RepairmanJack.com Forums
Who's Your Cast? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Who's Your Cast? (/thread-2952.html)

Who's Your Cast? - mad4tunes - 08-01-2008

I realize he just turned 40, but has anybody thought about Sam Rockwell as Jack?

And while he might have to wear a fat suit to do it, I could see Stanley Tucci as Abe.

Who's Your Cast? - Wapitikev - 08-01-2008

mad4tunes Wrote:I realize he just turned 40, but has anybody thought about Sam Rockwell as Jack?

And while he might have to wear a fat suit to do it, I could see Stanley Tucci as Abe.

I agree 110%, Mad4, Sam Rockwell would be great as Jack except for this age. He's the right height (5'9"), the right hair colour the right looks (average) and he can play a nice guy and a psycho. Excellent choice (although you already knew that).

Stanley Tucci could definitely play Abe...he can play almost anything, and has for over 20 years. His filmography is impressive. He was even in an episode of the Equalizer!

And, since I liked your suggestion of Mena Suvari, I congratulate you on even more excellent suggestions.

[tips hat]

-Wapitikev

Who's Your Cast? - bones weep tedium - 08-01-2008

jimbow8 Wrote:Umm, that was a joke. A bit o' sarcasm, if you will.

Sarcasm? Sure, that was really sarcasm. Rolleyes

Who's Your Cast? - bones weep tedium - 08-01-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:
Encino Man?!...where he had, what, 5 words of dialogue in the whole show other than grunting ? Are you going to cast Paulie Shore as Abe? Or Sean Astin? Actually, Sean Astin might do ok as Abe, come to think of it. Anywho...

Seriously though, that Oscar is not listed on IMDB...are you sure he won? I suspect he wasn't even nominated. In any case, Encino Man was 16 Years ago...he's done 34 films and a handful of TV shows since and Crash is his biggest honour to date. He won a SAG Award as part of the ensemble cast in that one. And no, I don't count the Blockbuster Entertainment Award he won for Mummy in 1999.

More importantly however, he's 6'3"...that's 2" taller than Reynolds, who many people complain is too tall for the role. then, there's his age...he was 24 when Encino Man was released...he's 40 now...which is too old for Jack in The Tomb. If I'm going to choose a 40 year old Jack then J-Don is the man, not Brendan. Then there's his looks...he's too handsome for Jack...Thomas Jane is way uglier. Last but not least is that he's way (waaaaay) to comedy for the role...another criticism of Reynolds, but I'd rather have him than Fraser.

I like Brendan. Heck, I own Encino Man, Bedazzled, Crash, both Mummy Movies
etc., etc. But he is not Jack if I'm casting the show.

-Wapitikev

I had no idea what the hell Encino Man was until I googled it and found out it is what I know as California Man.

What does Encino mean??

PS Brendan Fraser might be good as Jack's crap half cousin, but not Jack Big Grin

Who's Your Cast? - Ken Valentine - 08-01-2008

bones weep tedium Wrote:I had no idea what the hell Encino Man was until I googled it and found out it is what I know as California Man.

What does Encino mean??
I don't know what the word actually means, but Encino is a city, about 20-some miles northwest of Los Angeles.

Ken V.

Ken Valentine Wrote:I don't know what the word actually means, but Encino is a city, about 20-some miles northwest of Los Angeles.

Ken V.

That city's name is the basis for the movie title, Ken. In Europe the title Encino Man was changed to California Man, as Bones said...probably because no one would know where the hell Encino was.

-Wapitikev

Who's Your Cast? - Ken Valentine - 08-01-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:That city's name is the basis for the movie title, Ken. In Europe the title Encino Man was changed to California Man, as Bones said...probably because no one would know where the hell Encino was.
I have never seen the movie, but I figured as much.

I looked it up, and Encino is the common name (Spanish origin of course) for the California Live Oak.

It's also the name of a small town in New Mexico.

Ken V.

Who's Your Cast? - Legion - 08-01-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:The joke's on me then.

And, Legion, I'm already missing the animated GIF from your sig. Why'd you take it down? I was just getting de-sensitized to it.

-Wapitikev

If you mean the WWII game one? I was asked by a member of our forum to take it down, as the image of hitler offended them.

If you mean the stick figure going ballistic on his keyboard? It was there when you posted, but now I have this new one up for the duration of the olympics. Don't worry. I will find something equally needing to be de-sensitized to.

Wait til you see the next one. Big Grin

Legion Wrote:If you mean the WWII game one? I was asked by a member of our forum to take it down, as the image of hitler offended them.

If you mean the stick figure going ballistic on his keyboard? It was there when you posted, but now I have this new one up for the duration of the olympics. Don't worry. I will find something equally needing to be de-sensitized to.

Wait til you see the next one. Big Grin

I was referring to the stick-figure one (I'm the one who found the eye whipiing back and forth disturbing). I lilke the Beijing one. I look forward to the next one.

-Wapitikev

Who's Your Cast? - Automatic Jack - 08-01-2008

ImDeranged Wrote:I had previously suggested Brendan Fraser here. Watch "Gods & Monsters" he can act. Admittedly it doesn't always show. But because of the James Whale marathon Jack starts early in the first book and the description of Jack I've visualized Fraser as Jack while reading the books.
I had absolutely no quibbles with Fraser's acting in "The Quiet American", which had zero time travel, walking undead, or anthropomorphic animals doing crazy hijinks.

But I could never imagine him as Jack. I'm quite content with Reynolds, actually, now that I've bothered to rent the movies he's been in.