RepairmanJack.com Forums
Who's Your Cast? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Who's Your Cast? (/thread-2952.html)

Who's Your Cast? - Wapitikev - 08-05-2008

Legion Wrote:I LOVE Kevin Smith. Hes a fellow Jersey Boy who made good and his stuff is damned genius sometimes, but I can't see him as Abe. Hell, I can't see him holding a gun of any kind. I'd just keep thinking WTF is Silent Bob doing with a gun?

And NO WAY do I want Gyllenhal as Jack. Love the guy, love his work, but I can't see a mean bone in his body.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Would you have us believe that you've never once seen Kevin Smith protray the heroic alter-ego of Silent Bob...BLUNTMAN. Everyone knows that Bluntman uses a grappling gun to ascend to the tops of buildings and to swing through the city from rooftop to rooftop.

Just replace the grapling gun with a .357 magnum and you've got Abe!

Besides, "the decline of the world economy" theory that Abe continually spouts to Jack was practiacally written for Kevin Smith!

Think it over...you'll see that I'm right (as in correct, not as in right-wing...although I'm that, too).

Heh.

-Wapitikev

Who's Your Cast? - Legion - 08-05-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Would you have us believe that you've never once seen Kevin Smith protray the heroic alter-ego of Silent Bob...BLUNTMAN. Everyone knows that Bluntman uses a grappling gun to ascend to the tops of buildings and to swing through the city from rooftop to rooftop.

Just replace the grapling gun with a .357 magnum and you've got Abe!

Besides, "the decline of the world economy" theory that Abe continually spouts to Jack was practiacally written for Kevin Smith!

Think it over...you'll see that I'm right (as in correct, not as in right-wing...although I'm that, too).

Heh.

-Wapitikev

I agree with the decline of the world economy" theory bit, but not the grappling hook thing. If Abe used a Bongsaber then he'd be perfect.

Who's Your Cast? - Legion - 08-05-2008

I don't mean to stir up Serenity fans, but what about Nathan Fillion as Jack?

Hes built ( as Dr Horrible showed ). And hes not pretty but hes not ugly. He's got a good regular guy look.

Ooops... Just realized this has alreayd been suggested. I'm all for it.

Who's Your Cast? - Wapitikev - 08-08-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:Since filming on the Repairman Jack Movie should begin around 2015, here's my cast (and the age they will be) in 2015.

Jack: Ryan Gosling, (35, 6’1”, average looking, can act), Jake Gylenhall, (35, 6’, average looking, can act), Jim Sturgess from 21 (34, 5’11&3/4”, average looking, can act)

Gia: Scarlett Johansson (31), Jessica Biel (33), Elisha Cuthbert (33)

Abe: Jon Favreau (49), Kevin James (50), Bruce Campbell (57), Kevin Smith (45)

Kusum: Sendhil Ramamurthy from Heroes (41), Akshay Kumar (48)

Kolabati: Aishwarya Rai (42), Morena Beccarin (37)

Vicky: (the child actress would be 1 year old right now) Angelian Jolie’s daughter Vivienne Marcheline (7), Jessica Alba’s daughter Honor Marie (7)

Julio: Benicio Del Toro (48), Jacob Vargas (44) props to Seph for that one.

Mrs. Westphalen: Carrie Fisher (59), Meryl Streep (66)

-Wapitikev

Found another possible Gia for 2015:

Sara Paxton (27 that April)...depending how she develops as an actress. I just caught a bit of Superhero Movie and if she can deliver those cheesy lines that well at 20 years old, she should have a future in the biz. She certainly has the looks to pull off the blonde, blue-eyed italian beauty.

-Wapitikev

Who's Your Cast? - persephoneslove - 08-08-2008

Jack: Ryan Gosling, (35, 6’1”, average looking, can act), Jake Gylenhall, (35, 6’, average looking, can act), Jim Sturgess from 21 (34, 5’11&3/4”, average looking, can act)

Abe: Jon Favreau (49), Kevin James (50), Bruce Campbell (57), Kevin Smith (45)

Kusum: Sendhil Ramamurthy from Heroes (41), Akshay Kumar (48)

Kolabati: Aishwarya Rai (42), Morena Beccarin (37)

Vicky: (the child actress would be 1 year old right now) Angelian Jolie’s daughter Vivienne Marcheline (7), Jessica Alba’s daughter Honor Marie (7)

Julio: Benicio Del Toro (48), Jacob Vargas (44) props to Seph for that one.

Mrs. Westphalen: Carrie Fisher (59), Meryl Streep (66)

Anything I marked in red is a big fatty no-no to me. As for Nathan Fillion being Jack it was dismissed towards to beginning of the thread, he's to pretty and I just don't think he can pull off the cracklin' oDNA look.

Any idea why they're calling it "Repairman Jack 1: Rakoshi Claw" or whatever the hell it was?

No diss meant on Tucci but I just can't see him in any capacity as Abe. And you just now got the sign reference??

As for casting a young Jack let's send out some feelers on that one, and for Weezy as well. I don't like the idea of Cyrus playing his dad though, he will never be forgiven for that song, or that hair [bias perhaps but he cannot be FORGIVEN!!!]

Anywhos, elsewhere in the realm of Jack I've decided to add a lil' spice to our bulletin, participation not required. At the end of each lil' blog reply I'm gonna ask a Jack trivia question next person to post should answer said questiona nd then post one of their own and so on and so on. If you cannot answer the question though, do not reply as wrong answers will be subject to a mocking from me [muahaha] Let the Jack-a-thon begin!

