RepairmanJack.com Forums
How does Jack not have a Social Security # - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: How does Jack not have a Social Security # (/thread-1732.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - saynomore - 07-01-2006

Susan Wrote:I knew your family was Irish, but I had no idea you were born in Ireland. Or can you still get dual citizenship to another country if one or both of your parents were born there?

Susan

Dual citizenship is recognized by many countries. Only the USA recognizes its own citizenship. Many Mexicans who have become naturalized in the U.S. vote both in the U.S. and Mexico, although the U.S. does frown on this. When you become naturalized in the U.S., you do take an oath to renounce all other citizenships.

AC

P.S. And for those of you who have been putting off becoming a U.S. citizen, may I recommend you do so soon. The USCIS is thinking about raising the naturalization fee from $390 to $3200. No, you're not seeing double--those are two zeroes behind the $32. What a coincidence that a fee increase is considered right after those immigration protests. Hmmmmm.

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - Biggles - 07-01-2006

saynomore Wrote:Dual citizenship is recognized by many countries. Only the USA recognizes its own citizenship. Many Mexicans who have become naturalized in the U.S. vote both in the U.S. and Mexico, although the U.S. does frown on this. When you become naturalized in the U.S., you do take an oath to renounce all other citizenships.

AC

P.S. And for those of you who have been putting off becoming a U.S. citizen, may I recommend you do so soon. The USCIS is thinking about raising the naturalization fee from $390 to $3200. No, you're not seeing double--those are two zeroes behind the $32. What a coincidence that a fee increase is considered right after those immigration protests. Hmmmmm.

For no particular reason, I'm reminded of what Rick (Humphrey Bogart) told Major Strosser (Conrad Veidt) in "Casablanca": "I'm a drunkard, a citizen of the world". Big Grin

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - Ken Valentine - 07-02-2006

Biggles Wrote:For no particular reason, I'm reminded of what Rick (Humphrey Bogart) told Major Strosser (Conrad Veidt) in "Casablanca": "I'm a drunkard, a citizen of the world". Big Grin

Not exactly . . . When asked his nationality, Rick simply stated, "I'm a drunkard." It was Renault who said, "That makes him a citizen or the world."

Ken V.

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - tooleman - 07-04-2006

Vargas Wrote:How is this possible? He went to college for a few years? How does he not have a SS #?

Just wondering.

Anyone?

Howdy Vargas;

Back in the day you only had to have SS # if you were going to work for a company that withheld tax and contributed to your benefits. I didn’t get mine till I was 17, after I got my drivers license. It was easy for Jack to bypass it then, his landscaping business and repair jobs were off the books, here’s a web-site on the history SS from it’s inception till now.

http://www.ssa.gov/history/

JO

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - Biggles - 07-04-2006

Ken Valentine Wrote:Not exactly . . . When asked his nationality, Rick simply stated, "I'm a drunkard." It was Renault who said, "That makes him a citizen or the world."

Ken V.

Dammit Ken! You're right! :mad: You and my wife, always right. Smile

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - Ken Valentine - 07-05-2006

Biggles Wrote:Dammit Ken! You're right! :mad: You and my wife, always right. Smile

As many times as I've watched that movie . . . Big Grin

(I'm sure that's one movie no one will ever re-make.)

Ken V.

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - jimbow8 - 07-05-2006

Ken Valentine Wrote:As many times as I've watched that movie . . . Big Grin

Ken V.
Knock on wood!

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - Ken Valentine - 07-05-2006

jimbow8 Wrote:Knock on wood!

I think it's pretty universally recognized that Casablanca is one movie that cannot be "improved."

Ken V.

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - saynomore - 07-05-2006

Ken Valentine Wrote:As many times as I've watched that movie . . . Big Grin

Ken V.

Then, by the heavens above, don't watch "Barb-Wire" starring Pamela Anderson.

AC

P.S. Unless you like busty topless girls on a swing being hosed down in slow-motion.

How does Jack not have a Social Security # - cobalt - 07-05-2006

saynomore Wrote:Then, by the heavens above, don't watch "Barb-Wire" starring Pamela Anderson.

AC

P.S. Unless you like busty topless girls on a swing being hosed down in slow-motion.
I think...........I maybe...............ill....................:eek: