RepairmanJack.com Forums
What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What so-called "Bombs" did you like? (/thread-624.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Maggers - 01-14-2005

KRW Wrote:What about The Jerk?

KRW

That didn't make me laugh so hard that I cried, which is what happens every time I watch "The Man with Two Brains," and I've seen it a zillion times.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - bkwormonthenet - 01-14-2005

Medusa Wrote:Lake Placid! Now that one was great! Was that not a total shock to hear those words coming out of the mouth of Betty White? The Golden Girl! Wow, that made the whole movie! That and Oliver Platt's attitude!

LAKE PLACID is, IMHO, one of the most hilarious movies out there. I have read such scathing reviews of it, where it gets totally ripped apart, but these people (I think even Roger Ebert was one of them) just didn't get it. It wasn't trying to be scary, really. It's too over the top for that. It's a comedy, and a very, very good one at that. The Betty White profanity you point to is evidence it's a comedy!

I feel sorry for those who didn't "get" this film and can't enjoy it.

Sean

Scott Hajek Wrote:Though, there was talk of making Buckaroo Banzai a TV series. Still in limbo, I believe.

Pick up the DVD, if you haven't alrerady. There's an extra that's a CGI sequence to promote the proposed TV series they were working to sell sometime after the movie. I didn't think it was still being pursued, just that it was at one time.

Sean

Susan Wrote:Red Dawn

Has the cut McDonald's massacre scene ever been on any of the DVD releases as an extra or deleted scene? I remember that they felt they had to cut this scene because it happened for real (although not by any foreign invaders) about the time the movie was to be released.

Sean

the Oracle Wrote:the Transporter

Yes! This is a real gem in my view. I saw on IMDB that they are working on a sequel, and I heard that Jason Statham's character is supposed to be in the U.S. I am nervous about the sequel, though. Part of the appeal of the movie for me was the French setting, the French policeman who was sympathetic, etc. Just plain fun.

Sean

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Flinx - 01-15-2005

Keith the Elder Wrote:Hannie Caulder with Raquel Welch and Robert Culp. It's my favorite RW flick although I still fantasize about saving her from the antibodies in Fantastic Voyage

Loved
Battlefield Earth
Buckaroo Banzai (Still waiting for that promised BB and The World Crime Syndicate)
Zardoz
Loved Buckaroo Banzai, but had to get the US DVD because they screwed up the Australian version.

Also loved The Last Starfighter when I saw it at the cinema but hated the video version because they changed the sequence of the final battle scene.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Kenji - 01-15-2005

Flinx Wrote:Also loved The Last Starfighter when I saw it at the cinema but hated the video version because they changed the sequence of the final battle scene.

I loved The Last Starfighter. Also loved music. But....how did they change final scene? It's a long time since I saw it last time.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - KRW - 01-15-2005

A buddy of mine has just told me about a bomb that he loves! (I haven't been able to see it yet.) It's called Shoulen Soccer. He said it's a cross between Matrix (what movie isn't anymore) and the Bad News Bears.

A few bombs I've seen and liked are:
Waterworld
The Postman
Three Fugitives (I'm not sure if this bombed)
Catch Me If You Can
House 2
Guilty As Sin
Lake Placid

KRW

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Flinx - 01-16-2005

Kenji Wrote:I loved The Last Starfighter. Also loved music. But....how did they change final scene? It's a long time since I saw it last time.
At the cinema I remember the movie showing the Starfighter hiding on the asteroid until the fleet of enemy fighters passed by. Then it started attacking the enemy fighters until its systems start to overheat. It swings around a moon to ease its systems and when it returns it gets surrounded by the remaining enemy fighters. The Starfighter then uses its weapon of last resort, Death Blossom, to destroy the fighters then goes onto attack the command ship.
On video, the Starfighter attacks the enemy fighters, then uses Death Blossom to destroy the fighters, goes around the moon & then goes onto attack the command ship.
So the scenes were out of order from what I remember seeing at the cinema.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Maggers - 01-16-2005

Keith the Elder Wrote:..... RW flick although I still fantasize about saving her from the antibodies in Fantastic Voyage

Have you seen the GE commercial where a surgeon fanatasizes about "Fantastic Voyage" while he's in the OR looking at a brain scan? It's hysterical,and uses footage from FV.

Fabulous!