RepairmanJack.com Forums
Shining - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Shining (/thread-1223.html)

Shining - Marc - 09-30-2005

Check out this preview of a new version of "The Shining" (now called "Shining"). The file takes a bit to load, even on Cable modem, but it's worth the time.

Shining Preview

Shining - jimbow8 - 09-30-2005

That made me smile.

I don't particularly like that version of the movie so this traile seems more appropriate to me. Big Grin

Shining - Kenji - 09-30-2005

Marc B. Wrote:Check out this preview of a new version of "The Shining" (now called "Shining"). The file takes a bit to load, even on Cable modem, but it's worth the time.

Shining Preview

WooHoo!!! This is hilarious! Big Grin This is "EXACTLY" new version. Looks like completely different movie.

Marc, you made this? If you can, I want to see a new version of "Pet Sematary". Big Grin

Shining - Marc - 09-30-2005

Kenji Wrote:Marc, you made this?

Wish I could take credit but I can't. Looks like some guy out of New York did it.

Shining - Kenji - 10-01-2005

Marc B. Wrote:Wish I could take credit but I can't. Looks like some guy out of New York did it.

Oh, I see. By the way, I watched it again, then I realized some lines were quoted from another Jack Nicholson's movie, "About Schmidt". Big Grin

It's very skillful edit.

Shining - t4terrific - 10-02-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:That made me smile.

I don't particularly like that version of the movie so this traile seems more appropriate to me. Big Grin

That trailer is funny!!! I think there was one dubbed spot, where Jack seems to say, "I'm your new foster father." Very Funny!! Bravo!!

I actually think Kubrick's "The Shining" is one of the all-time great horror films. It wasn't THE best, but, I think, one of the best. I've heard quite a few people, who didn't like it. Most were Stephen King fans who were pissed because it wasn't a faithful adaptation.

I've never been one who didn't like a movie because it didn't match up with the book the way I thought it should. I look at a film on it's own merits, but I can understand how a person would get pissed by changes in a story that they hold dear.

I often wonder if I could possibly be completely satisfied with a Repaiman Jack film (I wonder if anyone ever thought of making this movie Wink ). I think getting the RJ character right will be the biggest problem. I RJ is right, then they can tweak rest of the story,all they want to. That would be all right.

Kenji Wrote:Oh, I see. By the way, I watched it again, then I realized some lines were quoted from another Jack Nicholson's movie, "About Schmidt". Big Grin

It's very skillful edit.

I'm sure all of the lines were actually from The Shining except, "I'm your new foster father.", but I'm not sure what film it's from. It's not About Schmidt, anybody seen a film where Nicholson may have used that line?

Shining - Kenji - 10-02-2005

t4terrific Wrote:I'm sure all of the lines were actually from The Shining except, "I'm your new foster father.", but I'm not sure what film it's from. It's not About Schmidt, anybody seen a film where Nicholson may have used that line?

Uh-oh. That's exactly "About Schmidt". I saw "About Schmidt" in theater, and I bought DVD. The line is from "About Schmidt", and no mistake. This line is his monologue for letter to kid. Wink

Kenji Wrote:Uh-oh. That's exactly "About Schmidt". I saw "About Schmidt" in theater, and I bought DVD. The line is from "About Schmidt", and no mistake. This line is his monologue for letter to kid. Wink

Oooohhh!!! That's right!! Ndugu I think?

I don't know why, but I really love that film. It isn't a happy film at all, but it sucks me in. I feel like I'm living it for 2 hours, and I always get the sniffles at the end.

Shining - Kenji - 10-02-2005

t4terrific Wrote:Oooohhh!!! That's right!! Ndugu I think?

Yes! That's him! Smile

Quote:I don't know why, but I really love that film. It isn't a happy film at all, but it sucks me in. I feel like I'm living it for 2 hours, and I always get the sniffles at the end.

Ditto. I agree. Jack Nicholson is GREAT actor. He can do anything. From "Easy Rider" to "About Schmidt", I saw all of his movies.