RepairmanJack.com Forums
Films you can't bear - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Films you can't bear (/thread-984.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Films you can't bear - Dave - 05-31-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:Pokemon movies are like Trix cereal. Silly Rabbit, they are for kids. All sugar and no substance. I've seen parts of all the Pokemon movies and they are not great, but expectations should never be high for a cartoon like that.

Sounds like a Star Wars Prequel...

Dave

Films you can't bear - Dave - 05-31-2005

AsMoral Wrote:She had a love scene with Billy Bob for Christ's sake. I felt I deserved an award for just watching it.

Now that was what ROTFL was invented for. Very funny.

Dave

Films you can't bear - Jay #1 - 05-31-2005

Be Cool- On that day, and that day only, it appealed to me. But I will never see it again.

Othello (1995)- I anticapated that it would have a lot of angst and drama. The premise was good, the choice of actors and lines was good..... but from around 30 minutes into it on up, I was praying to myself that something "happy" would occur somewhere in there. If you want a movie to depress you, watch it.

Films you can't bear - Jay #1 - 05-31-2005

I can only say this... after watching the first one, I went to sleep and dreamed I was shooting my way out of hell with a pair of 357 Magnums

Blake Wrote:Thought of another one:

THE MUMMY RETURNS. I can't begin to describe the loathing I felt for this film. I thought the first one was mildly entertaining, but certainly not great. It was a diversion. The sequel, though, had me so bored that I kept checking my watch as I was waiting for the awful thing to finally... be... over. Ugh. Awful, awful film.

Blake

Films you can't bear - Maggers - 05-31-2005

Kenji Wrote:But I think The Farm was not bad,IMHO.

Kenji, did you mean "The Firm?"

AsMoral Wrote:She had a love scene with Billy Bob for Christ's sake. I felt I deserved an award for just watching it.

I felt I needed a shower after watching it. Yeewww...cooties!

Keith the Elder Wrote:Highlander II
Highlander III

Hey, Keith, movies on this list are supposed to be critically acclaimed movies that you couldn't bear.

I don't think anyone could bear these two.

Films you can't bear - CANADIANRJFAN - 05-31-2005

Biggles Wrote:Seriously? You too? But then why should that time be any different? Big Grin

LOL ! LOL !

Films you can't bear - Flinx - 05-31-2005

Maggers Wrote:I don’t care for weddings; I do like funerals.
Sam Wrote:There's a difference?? Big Grin
One less drunk. Big Grin

Films you can't bear - Biggles - 06-01-2005

Lisa Wrote:Maggers mentioned this on another thread and I thought it was worth pursuing. In her words:

Here's my list:

1. THE MATRIX. That's right, I said THE MATRIX. A movie that managed to be boring, confusing, pretentious, corny, embarrassing, and highly fucking unlikely--all at the same time.

2. THE ENGLISH PATIENT. I was actually angry that I sat through the whole thing. Dull and duller.

3. AFFLICTION. Nothing "wrong" with this one. Acting, writing, directing are all excellent. But it is deliberate, disturbing, and harrowlingly realistic. So much so that it ceases to be entertainment and becomes difficult or impossible to watch more than once.

4. TITANIC. "Rose!" "Jack!" "Rose!" "Jack!" Rolleyes

5. MOULIN ROUGE. This film gave me motion sickness. I'm not kidding.

6. MEET JOE BLACK. I almost killed myself after I watched this, just so I wouldn't have to "meet Joe Black" before I die. Most boring romance EVER.

7. FALLEN. Way overrated. All the plot elements were done before and better. And the ending is dumb.

8. DANGEROUS LIAISONS. I just can't get into John Malkovich and Glenn Close as desirable lovers. Sorry.

9. STEPMOM. Why does anyone like this movie? I don't understaaaaaaaaaand. (That was in my best "stepwhine" voice.)

10. THE PILLOW BOOK. Huh? Wha?? Ummmm. Peter Greenaway is a weirdo.

Lisa

Terms of Endearment. I saw it at the theater and before it was over I just kept saying "please just hurry up and die" to the Debra Winger character. Considering that Jeff Daniels and Jack Nicholson were both in it, I should have liked it, but Shirley McClain and Debra Winger just ruined it.