RepairmanJack.com Forums
Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? (/thread-633.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? - matthewsmommy - 01-16-2005

ccosborne3 Wrote:Nah, scratch that.

We own the Colts.
So you do, sir, so you do.
I'm really a college ball girl. SEC for me. I only watch pro during the playoffs and the big game, but I do have a thing for Peyton Manning. And his brother's not bad!

Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? - ccosborne3 - 01-16-2005

matthewsmommy Wrote:I do have a thing for Peyton Manning. And his brother's not bad!

Eli? I always figured him as goofy looking.

Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? - matthewsmommy - 01-16-2005

ccosborne3 Wrote:Eli? I always figured him as goofy looking.
He's a super model next to Casey Clausen, but, I can see where you'd get that impression. Peyton did get the majority of the looks, but I think Eli's rather presentable.

Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 01-17-2005

fpw Wrote:I was so bummed yesterday. What an emotional rollercoaster. The Jets won on the field but lost on the scoreboard.

Never you fear, Paul. The Jets gave the 15-1 Steelers everything they could handle. Wait 'til next year! (Ah, but ain't we bin sayin' dis since Broadway Joe's day?)

Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? - Richard Kendrick - 01-17-2005

fpw Wrote:I was so bummed yesterday. What an emotional rollercoaster. The Jets won on the field but lost on the scoreboard.

Serves them right... If they had not given up at the end of the last game of the regular season my Saints would have been in the playoffs. Wink Ironic that all those kicks were missed by our old kicker.

RIK

Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? - Annice Burdeos - 01-18-2005

maxplay Wrote:This game reminds me so much of the Chiefs/Colts playoff game when Len Elliot missed 2 field goals that would have won it for the Chiefs. I can't describe how much he is still despised in the Kansas/Missouri area!

As a UCLA Bruin football fan, I know firsthand why the Jets choked- its former USC coach Paul Hackett and his stumbling/bumbling playcalling

The Jets still can't manage the play clock and they blamed Testaverde for their previous ineptness

As a Bills fans, nothing can compare to Norwood's miss but life has a way
of making things better (at least I hope so)

I think Pittsburgh's Ben should make it to the Super Bowl -better overall team than the Pats but Brady seems to own the refs. I don't undertand all the pub this guy gets.. if it weren't for Bledsoe's injury and the tuck rule being invoked, would Brady be where he is today.

Can't stand the Iggles but I like to see Freddie Mitchell get to the Super bowl
I'll take anyone but those Pats and Falcons

Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? - Lisa - 01-19-2005

Annice Burdeos Wrote:I think Pittsburgh's Ben should make it to the Super Bowl -better overall team than the Pats but Brady seems to own the refs. I don't undertand all the pub this guy gets.. if it weren't for Bledsoe's injury and the tuck rule being invoked, would Brady be where he is today.

The tuck rule was being invoked all year... just not in nationally televised playoff games where everyone could pick apart the play. And what does Bledsoe's injury have to do with how well Brady plays? By that logic no one should be allowed to "be where they are today." Bottom line: when Brady started playing, the Pats started winning.

As for publicity, hello, have you been around for the last two Pats-Colts playoff games? Peyton Manning ring a bell? At least any hype Brady gets (which IMO is far less than many other NFL QBs who haven't won any Super Bowls lately) is deserved.

Call me when Bledsoe starts tearing up the field over there in Buffalo, mmmkay? Big Grin

Lisa

Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? - ccosborne3 - 01-19-2005

Annice Burdeos Wrote:As a Bills fans, nothing can compare to Norwood's miss but life has a way
of making things better (at least I hope so)

I think Pittsburgh's Ben should make it to the Super Bowl -better overall team than the Pats but Brady seems to own the refs. I don't undertand all the pub this guy gets.. if it weren't for Bledsoe's injury and the tuck rule being invoked, would Brady be where he is today.

After Bledsoe was injured Brady made the most of the opportunity. The tuck rule was ruled correctley by the officials. The Raiders quit after that play allowing the Pats (led by Brady) to tie the game in the final minutes of the fourth quarter and then win it in OT. After that Brady led the Pats to a huge upset win against heavily favored Pittsburgh then did it again against the supposedly unstoppable and unbeatable Rams and was named Superbowl MVP.

Oh yeah, then he led the Pats to another Superbowl win with another MVP performance last year.

Looks like he has a damned good shot at doing it this year too. What more does the guy have to do to prove himself?

I'll take a winner like Brady or Rothlessburgah over a stat quarterback like Peyton Manning any time.

Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? - ccosborne3 - 01-19-2005

Whoops, looks like Lisa beat me to defending OUR BOY!

Must learn to type faster!

Jets/Steelers. . . Is my TV broken? - Lisa - 01-19-2005

ccosborne3 Wrote:Whoops, looks like Lisa beat me to defending OUR BOY!

It's nice to have company! Big Grin

Lisa