RepairmanJack.com Forums
What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What so-called "Bombs" did you like? (/thread-624.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Scott Hajek - 01-14-2005

All Thumbs Wrote:How about "Buckaroo Banzai" and "Big Trouble in Little China"? These 2 rate pretty high on the old cheese-o-meter but I try not to miss 'em if they come on TV.

Total classics! Big Trouble has some great lines. Too bad sequels were never made for both of these films. Though, there was talk of making Buckaroo Banzai a TV series. Still in limbo, I believe.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - the Oracle - 01-14-2005

Scott Hajek Wrote:Total classics! Big Trouble has some great lines. Too bad sequels were never made for both of these films. Though, there was talk of making Buckaroo Banzai a TV series. Still in limbo, I believe.
I love BTILC. My favorite part is in the beginning when Jack is driving in the dark with pouring rain. He is wearing super-dark sunglasses and talking to himself on the CB.

That movie is neat!

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Maggers - 01-14-2005

Keith the Elder Wrote:... It's my favorite RW flick although I still fantasize about saving her from the antibodies in Fantastic Voyage...

LMAO!!!

Man, I LOVE LOVE LOVE "Fantastic Voyage!" I saw it at a drive-in movie, I was 14, and I thought it was incredible. Loved the special effects which now look as hokey as the day is long, but I still LOVE it.

jimbow8 Wrote:I like Waterworld.

Scott Hajek Wrote:I'm truly sorry to hear that.

LMAO! Scott...too too funny!

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - KRW - 01-14-2005

the Oracle Wrote:I love BTILC. My favorite part is in the beginning when Jack is driving in the dark with pouring rain. He is wearing super-dark sunglasses and talking to himself on the CB.

That movie is neat!

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

KRW- I love that movie!

Dave Wrote:Your Burbs comment reminded me of My Blue Heaven. When I worked in a video shop you could only put on PGs, so the list was limited, but this one went on more than most.

"You shouldn't be in the freezer section."
"Why not?"
"You're melting all the stuff!"

The last great Steve Martin film, IMO.

Dave

Several Steve Martin movies are among my favs of all time:
All of Me
The Man With Two Brains
Parenthood

But, sadly, you're right, Dave. He hasn't been hysterically funny in a long, long time.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Scott Hajek - 01-14-2005

the Oracle Wrote:I love BTILC. My favorite part is in the beginning when Jack is driving in the dark with pouring rain. He is wearing super-dark sunglasses and talking to himself on the CB.

That movie is neat!

"If we're not back in 24 hours, call the president."

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Kenji - 01-14-2005

Dave Wrote:Your Burbs comment reminded me of My Blue Heaven. When I worked in a video shop you could only put on PGs, so the list was limited, but this one went on more than most.

"You shouldn't be in the freezer section."
"Why not?"
"You're melting all the stuff!"

The last great Steve Martin film, IMO.

Dave

Oh, do you like My Blue Heaven? Me too. But this is not his last great movie. Have you ever seen "The Out-of Towners"? That was pretty funny.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Kenji - 01-14-2005

All Thumbs Wrote:I saw that when I was about 11 years old. Absolutely dreadful!

How about "Buckaroo Banzai" and "Big Trouble in Little China"? These 2 rate pretty high on the old cheese-o-meter but I try not to miss 'em if they come on TV.

Big Trouble in Little China! I remember that movie, yeah I liked it. Japanese title was "Ghost Hunters"......What the hell?

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - KRW - 01-14-2005

Maggers Wrote:Several Steve Martin movies are among my favs of all time:
All of Me
The Man With Two Brains
Parenthood

But, sadly, you're right, Dave. He hasn't been hysterically funny in a long, long time.

What about The Jerk?

KRW