RepairmanJack.com Forums
Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! (/thread-952.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Blake - 05-27-2005

Marc B. Wrote:No offense, but we saw the same series, yes? The original trilogy may not be spoon-feeding as much, but the new trilogy is loaded with spoon-feeding.

Now here I most definitely disagree. The new series has a much more complex series of plots than the original did. It seems like a large number of people didn't even get the importance of the political machinations in The Phantom Menace, or the fact that the plot is driven entirely by Palpatine's desire to be Chancellor and that the Trade Federation's trade routes are just a red herring. Same thing with Sifo-Dyas ordering the clones in Episode II. And another example: How did Darth Maul track the heroes to Tatooine? It's never explained.

Blake

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Blake - 05-27-2005

Jay #1 Wrote:Actually, I thought Vader was extremely ticked at Han Solo for causing his star fighter to fly off into the vacuum in New Hope. Hence why he was obsessed with getting a hold of the Falcon.

I never thought of that angle. You might be partly right. However, the opening scroll in TESB says that Vader is obsessed with finding Luke. Plot-wise, Vader is looking for the Falcon as a way to get to Luke.

Jay #1 Wrote:As for how he knew about Luke... well, I think that if he felt someone using The Force, he'd probably recognize the feeling again. Then when the emporer told him, it confirmed things. Besides, I would think that during those years in the empire's service, that Vader figured out he either didn't kill Padme, or part of the vision where Obi-Wan helped her as she died might have actually been her dying after the child was born.

Not bad. You may be right. I personally suspect that Vader's figured things out by the time he's talking to the Emperor in TESB, and he's faking his ignorance. It fits with the later offer to Luke to overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy together. I could be wrong, though.

Blake

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Paul R - 05-30-2005

I saw this film at the weekend. And finally I am able to read this thread. I have to say that I'm surprised at how most of you seem to dislike the film. I came out of The Phantom Menace slightly disappointed. I came out of Attack Of The Clones slightly more disappointed. But I came out of Revenge Of The Sith an emotional wreck. I mean that; I thought it was an emotional rollercoaster. And very, very exciting. The battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin would rank as one of the all-time great movie battles.
Sure, there were things I would have done differently (for a start, I probably wouldn't have had Yoda running a hand through his comb-over when he otherwise had nothing to do or say in one particular scene) but that's true of most films.
It worked for me. And I can't wait to see it again.

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Medusa - 05-31-2005

We, also, finally saw this! It was great! About halfway thru the movie the "call of nature" tried to call me. I couldn't get up! I had to wait until the the movie was over. I thought it was great the way everything made perfect sense to lead up to the original Star Wars! This is one I will DEFINITELY buy when it comes out on DVD!

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Jay #1 - 05-31-2005

*shrugs* There are things about all 6 I don't like.

But I'll still be more than happy to go see them when he finally finishes making them 3-d and releases all 6 to theaters simultaneously.

(And yes, George Lucas is working on that)

Paul R Wrote:I saw this film at the weekend. And finally I am able to read this thread. I have to say that I'm surprised at how most of you seem to dislike the film. I came out of The Phantom Menace slightly disappointed. I came out of Attack Of The Clones slightly more disappointed. But I came out of Revenge Of The Sith an emotional wreck. I mean that; I thought it was an emotional rollercoaster. And very, very exciting. The battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin would rank as one of the all-time great movie battles.
Sure, there were things I would have done differently (for a start, I probably wouldn't have had Yoda running a hand through his comb-over when he otherwise had nothing to do or say in one particular scene) but that's true of most films.
It worked for me. And I can't wait to see it again.

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Jay #1 - 05-31-2005

Hmmm... I stopped buying snacks and drinks at theaters years ago. I can eat when i get out. *grin*

Medusa Wrote:About halfway thru the movie the "call of nature" tried to call me. I couldn't get up! I had to wait until the the movie was over.

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - jimbow8 - 05-31-2005

Jay #1 Wrote:Hmmm... I stopped buying snacks and drinks at theaters years ago. I can eat when i get out. *grin*
I try to bring my own. :eek: :p

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - Annice Burdeos - 05-31-2005

Marc B. Wrote:If the deleted scene is put back into the movie at the time of a DVD release then it's a moot point.

I read somewhere that Liam Neeson's role never materialized for Sith/according to the producer

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - dejo - 05-31-2005

Annice Burdeos Wrote:I read somewhere that Liam Neeson's role never materialized for Sith/according to the producer

That's no reason it couldn't still make an appearance on the DVD. Especially in light of the fact that it could easily be done as a "pickup". Liam Neeson only needs to record audio and Yoda is now CG.

Revenge of the Sith WITH SPOILERS!! - jimbow8 - 05-31-2005

Problem is, Neeson has consistently derided the series since his role. That may be part of why Lucas cut him out of the final film.