RepairmanJack.com Forums
Favorite Christmas Movies - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Favorite Christmas Movies (/thread-1358.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Favorite Christmas Movies - Keith the Elder - 12-14-2005

Glim Glim - Not really a movie though

Favorite Christmas Movies - saynomore - 12-14-2005

Mick C. Wrote:An SCTV Christmas - The 2 SCTV Xmas specials, this just came out on DVD and I bought it yesterday, can't wait to see it. Include's Johnny LaRue's famous crane shot.

The Johnny LaRue crane shot has been a running gag in my family since we first saw it on TV. Much of the idioms we use is either from SCTV ("Dialing for Dollar$") or from Monty Python ("Right, right").

Although Monty Python is at the top of my list, SCTV rates a close second. Third would have to be Kids in the Hall, followed by Fridays, Mad TV, and last but not least, Saturday Night Live (loved the 80's version with Eddie Murphy--"Hot Tub"--, Joe Piscapo--"I'm from New Jersey, you from New Jersey?" and Tony Rosado--from SCTV, of course, et al).

AC

P.S. Michael Richards from Seinfield came from the troupe, Fridays. One of the characters he played on the show was similar to Cosmo Kramer--it was this lounge lizard type of guy who served mixed drinks from cans to his dates, believing that that was super cool.

Favorite Christmas Movies - jacobm - 12-15-2005

My wife and I let my son watch Rudolph for the first time last week, we had not seen it in years. Funny how you look at things different now. To be honest, Santa comes across as a mean old bigot and the other reindeer are really @$$holes. No wonder the "bumble" was always in a bad mood...

Favorite Christmas Movies - dkline - 12-17-2005

My favorite Christmas movie is The Long Kiss Goodnight with Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson. It's also a good action flick. I hope I see it on one of the movie channels during the holiday season - I know seeing this movie would brighten my spirits.

Favorite Christmas Movies - Kenji - 12-17-2005

"Nightmare before Christmas". Last week I saw it in my friend's home, and it came up to my mind now. I loved it!

Oh, man! I have regret now. I missed Corpse Bride. Sad

Favorite Christmas Movies - t4terrific - 12-17-2005

Kenji Wrote:"Nightmare before Christmas". Last week I saw it in my friend's home, and it came up to my mind now. I loved it!

Oh, man! I have regret now. I missed Corpse Bride. Sad

I loved Nightmare too. The songs were so good! The Corpse Bride was good too, but it wasn't all that similar to The Corpse Bride (nor as good).

Favorite Christmas Movies - RichE - 12-21-2005

Jason Robbards and Eva-Marie Saint stat in this great tv film set on a farm during the Depression. My Dad and I always made the term "Stump-Juice" part of our discussion.

Favorite Christmas Movies - Maggers - 12-21-2005

I got myself a DVD copy of "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" and played it last night. Fabulous!

For those of you who remember this wonderful old chestnut... With razzleberry dressing .... *sigh* Now I am content. Smile

Favorite Christmas Movies - Mike - 12-23-2005

I know this doesn't count as a movie, but has anyone seen South Park's Christmas Critters? That was darkly hilarious!