RepairmanJack.com Forums
New Television - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: New Television (/thread-1209.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New Television - EGWilliams - 10-14-2005

neotank Wrote:I hate to be negative on message boards... But I have to I figured a show called invasion would be about alien invasion. A lot of action, Sci Fi, fast paced... But I have a feeling this will be a show where you don't know what's what... is it aliens? Is it the government? Is it Blah blah blah.

Screw it I'll watch V

It's a small town version of "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". That subtle sense of creepiness appeals to me. I have only watched the first episode (I'm so backlogged on everything I tape), but I like the characters and enjoy the conspiracy vibe.

My favorite new shows are "Supernatural" and "My Name is Earl". I alternate back and forth between taping one while watching the other. I also now have to tape the "World Poker Tour" on the late night rerun. "Supernatural" also repeats on Sundays at 9:00p EST on the WB.

Was really underwhelmed by the first episode of "Threshold" so those episodes are lower down the priority catch up list but still being taped.

My 11 year old daughter likes "Surface" so we watch it togther. Similar to Neotank's critique of "Invasion", "Surface" is moving a little too slow for my tastes yet still intrigues me (even if there are plot holes everywhere you step).

Wednesday and Thursday are my TV days this season. Wednesdays: "Lost", "Invasion", and "Veronica Mars" are all waiting for me on tape.
Thursdays: "Smallville", "Alias", "Night Stalker" ar e waiting as well.

Of course, I'm still catching up on last season's episodes for a lot of those returning shows mentioned above due to an Xbox Live addiction that I'm trying to curtail now. Main priority is catching up on "Lost", "Smallville" and the new "Battlestar Galactica".

I honestly think I can give up going to the movies and wait for the DVD now that there are so many genre shows on stations other than Sci-Fi.

New Television - Kenji - 09-03-2006

I think everybody already saw them, but here in Japan, they are New Television. And at last I can watch them!

Invasion: I've been waiting for this!

Stargate;Atlantis: I'm "Stargate:SG-1" fan, and now this....I can't miss it!

Huff: Hank Azaria as Dr.Huff. He is psychiatrist. He fell into middle aged crisis by trifles. I don't know about what is the trifles yet. But as I saw trailer, it looked pretty fun. I'm looking forward to watching it.

Currently, I'm watching them on TV.

HOUSE M.D.

Alias/season3: This is a exciting show, but I prefer season 2.

Bones/season1: So far, this is pretty good show. But their inquiry object is bones only. Someday I think it'll lose originality.

New Television - Lisa - 09-03-2006

I think you'll enjoy Bones, Kenji. It's actually pretty good.

Unfortunately, Invasion was canceled. Sad

Lisa

New Television - Marc - 09-03-2006

Lisa Wrote:I think you'll enjoy Bones, Kenji. It's actually pretty good.

Unfortunately, Invasion was canceled. Sad

As was Threshold.

New Television - cobalt - 09-03-2006

I like both Bones and Supernatural. I haven't watched Reunion or Threshold yet. Didn't I read somewhere that Invasion was cancelled? Nothing like leaving us hanging.
Shows I can't wait for: Lost, Grey's Anatomy, ER, CSI to name a few.

New Television - Kenji - 10-19-2006

Today I bought "Supernatural" DVD. Just now I watched two episodes, "Pilot" and "Wendigo", and I liked them! What a brothers!

And....

Now, every Monday I'm watching "Pepper Dennis". Pepper Dennis is an ambitious reporter with her sights set on anchoring Chicago's top-rated evening news broadcast. Complicating her daily life is the fact that her spoiled, needy and recently separated sister Kathy, has moved in with her. Worst of all, the hot guy Pepper woke up with one morning, Charlie Babcock, just showed up in the newsroom, grabbed her dream job and is now practically her boss. She's trying to despise him, but Charlie is smart, handsome, funny, available and interested. She gets much needed support from her close friends, the TV station's makeup artist Kimmy, and cameraman Chick, who has a secret crush on Pepper.

Rebecca Romijn as Pepper, she's unbelievably funny! As far as I saw "X-Men" and "Femme Fatale", she's not looked like comedienne actress.

New Television - Marc - 10-19-2006

Kenji Wrote:Bones/season1: So far, this is pretty good show. But their inquiry object is bones only. Someday I think it'll lose originality.

It hasn't yet. But, as of January, Fox is moving Bones to Friday night so my guess is Bones will be cancelled before it sees a season 3. Thanks a lot Fox.

New Television - Marc - 10-19-2006

cobalt79 Wrote:I like both Bones and Supernatural.

I stopped watching Supernatural last year as it became tiresome for me. It was the same thing happening every week, very boring. But Aphew told me to give season 2 a try because it was better. I trust him, so I watched the first three episodes. Supernatural is really good this season so far. Hopefully they can continue keeping it interesting.

Marc B. Wrote:It hasn't yet. But, as of January, Fox is moving Bones to Friday night so my guess is Bones will be cancelled before it sees a season 3. Thanks a lot Fox.

Oh, really? I'm watching Bones on Friday night. Still, here we are watching season 1.

Season 3? I have no idea! Rolleyes

Marc B. Wrote:I stopped watching Supernatural last year as it became tiresome for me. It was the same thing happening every week, very boring. But Aphew told me to give season 2 a try because it was better. I trust him, so I watched the first three episodes. Supernatural is really good this season so far. Hopefully they can continue keeping it interesting.

Mostly, in any of shows, season 1 is boring. Even "Star Trek Next Generation". But even if it's boring, I don't stop watching any shows. Because season 2 and 3 are truly better than season 1. So....I'll keep watching "Supernatural". Wink