RepairmanJack.com Forums
What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What so-called "Bombs" did you like? (/thread-624.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Gerald Rice - 01-19-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:Love the 13th Warrior - still waiting for a director's cut of that with footage by McTiernan before Crichton took over.

Still haven't been able to make it through Brazil.

Did NOT like F&L in LV at all. Possibly because I just don't understand that drug lifestyle at all.

I thought The 13th Warrior was all right, but what happened? I remember it being advertised originally as Eaters of the Dead and then it disappeared for a long time and then it was suddenly in theaters as the 13th Warrior. It took so long between its first commercial and release that it took me a while to realize they were two titles for one movie.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - jimbow8 - 01-19-2005

Gerald Rice Wrote:I thought The 13th Warrior was all right, but what happened? I remember it being advertised originally as Eaters of the Dead and then it disappeared for a long time and then it was suddenly in theaters as the 13th Warrior. It took so long between its first commercial and release that it took me a while to realize they were two titles for one movie.
It was originally directed by John McTiernan (Die Hard, Predator). Crichton was apparently unhappy with it, took over as director, and did major reshoots and changes including changing the 'mother' of the Wendol from an old woman to a young woman and cutting out much of the story.

From Amazon: Link

Here is another summation: Link

I am still anxiously awaiting some sort of director's (McTiernan) cut of this film.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Gerald Rice - 01-19-2005

bkwormonthenet Wrote:LAKE PLACID is, IMHO, one of the most hilarious movies out there. I have read such scathing reviews of it, where it gets totally ripped apart, but these people (I think even Roger Ebert was one of them) just didn't get it. It wasn't trying to be scary, really. It's too over the top for that. It's a comedy, and a very, very good one at that. The Betty White profanity you point to is evidence it's a comedy!

I feel sorry for those who didn't "get" this film and can't enjoy it.

Sean

I thought Bridget Fonda's character to be so annoying she became a distraction to the movie. She was =the= most deserving to get eaten by the alligator that's how you know within the first ten minutes she wasn't going to die.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - bkwormonthenet - 01-20-2005

Gerald Rice Wrote:I thought Bridget Fonda's character to be so annoying she became a distraction to the movie. She was =the= most deserving to get eaten by the alligator that's how you know within the first ten minutes she wasn't going to die.

Obviously, the Sheriff found her annoying, too!

Sean

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Richard Kendrick - 01-20-2005

Kenji Wrote:Which is your favorite one? Movie or TV-mini series? I like TV-mini series. Movie was pretty good. Great cast, wonderful music...but TV-mini series were better than movie.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000639EV/qid=1105972957/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/102-1873487-4784956?v=glance&s=dvd

I liked them both about the same amount... For different reasons.

RIK

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Richard Kendrick - 01-20-2005

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:My One-True-Love whom I shall someday marry says about the same thing, Richard. But let's one music man talk straight to another: do any of the books after the first 2 have great lines ( or scenes) like:
"They have tried to take the life of my son!"
"It was the Harkonnens, Father. We shall have to destroy them."
"The tooth! =The tooth!="
"I was a friend of Jamis...he taught me...when you kill...you pay for it."
"Are you challeging me, sir?"
"You had best explain yourself, Gurney."
"You thought you were doing a thing for Leto...and for that I honor you."
"These people are insane!--Give her body to the storm!"
"Let the storm have what it can take! I'm sorry, Grandfather...you've met the Atreides gom jabbar."
Hee-hee! How can you beat that talk and that action, Richard? I ask yez.

It has been a while since I read the first six books so I don't remember all the grea lines. I do remember thinking that Herbert had lost his mind toward the end of the last book though. I was pretty confused by the "ending". I am very glad that there is supposed to finally be a finsih to the whole story. I wish Frank Herbert could have written it himself though. I'm glad they at least have his outline to work off of. I might have to go back and reread the first six books so I can remember what was going on though.

RIK

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Mike - 01-20-2005

undefinedundefinedundefined

I have seen many bombs and try my best to collect them. Some of my
favorites include the following:

1. Plan 9 From Outer Space.
2. Bride of the Monster.
3. Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
4. The Fifth Element.
5. Waterworld.
6. EEGAH!

I also love cult films, especially those that offended the critics, but still
managed to profit at the box office.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Medusa - 02-10-2005

Kenji Wrote:Critics don't know anything about movies! I like The 5th element. Krull and Clash of the Titans....oh, I love them! That's our age! Big Grin

BTW, did you choose your name Medusa from Clash of the Titans?
Actually I didn't pick that name. It was given to me. That's my paintball name. I'm told that when I aim my paintball gun at guys they turn to stone. ha ha Well, they do "die" when I splatter them with paint!

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Kenji - 02-11-2005

Medusa Wrote:Actually I didn't pick that name. It was given to me. That's my paintball name. I'm told that when I aim my paintball gun at guys they turn to stone. ha ha Well, they do "die" when I splatter them with paint!

Sometimes you mentioned about paintball.

I didn't know about paintball, so I checked in internet...............(30 seconds).......................Ah, it's like a shooting game! Sounds fun. Smile

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Scott Miller - 02-28-2005

I know I've seen my share, but have been drawing blanks since the question was posed. I finally have one: Jurassic Park III. The same production value of the first two minus the cheesy, kid-friendly aspects. Make some vicious dinosaurs and let 'em rip.