RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Wire - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Wire (/thread-2947.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The Wire - GeraldRice - 02-23-2010

colburn0004 Wrote:How is the second season going? I started watching the first season again myself and it is very interesting seeing it again for the second time and knowing all the characters off the bat, interesting to see how much has changed over the seasons.

I just got through the 4th episode Thursday or Friday. I got the next 3 discs from the library yesterday (I had to wait because someone else had 3 & 4) and I haven't been able to crack one open yet. I can tell you, though: I want to crack open Ziggy's skull.

The Wire - Scott Miller - 02-23-2010

GeraldRice Wrote:I just got through the 4th episode Thursday or Friday. I got the next 3 discs from the library yesterday (I had to wait because someone else had 3 & 4) and I haven't been able to crack one open yet. I can tell you, though: I want to crack open Ziggy's skull.

You wouldn't believe how different Ziggy, James Ransome, is in Simon and Burn's Generation Kill. Hard to believe it was the same actor.

The Wire - GeraldRice - 02-23-2010

Scott Miller Wrote:You wouldn't believe how different Ziggy, James Ransome, is in Simon and Burn's Generation Kill. Hard to believe it was the same actor.

I knew that kid was familiar. I only got thru the first few episodes of GK because HBO OnDemand pulled it but that face was extremely familiar. After I finish The Wire I might get GK. Or Deadwood. Or Rome. I'm not sure yet.

The Wire - colburn0004 - 02-24-2010

GeraldRice Wrote:I can tell you, though: I want to crack open Ziggy's skull.

I completely agree. He was so easy to hate.

The Wire - GeraldRice - 02-24-2010

colburn0004 Wrote:I completely agree. He was so easy to hate.

If he dies I get the feeling his cousin will play an integral role in that. You can just tell the only reason he puts up with Ziggy is because he's family.

GeraldRice Wrote:If he dies I get the feeling his cousin will play an integral role in that. You can just tell the only reason he puts up with Ziggy is because he's family.

It's hard to give anything without spoilers, but the character while very hateable ends up having a very pivitol and good character arc.

The Wire - GeraldRice - 02-24-2010

colburn0004 Wrote:It's hard to give anything without spoilers, but the character while very hateable ends up having a very pivitol and good character arc that involves him getting choked to death.

Ahhh. Wink

geraldrice Wrote:ahhh. Wink

:d

The Wire - GeraldRice - 03-01-2010

Just finished season 2. That was unexpected with Ziggy. I liked it a lot, but not as much as the first season. I'm looking forward to season 3. I'm going to request it from the library tonight. I've all but forgotten about the final disc for the 2nd season of Carnivale.

The Wire - colburn0004 - 03-01-2010

GeraldRice Wrote:Just finished season 2. That was unexpected with Ziggy. I liked it a lot, but not as much as the first season. I'm looking forward to season 3. I'm going to request it from the library tonight. I've all but forgotten about the final disc for the 2nd season of Carnivale.

The third season really is the show kicking in and starting to get great. The first two seasons are great, but I look at seasons 3-5 as just one long season and it really is amazing tv. Big Grin