RepairmanJack.com Forums
Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? (/thread-3249.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Jamo - 02-23-2009

In my opinion the Dark knight is a great movie. I really liked it and I watched it for 3 times right now, two times in the english original.
Just because the film wasn't nominated for more oscars it is a bad movie. Sure, everyone has his own opinion!
But, I am not alone with my opinion, so, the movie can't be that bad: Look here, IMDB ratings and #6 isn't that bad I guess
And there are some more categories the movie was nominated: click here

Before I watched the movie I thought same like you: Heath is dead so, I am going to be very strict with his performance.
My result still is that he is really good in what he did in the movie. The craziness of the Joker is definately well played, I enjoyed it.

I didn't watch any of the other movies whose actors were nominated so I don't have a comparison but without this comparison I would say: Why not?

So, thats my opinion, everyone has it's own otherwise it would be kinda boring here Smile

greetings
Jamo

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - mad4tunes - 02-23-2009

Well, ANYBODY who puts on a cape and tights to go out and battle villainy (or become a villain) is touched in the head.

That being said, I thought Heath Ledger was an excellent Joker.

Was he the Best Supporting Actor? Yes. Who else could have played the Joker to carry the movie? Ledger carried the film, just as much as Jack Nicholson did as the Joker in the original Batman movie.

I'm more upset about Sean Penn winning the Best Actor award over Mickey Rourke and Brad Pitt. Don't get me wrong, "Milk" is a good movie...but Pitt and Rourke turned in the performances of their lives. I don't think either of them will EVER AGAIN do as good a job as they did in their respective films.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Alvin Fox - 02-23-2009

mad4tunes Wrote:I'm more upset about Sean Penn winning the Best Actor award over Mickey Rourke and Brad Pitt. Don't get me wrong, "Milk" is a good movie...but Pitt and Rourke turned in the performances of their lives. I don't think either of them will EVER AGAIN do as good a job as they did in their respective films.

I saw this on Cracked.com last night-
gladstone Wrote:Wow, Mickey Rourke lost. Didn’t see that one coming. But then again. If he had won, the world would have been deprived of Sean Penn’s “commie, homo-loving sons of guns” joke. And it would have been a HUGE loss, because he told it twice.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Pacal - 02-24-2009

Sorry, there are so many of your quotes that I'll miss with this. Yes, Dark Knight was too frenetic, Ledger carried the film, he's the best Joker and Nolan should get some credit for that too!.
There are a lot of insider politics to the nominations and who knows if he would have been nominated if he didn't die. Either way, kudos to the academy for recognizing a performance in an action/adventure movie!
I wish he had lived on and am anxious to see his role in the Terry Gilliam movie, The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.
So I guess my vote is yes, compared to the others.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Alvin Fox - 02-25-2009

This is from College Humor's Honest Movie Titles: Oscar Edition.

Does Heath Ledger deserve the Oscar? - Kenji - 02-25-2009

Whatever you say, whatever you think, Heath Ledger WON the Oscar.

I say congratulation to him from bottom of my heart.