat....hmm, no, I wanted to kill him!

"I'm having an old friend for dinner." Classic.

Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... - Kenji - 01-28-2006

Scott Miller Wrote:"I'm having an old friend for dinner." Classic.

Hahaha! Big Grin Yes it is! In "Hannibal", his dream came true!!!

Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... - hford713 - 01-28-2006

Paul Giamatti's Harvey Pekar from "American Splendor".
One word to describe that character - skanky!

On the other hand, I'd love to hang with Paul. :-)

Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... - Sam - 01-28-2006

Dwight Yoakam - Sling Blade I could not wait for that asshole to die!

Seymour Hoffman - Twister Okay, maybe the movie wasn't great but man his character was annoying!

Joe Pesci - GoodFellas To laugh, or not to laugh. That is the question.

The Gimp - Pulp Fiction Snappy dresser but his conversation topics are a bit too PC.

Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-28-2006

thisisatest Wrote:Steve D

Been away again. This time in Modesto, California for another funeral. I'm so far behind in my studies, it's not funny. The quarter system is pure stress. I stayed at my cousin's home in San Jose for a few days while my folks remained in Modesto for the reading of the will. Well, sad news over.

How are things going on the board? Anyone else drop out? Anyone else selling their fpw stuff? I missed out on a chance to buy that copy of The Last Rakosh on eBay. Damn! Are those things really that rare? Seems that everyone who owns one is holding on to theirs. That's what makes them rare, I guess.

2. Gladiator--Joaquin Phoenix played such a perfect a--hole in the role of the Emperor that I could not watch that movie again without the fast forward.

3. Wedding Crashers--Two morons; I shutter to think that I actually sat through this movie.

4. Any Austin Powers movie--Virtually every character Mike Myers plays in this series rubs me the wrong way. Fingernails on the blackboard please.

5. Cheaper by the Dozen (new version, parts one and two)--Does anyone remember when Steve Martin used to be funny? I hope he doesn't mess up The Pink Panther.

That's it for now. I'm avoiding the Political threads with a passion, although it would seem most threads nowadays are getting a little edgy. There should be a warning sign on that Brokeback Mountain thread; either that or =really= delete it. There are enough votes for the deletion, I think. I'll get back to you on other threads we should censure. Back to school now. Stay healthy. I'm freaking out on all the funerals I've been to lately. Ta.

I'd walk a hard mile to avoid WHITE HEAT's Cody Jarrett. And that goes double for Tom Powers in PUBLIC ENEMY. Let's not forget Rocky Sullivan in ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES. And yeah, I do think he turned yella at the end.

Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... - KRW - 01-29-2006

Anybody watch Rockford Files? I swear I woulda swept Ol' Angel under the rug a long time ago.

Ed Norten in "Rounders"!

Pearce in "The Count of Monte Cristo"

To name a few!

Ken

Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... - Keith the Elder - 01-30-2006

Jackson Pollack in Pollack. What a rectal oriface. I knew he died in an auto accident, so every scene where he was in a car I was begging "Please let this be the one"

The Nevill Brand character in "DOA" "soft in the belly ain'tcha' Bigelow, thats where you're gonna get it, right in the belly.

Movie Characters You Hate to Hang With... - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-30-2006

KRW Wrote:Anybody watch Rockford Files? I swear I woulda swept Ol' Angel under the rug a long time ago.

Ed Norten in "Rounders"!

Pearce in "The Count of Monte Cristo"

To name a few!

Ken

Forgot about "Worm" in ROUNDERS, Ken. But you're right. God, what a slimy (haw!) piece of work.