RepairmanJack.com Forums
anyone hear any similarity to this? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: anyone hear any similarity to this? (/thread-3105.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

anyone hear any similarity to this? - Sigokat - 10-27-2008

bones weep tedium Wrote:Which other thread has been closed? :confused:

I don't think that this thread should be closed --- it's funny. :p

Another one started by a newbie that got his feelings hurt when we tried (well at least some of us tried) to help him out.

Anyways, this thread should be closed because it is more worthless and pointless then the other thread and if the mods are allowed to pick and choose what is acceptable topics for discussions then I nominate this thread.

In fact I'm going to PM the mods about it right now.

anyone hear any similarity to this? - Legion - 10-27-2008

sigokat Wrote:Another one started by a newbie that got his feelings hurt when we tried (well at least some of us tried) to help him out.

Anyways, this thread should be closed because it is more worthless and pointless then the other thread and if the mods are allowed to pick and choose what is acceptable topics for discussions then I nominate this thread.

But wait! Shouldn't we see if this thread is described in the Compendium of Srem that her BF "The Real Jack" has? You know the one she sorta saw in a dream...

I say close it. Seal it and burn this thread to the ground. Then salt the earth where it stood.

anyone hear any similarity to this? - KRW - 10-27-2008

sigokat Wrote:Another one started by a newbie that got his feelings hurt when we tried (well at least some of us tried) to help him out.

Which thread was this? :confused:

sigokat Wrote:Anyways, this thread should be closed because it is more worthless and pointless then the other thread and if the mods are allowed to pick and choose what is acceptable topics for discussions then I nominate this thread.

If you don't like this thread, don't read it. If it has no worth to you, why take the time of day to reply to it? As it's been stated time and again, anything goes except for ad hominem attacks. This site has more freedom of speech than any other site I've been on ( I haven't been on many) And I hope it stays that way. As far as this thread goes, I find it entertaining.

anyone hear any similarity to this? - Sigokat - 10-28-2008

KRW Wrote:Which thread was this? :confused:

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9398

An easy way to find closed thread on your own (not just you KRW, but to others that asked which one as well) all you have to do is look to the left of the thread title and if there is a lock next to it, then it is closed.

Quote:If you don't like this thread, don't read it. If it has no worth to you, why take the time of day to reply to it? As it's been stated time and again, anything goes except for ad hominem attacks. This site has more freedom of speech than any other site I've been on ( I haven't been on many) And I hope it stays that way. As far as this thread goes, I find it entertaining.

That's not the point I was trying to make. And isn't the whole "if you don't like it, don't read it" argument a little old and stale? So fuck anyone else's opinion?

And ad hominem attacks happen all the time on this forum and we all know it. Once again the mods pick and choose which rules to enforce and who to enforce them upon.

Honestly, its not that I don't like this thread. It is stupid and pointless, but the point I was trying to make was that the other thread shouldn't have been closed at all and if that one was closed then why not this one? Or any other thread where some n00b had his/her feelings hurt or ad hominem attacks were taking place?

All I'm trying to say is that closing threads is WRONG!!!!

anyone hear any similarity to this? - Aprilis - 10-29-2008

If there wasnt conflict on this board none of these threads would be entertaining and there wouldnt be any point to come here.

anyone hear any similarity to this? - jack2021 - 10-29-2008

Seems to me that some one has a problem with n00bs. I think you shouldn't be mad at someone for asking a question and mocking them if there new. She simply asked if any one heard about someone doing something similar to what her ex did or knew of someone. God I think only yuppies call people coming to the board and talking n00bs, no wonder you talk online a lot. I've never heard of anyone doing this, so I guess I went off topic on this post a bit sorry.

anyone hear any similarity to this? - cobalt - 10-29-2008

Aprilis Wrote:If there wasnt conflict on this board none of these threads would be entertaining and there wouldnt be any point to come here.

Exactly. We voice our opinions. I for one don't really care if someone doesn't like my opinion...it's mine...not a mandate.

anyone hear any similarity to this? - Sigokat - 10-29-2008

jack2021 Wrote:Seems to me that some one has a problem with n00bs. I think you shouldn't be mad at someone for asking a question and mocking them if there new. She simply asked if any one heard about someone doing something similar to what her ex did or knew of someone. God I think only yuppies call people coming to the board and talking n00bs, no wonder you talk online a lot. I've never heard of anyone doing this, so I guess I went off topic on this post a bit sorry.

Are you talking to me?

Because believe it or not I was trying to help you and if you look at my last post here you can see that I disagreed with your thread being closed (not to mention I actually answered your questions your in thread)

anyone hear any similarity to this? - Fenian1916 - 10-29-2008

Got a problem?
Odds Against You?
Call The Equalizer
212-555-4200

anyone hear any similarity to this? - beowulf - 10-29-2008

jacksgia Wrote:Don't think I'm nuts but its true

I am quite certain that no one here THINKS you are nuts.