What was the name of Jack's favorite car?

Who's Your Cast? - Wapitikev - 08-09-2008

persephoneslove Wrote:Any idea why they're calling it "Repairman Jack 1: Rakoshi Claw" or whatever the hell it was?

"They" aren't, I am. Here's why. In addition, the (3) claw marks of the Rakoshi, left on Jack's chest, play a significant role in the movies that follow.

persephoneslove Wrote:What was the name of Jack's favorite car?

You may commence mocking...I cannot recall the make and model (my first 7 RJack books are on loan to someone else right now) but he ditched it after All The Rage because it was too conspicuous.

persephoneslove Wrote:Jack: Ryan Gosling, (35, 6’1”, average looking, can act), Jake Gylenhall, (35, 6’, average looking, can act), Jim Sturgess from 21 (34, 5’11&3/4”, average looking, can act)

Anything I marked in red is a big fatty no-no to me.

Ouch. Don't forget, these actors/actresses will have another 7 years under their belt at that point.

How can you go wrong with JB...she's a knockout.

And as far as Jim Sturgess goes, check the pic from his 2009 feature Heartless...he already fits the bill:
.jpg
Sturgiss RJsmall.jpg (Size: 30.86 KB Downloads: 123)

What 25-30 year old actor would you like to see play Jack when filming starts in 2015?

-Wapitikev

Who's Your Cast? - persephoneslove - 08-09-2008

I do not deny that Jessica Biel is pretty BUT>>> I cannot picture her in such a maternal role to Vicki. Biel is known for playing much stronger female characters and while Gia has a strong personality, she is not an amazon. She is an artist and mother first; she has softness to her that I don't think Biels can portry correctly. In addition it would conjure up some memories of her and Reynolds in "Blade Trinity" not the comparison I want to associate with Gia.

I'm still thinking about who would be a good Jack in that time frame though, so I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Don't confuse me by renaming movies! I have a bad enough memory sometimes and I don't need made up movie names floating in this noggin to confuse with the real deal. Plus I would spend tons of time trying to look that up and would geet nothing -so, blah-

Jim Sturgess could be right in a couple of years but right now he just looks to soft and...moldable. Plus he's got kind of a long chin, which Jack does not have, and is a very distinguishing trait.

And to begin the mocking the car was white Corvair and his name was Ralph. Jack had to ditch him because it was becoming a collectors item and was drawing to much attention. And it was not "All the Rage" in which he gave it away...wow, you need to reread, lol. But to be fair I can't remember if it was in "Conspiracies" which I'm pretty sure it was, or in "Legacies" which is kinda likely...somebody look it up since my copies are also on loan right now. but seriously how can you forget a car named Ralph?

New question:
What was the name of the small town near Shoreham where the "burst of Otherness" occured, causing deformities in unborn fetuses?

ps: is unborn fetuses redundant?

Who's Your Cast? - Scott Miller - 08-09-2008

persephoneslove Wrote:New question:
What was the name of the small town near Shoreham where the "burst of Otherness" occured, causing deformities in unborn fetuses?

That answers are Monroe and yes, at least I think it sounds redundant. I don't know any born fetii. Big Grin

What was Jack's first fix it?

Who's Your Cast? - Wapitikev - 08-09-2008

persephoneslove Wrote:I do not deny that Jessica Biel is pretty BUT>>> I cannot picture her in such a maternal role to Vicki. Biel is known for playing much stronger female characters and while Gia has a strong personality, she is not an amazon. She is an artist and mother first; she has softness to her that I don't think Biels can portry correctly. In addition it would conjure up some memories of her and Reynolds in "Blade Trinity" not the comparison I want to associate with Gia.

In 7 years she'll be 33...she better learn to play a nurturing role by then if she want's a career when she's 40.

And since filming for the 2015 cast would have Reynolds at 43 years old...far too old for Jack...then there should be no confusion between RJ1 and Blade3 if Beals is paired with someone else like...

persephoneslove Wrote:Jim Sturgess could be right in a couple of years but right now he just looks to soft and...moldable. Plus he's got kind of a long chin, which Jack does not have, and is a very distinguishing trait.

He is a baby-face right now...but in 5 years he'll have finished growing up and that chin won't be so pointy. He looks about as everyman as you can get.

persephoneslove Wrote:New question:

Monroe...too easy.

***question deleted*** Thanx to my useless and slow Internet provider, Scott beat me to the answer.

-Wapitikev

Who's Your Cast? - persephoneslove - 08-09-2008

We'll have to adopt a wait and see with Biels but I'd still have B3 flash backs anyways I think, so. But hey, that's probably just me. Same will have to go with Sturgess, there's no telling how someone will look or act in that amount of time.

Yeah it was an easy question, then so was Ralph, -so, nyah-

Also thanks for the clarification about fetii, though it seems on all the medical shows they say "unborn fetus" maybe we should send them a letter? lol

Jack's first fix was Mr. Cannelli [or however that's spelled]. At least it's his first official one according to "The Tomb". He put in solid metal posts hidden behind wood to prevent some teens from running over his yeard again. The car ended up wrapped around the poll. He was a very satisfied customer.

What was the name the rakoshi called Kusum?