RepairmanJack.com Forums
*61 - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: *61 (/thread-857.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

*61 - Scott Miller - 04-13-2005

Kenji Wrote:My favorite baseball movies...

1, Field of Dreams
2, Natural
3, Bull Durham
4, Major League
5, For Love of the Game

I've never seen *61 yet. I like Billy Crystal's movies. So if I have an opportunity, I wish I can see it. Smile

I would add
Eight Men Out and Bang the Drum Slowly to your excellent list.

*61 - Maggers - 04-13-2005

Scott Miller Wrote:I'm glad to see that I'm not the only Costner fan out there. I won't defend all of his choices, The Bodyguard and The Postman were particularly bad, but he has more hits than misses. Thirteen Days, Tin Cup, The War, JFK, No Way Out, Silverado, and American Flyers are all movies I thought were better than average. And he is getting excellent reviews in The Upside of Anger playing an ex-major leaguer of all things.

I'll subject myself to all slings and arrows by saying that I actually enjoyed Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, bad accent and all.

"A Perfect World," starring Costner and directed by Clint Eastwood, is on my top 20 list of favs.

Costner's gotten a bum rap. I have to say that I enjoyed "Robin Hood," also. Not the greatest, but enjoyable.

*61 - The Mad American - 04-13-2005

Maggers Wrote:"A Perfect World," starring Costner and directed by Clint Eastwood, is on my top 20 list of favs.

Costner's gotten a bum rap. I have to say that I enjoyed "Robin Hood," also. Not the greatest, but enjoyable.

I didn't mean to imply I didn't like Costner. In fact I enjoy most stuff he is in, it just seemed like he went through a period where he did a lot of long drawn out, get to the point already movies. I.E. Waterworld, The Postman, Wyatt Earp (or whatever the version of that story he did was called).

The Mad American Wrote:I didn't mean to imply I didn't like Costner. In fact I enjoy most stuff he is in, it just seemed like he went through a period where he did a lot of long drawn out, get to the point already movies. I.E. Waterworld, The Postman, Wyatt Earp (or whatever the version of that story he did was called).

I agree. Costner can be good and he can make poor choices. He has appeared in some of the dullest "action" films on record.

I'll stick my neck out here and say that I wasn't wild about "Dances With Wolves." I enjoyed it when I saw it in the theater long ago (except I didn't care for the beginning), but I've never been able to sit through it since.

But when Costner is good, he's generally very good.

*61 - jimbow8 - 04-13-2005

Maggers Wrote:I agree. Costner can be good and he can make poor choices. He has appeared in some of the dullest "action" films on record.

I'll stick my neck out here and say that I wasn't wild about "Dances With Wolves." I enjoyed it when I saw it in the theater long ago (except I didn't care for the beginning), but I've never been able to sit through it since.

But when Costner is good, he's generally very good.
Ditto.......

*61 - Kenji - 04-13-2005

My favorite Costner's movies. Smile

1, Field of Dreams
2, The Untouchables...(Sean Connely was great!)
3, No way out...(Nobody can guess this ending!)
4, Dacnes with wolves
5, Perfect World
6, Bull Durham
7, Open Range(AKA; Wild Range)
8, Wyatt Earp
9, Fandango
10, Scorpion

*61 - Baelzar - 04-13-2005

I kinda like Costner in his "bad boy" roles. He's good at it.

Open Range
A Perfect World and
Revenge

BTW, Waterworld and The Postman were easily his worst (and a lot of other people's worst).

Baelzar Wrote:I kinda like Costner in his "bad boy" roles. He's good at it.

Open Range
A Perfect World and
Revenge

BTW, Waterworld and The Postman were easily his worst (and a lot of other people's worst).

I agree with you 100%.

*61 - Sam - 04-13-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:My favorite baseball movie is The Sandlot: It brings back the joy of playing baseball as a kid with friends, not the corrupt big business that is the Major Leagues.

"You play ball like a GIRL!!!" Great movie. Squints' close-up smile at the pool scene was hilarious. Big Grin It brought back LOTS of memories.

*61 - Sam - 04-13-2005

Surprised nobody has mentioned Mr. Baseball with Tom Selleck. I think Kenji would get a kick out of that one. It was more about Selleck's character than baseball itself but still a baseball movie.