RepairmanJack.com Forums
Best Movie Couples (male/female) - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Best Movie Couples (male/female) (/thread-877.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Best Movie Couples (male/female) - Scott Miller - 04-19-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:Cliffhanger??!?!? Are you serious? That was a shoddy piece of work.

Oh come on, that was another finely nuanced performance from a stellar actor at the top of his game.

Stallone is a mystery to me because everytime I see him interviewed I come away impressed by his intelligence and charisma, but put him in front of the camera and he's transformed into an inarticulate lump of clay.

For my money, his best performance was as the ruthless cardshark in Shade. Shade is worth checking out if you enjoy playing cards. The opening credits and a special feature demonstrate how incredibly dextrous some dealers are.

Best Movie Couples (male/female) - thisisatest - 04-20-2005

Flinx Wrote:Trying to think of couples that have not already been mentioned.

Percy Kilbride & Marjorie Main (Ma & Pa Kettle)
Jimmy Stewart & June Allyson (The Glenn Miller Story and Strategic Air Command)
Frankie Avalon & Annette Funicello (Beach Party movies)

Steve D
Nice picks. Let me add Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert (It Happened One Night), and William Powell and Carole Lombard (My Man Godfrey) to the mix.

On a semi-modern day note: Al Pacino and Diane Keaton from the Godfather Trilogy. (I'm probably one of the few people on earth who actually liked the third movie of the series.)

Best Movie Couples (male/female) - Weatherford - 04-21-2005

Ken Valentine Wrote:The closest I've come to seeing one of his movies was a movie entitled Sylvester, about a horse named Sylvester Stallone.

Ken V.

OMG!! :eek: You've actually SEEN this movie?? Few have - even the die hard horse people! Best part about it are the parts they filmed at actual events! But, if you want a horse movie about eventing, International Velvet is MUCH better.... Of course, ignore the title and supposed relationship to National Velvet! Wink

Roy Rogers and Trigger - oh, that's right, we are talking male female HUMAN couples...

Roy Rogers & Dale Evans...

Best Movie Couples (male/female) - Weatherford - 04-21-2005

Jay #1 Wrote:Toby Maquire and Kirsten Dunst. SpiderMan one and 2.

Janeane Garofalo (Abby Barnes) and Ben Chaplin (Brian) Of The Truth About Cats And Dogs.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

(great movie!!)

Best Movie Couples (male/female) - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-24-2005

Scott Miller Wrote:Oh come on, that was another finely nuanced performance from a stellar actor at the top of his game.

Stallone is a mystery to me because everytime I see him interviewed I come away impressed by his intelligence and charisma, but put him in front of the camera and he's transformed into an inarticulate lump of clay.

For my money, his best performance was as the ruthless cardshark in Shade. Shade is worth checking out if you enjoy playing cards. The opening credits and a special feature demonstrate how incredibly dextrous some dealers are.

SHADE was well worth a a look-see too. But I found CLIFFHANGER an exciting flick. Maybe because--and this just occurred to me--I'm afraid of heights.

Ken Valentine Wrote:Thanks Maggers . . . and Jim. I've heard of "Rocky," but obviously, I've never seen the movie.

Ken V.

Check it out, Ken--it's a wonderful flick.

Maggers Wrote:Ken, this is the "Rocky" that made Sylvester Stallone a star. One of the memorable scenes is Rocky, all beat up but he won the fight, calling for his girl as only Sylvester Stallone can. "Adrian!" With a New Yawk accent and sounding stupid to boot, nevertheless, it was a moving moment.

Maggers, if you recall--Rocky =didn't= win the fight. When the ref announced the judges' decisions, it went something like, "Ladies and gentlemen--this has been one of the greatest bouts in the history of the great fighting city of Philadelphia! And...we have a split decision! Judge Maggers scores...8-7...Creed! Judge Blues scores...8-7...Balboa! Judge Jimbo scores...9-6...Creed! And still the heavyweight champion of the world--Apollo Creed!" But Rocky accomplished his goal. He was still on his feet when the final bell rang. He knew "for the first time in his life, he wasn't just another bum from the neighborhood." And that's what set up ROCKY II--Creed was getting mail, some of it not too kind--"You fraud. Every real fight fan knows Rocky won that fight. Ain't that right, 'Champ?'" And Apollo tells his boys, "Get me Balboa again. Won't be no doubts this time..."

Best Movie Couples (male/female) - Maggers - 04-24-2005

Ooops...guess his not winning didn't make that much of an impact on me. Rolleyes And I'm not a fan of the million sequels. But I do remember "Yo, Adrian!"

Best Movie Couples (male/female) - CANADIANRJFAN - 06-01-2005

thisisatest Wrote:Steve D
I watched Wild at Heart last night and must put Nicolas Cage and Laura Dern on my top ten movie couples of all time. Spenser Tracy and Kate Hepburn, Bogey and Hepburn, Bogey and Bacall, Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek, are others I would include (you can figure out the movies they starred in). Any others?

James Gandolfini / Edie Falco - Tony & Carmela Soprano

Tommy Lee / Pamela Anderson - (The Honeymoon Video)

Okay, I was just being a wise-ass on that last one. Big Grin

Best Movie Couples (male/female) - Libby - 06-25-2008

Marylin Monroe and Tony Curtis, escpecially with Tony in drag.Big Grin In Some Like it Hot. Love that movie.