RepairmanJack.com Forums
Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) (/thread-504.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) - BrettM - 07-13-2006

I think I would at least leave off the last period, since it makes no sense to have two punctuation marks in a row: W. W. J. D?

But, better yet, I think it would work fine without any periods at all, which would solve the whole problem of positioning them. W W J D?

Brett

Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) - jimbow8 - 07-13-2006

dejo Wrote:Something like this?

[Image: wwjd_1e_cropped.jpg]

P.S. Heh, heh. I quoted myself.
I like that one the best so far.

Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) - webby - 07-13-2006

dejo Wrote:Something like this?

[Image: wwjd_1e_cropped.jpg]

P.S. Heh, heh. I quoted myself.

I like this one best too. Only suggestion would be to have a little more spacing between the letters on the WWJD? line. It looks a bit squishy to me.

Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) - dejo - 07-13-2006

Okay, here's my latest incantation:

[Image: wwjd_v1-1.jpg]

I've cleaned up the image a bit (no more blue halo on the circle surrounding Jack), adjusted the text colors, and eliminated the periods from WWJD?

I think this is a design that could sell products. For example, since CafePress.com has black t-shirts, here's what that would look like:

[Image: wwjd_black_shirt.jpg]

Cool, very cool! Now if only CafePress did more black products, like mugs...

Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) - cobalt - 07-13-2006

Cool sir indeed! Cool

Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) - webby - 07-13-2006

dejo Wrote:Okay, here's my latest incantation:

[Image: wwjd_v1-1.jpg]

I've cleaned up the image a bit (no more blue halo on the circle surrounding Jack), adjusted the text colors, and eliminated the periods from WWJD?

I think this is a design that could sell products. For example, since CafePress.com has black t-shirts, here's what that would look like:

[Image: wwjd_black_shirt.jpg]

Cool, very cool! Now if only CafePress did more black products, like mugs...

It does look great on that T-Shirt! Getting rid of the periods in WWJD looks fine - it unclutters that line. Don't hate me, please, but I liked the original text colors much better.

Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) - BrettM - 07-13-2006

dejo Wrote:Okay, here's my latest incantation
Looking good, and I do think the WWJD looks better without the periods. I'd buy this design as-is. But, have you looked at some other fonts? I suspect you could find something where the "J" isn't so narrow compared to the other letters. (Yeah, yeah ... whine, whine, whine. Smile)

Brett

Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) - cobalt - 07-13-2006

Dejo,
You must be peeved by all of our suggestions by now. You would think that we would just plaster Jack upon our chests, shut-up and be done with it. That being said............ If you stuck KYFHO on the back (I know, different story line Big Grin ) I'd love it!
No matter what, mug, t-shirt or whatever........I'll order it!

Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) - dejo - 07-13-2006

cobalt79 Wrote:Dejo,
You must be peeved by all of our suggestions by now. You would think that we would just plaster Jack upon our chests, shut-up and be done with it. That being said............ If you stuck KYFHO on the back (I know, different story line Big Grin ) I'd love it!
No matter what, mug, t-shirt or whatever........I'll order it!

I'm being reminded of the "design-by-committee" follies.

As for KYFHO on the back, CafePress doesn't do a design on the backs of blacks shirts... yet.

If Susan and Lisa are game, I'll submit the graphic to them and they can add a black t-shirt product to the Repairman Jack store.

EDIT: Assuming, of course, that this is all fine with FPW!

Repairman Jack Store (NEW Products May 05) - Biggles - 07-13-2006

dejo Wrote:I'm being reminded of the "design-by-committee" follies.

As for KYFHO on the back, CafePress doesn't do a design on the backs of blacks shirts... yet.

If Susan and Lisa are game, I'll submit the graphic to them and they can add a black t-shirt product to the Repairman Jack store.

EDIT: Assuming, of course, that this is all fine with FPW!

"Design by committee"---Be careful! We may turn your horse into a camel. Not that there's anything wrong with camels.