RepairmanJack.com Forums
How much do you watch? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: How much do you watch? (/thread-1318.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

How much do you watch? - Susan - 11-15-2005

Nielsen Reports Americans Watch TV at Record Levels
NEW YORK, September 29, 2005 – Nielsen Media Research reported today that the average American home watched more television the past TV season vs. any previous season. During the 2004-05 TV season (which started September 20, 2004 and just ended September 18, 2005), the average household in the U.S. tuned into television an average of 8 hours and 11 minutes per day. This is 2.7% higher than the previous season, 12.5% higher than 10 years ago, and the highest levels ever reported since television viewing was first measured by Nielsen Media Research in the 1950’s. During the Sept 2004-Sept 2005 season, the average person watched television 4 hours and 32 minutes each day, the highest level in 15 years.

I watch an average of two hours of TV a day, so I guess I'm an intellectual! Hehehe.

How much do you watch?

Susan

How much do you watch? - jimbow8 - 11-15-2005

Susan Wrote:
Nielsen Reports Americans Watch TV at Record Levels
NEW YORK, September 29, 2005 – Nielsen Media Research reported today that the average American home watched more television the past TV season vs. any previous season. During the 2004-05 TV season (which started September 20, 2004 and just ended September 18, 2005), the average household in the U.S. tuned into television an average of 8 hours and 11 minutes per day. This is 2.7% higher than the previous season, 12.5% higher than 10 years ago, and the highest levels ever reported since television viewing was first measured by Nielsen Media Research in the 1950’s. During the Sept 2004-Sept 2005 season, the average person watched television 4 hours and 32 minutes each day, the highest level in 15 years.

I watch an average of two hours of TV a day, so I guess I'm an intellectual! Hehehe.

How much do you watch?

Susan
I actually WATCH very little, but the TV seems to always be on. Big Grin Lots of Netflix movies and background noise, etc........ Oh, and LOST!!! Big Grin I haven't even been watching West Wing this season. They switched the timeslot and I just lost interest.

How much do you watch? - Maggers - 11-15-2005

I must admit, like Jim, I've got the TV on in the background nearly all the time, tuned to HGTV. I'm learning about decorating, building, selling houses and all sorts of neat stuff.

In terms of shows that I actually seek out and watch, they are few and far between:

Extras - a must, on HBO
Surface - haven't missed an episode yet on NBC
Commander-in-Chief - though I missed the pilot, I've seen every episode since

and
Boston Legal - only because it follows Commander-in-Chief...I started watching and now I enjoy its truly bizarre characters. Love William Shatner.

How much do you watch? - Dave - 11-15-2005

Susan Wrote:How much do you watch?
I record about 5 to 8 hours a week currently, that is stuff I watch.

Random musings on tv in general, all depends how social I am. But if I'm in, it is usually on, or a DVD is on.

When the peak season arrives (Jan-June here), then I could be recording as much as 12 to 15 hours a week (certainly enough to fill up the DVR if I go away for more than a week).

Dave

How much do you watch? - Lisa - 11-15-2005

I watch a couple hours a night usually. It depends on how cooperative the kids are being, but I try to always watch Desperate Housewives, Boston Legal, Threshold, Lost, and Invasion. I like Monday Night Football and CSI Miami too, but don't always get to watch them. We don't generally watch TV at all during the day.

Lisa

How much do you watch? - Marc - 11-15-2005

Depends on the night. The least maybe a 1/2 hour a day, at most 3-4. It's usually around 2 hours though.

How much do you watch? - Scott Hajek - 11-15-2005

There are a few shows that are must see: Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, ER, 24 (season 5 in January!), The Apprentice (both flavors), Alias, Survivor

Other shows I record include: Drawn Together & Robot Chicken. My wife records some of the HGTV shows and Oprah, Dr. Phil and Ellen.

We watch quite a bit, but Monday, Tuesday and Saturday are pretty dead.

How much do you watch? - t4terrific - 11-15-2005

Marc B. Wrote:Depends on the night. The least maybe a 1/2 hour a day, at most 3-4. It's usually around 2 hours though.

I use the dvd player quite a bit.

How much do you watch? - Medusa - 11-15-2005

I all ever watch is LOST and maybe the news. Usually I am reading a book while my husband and son argue over what to watch. Once in a while we'll plug in a DVD but I find myself drifting away and opening a book before its over.

How much do you watch? - Noelie - 11-15-2005

The only actual TV I watch is Nip/Tuck and The West Wing (plus the repeats on Bravo if they're the good ones). So I guess that's...6 hours a week, give or take. I'm not counting DVD's, which accounts for about another 6 hours a week or so.