RepairmanJack.com Forums
What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: What so-called "Bombs" did you like? (/thread-624.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Kenji - 01-14-2005

Susan Wrote:I love The Fifth Element! I see it any time it's on.

Here are some other guilty pleasures of mine:

1. The Quick and The Dead. I love movies that show women kicking butt, can you tell? Hehehe. This movie stars Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman and was directed by Sam Raimi. What could be better? It had several unknown actors in it like Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe.
  2. Fright Night A teenager moves next door to a vampire and enlists a tv vampire hunter (Roddy McDowall) to help him out.
  3. Red Dawn "Wolverines!"

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I could think of for now.

Susan

Ohhh! Friiiiiight Niiiiight! I love that movie! Big Grin I love that theme song by J Giles Band. The big mouth vampire, that was creepy but funny!

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Lisa - 01-14-2005

In addition to many of those already listed, I like Not Another Teen Movie (VERY funny!), Deep Rising (a great horror-comedy), John Carpenter's Vampires, Dangerous Beauty, and Lake Placid. I also love the movie of Stargate, but I don't think that was a box office bomb, just a critical one.

Lisa

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - jimbow8 - 01-14-2005

1. The Quick and The Dead. I love movies that show women kicking butt, can you tell? Hehehe. This movie stars Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman and was directed by Sam Raimi. What could be better? It had several unknown actors in it like Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe.
  2. Fright Night A teenager moves next door to a vampire and enlists a tv vampire hunter (Roddy McDowall) to help him out.
  3. Red Dawn "Wolverines!"

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I could think of for now.

Susan
I like the Quick and the Dead EXCEPT for the very ending, where one bullet passes right through him leaving a see-through hole (and he doesn't budge) and then the next bullet flips him through the air. A bit too over the top. Fix that and it is really good movie.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - the Oracle - 01-14-2005

Medusa Wrote:My husband and I tended to like some of the so-called bombs! One of our favorites was The Fifth Element. Critics said it was Bruce Willis' worst movie. We loved it! Another favorite that the critics hated was Battlefield Earth. We even like some of those cheesy movies that they play over and over on the movie channels when they have nothing else to play: Krull, Clash of the Titans, Sword and the Sorceror. . . Or am I just showing my age. hee hee
The 5th Element was considered a bomb?? I loved that movie!

How about:
Commando
Water World (just kidding, I hated that one)
Tango and Cash
the Punisher (the original)
the Transporter
Bubba Ho-Tep

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - jimbow8 - 01-14-2005

the Oracle Wrote:The 5th Element was considered a bomb?? I loved that movie!

How about:
Commando
Water World (just kidding, I hated that one)
Tango and Cash
the Punisher (the original)
the Transporter
Bubba Ho-Tep
I like Waterworld.
Also Tango and Cash ("I've got good news and bad new: The bad news is we're almost out of gas. The good news is we're almost out of gas." - LOVE IT!)
Bubba Ho-Tep wasn't really a bomb. No one would distribute this movie. It had a VERY limited release. BTW, I love this movie too.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Keith the Elder - 01-14-2005

1. The Quick and The Dead. I love movies that show women kicking butt, can you tell? Hehehe. This movie stars Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman and was directed by Sam Raimi. What could be better?
    Susan

Hannie Caulder with Raquel Welch and Robert Culp. It's my favorite RW flick although I still fantasize about saving her from the antibodies in Fantastic Voyage

Loved
Battlefield Earth
Buckaroo Banzai (Still waiting for that promised BB and The World Crime Syndicate)
Zardoz

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - All Thumbs - 01-14-2005

I saw that when I was about 11 years old. Absolutely dreadful!

How about "Buckaroo Banzai" and "Big Trouble in Little China"? These 2 rate pretty high on the old cheese-o-meter but I try not to miss 'em if they come on TV.

Just for fun let me throw in "The Boogens", a horror flick from the early 80's about man-eating turtles. I don't know which was worse, the movie itself or that fact that I paid to see it!

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Scott Hajek - 01-14-2005

jimbow8 Wrote:I like Waterworld.

I'm truly sorry to hear that.

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - Medusa - 01-14-2005

Lisa Wrote:In addition to many of those already listed, I like Not Another Teen Movie (VERY funny!), Deep Rising (a great horror-comedy), John Carpenter's Vampires, Dangerous Beauty, and Lake Placid. I also love the movie of Stargate, but I don't think that was a box office bomb, just a critical one.

Lisa
Lake Placid! Now that one was great! Was that not a total shock to hear those words coming out of the mouth of Betty White? The Golden Girl! Wow, that made the whole movie! That and Oliver Platt's attitude!

What so-called "Bombs" did you like? - the Oracle - 01-14-2005

All Thumbs Wrote:(snip)
How about "Buckaroo Banzai" and "Big Trouble in Little China"? These 2 rate pretty high on the old cheese-o-meter but I try not to miss 'em if they come on TV.
(snip)
Those are two of my alltime favorites!!!

(: