RepairmanJack.com Forums
What is your fav RJ book?? - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: What is your fav RJ book?? (/thread-604.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

What is your fav RJ book?? - Auskar - 10-08-2007

What's the one that starts with the subway gunfight?

What is your fav RJ book?? - Kenji - 10-08-2007

Auskar Wrote:What's the one that starts with the subway gunfight?

Hosts

What is your fav RJ book?? - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 10-08-2007

RichE Wrote:Hey Mike! Tell me how to step into the future-I have stocks to worry about!

It's like riding a bike, Rich. Or swimming, maybe. Once you can do it, you wonder how you ever could not have. Until then, it looks mysterious and dangerous. I'm wondering how much I can say here... 'Cause it =can= be dangerous, and I don't want anybody to get hurt. That's not the point at all.

What is your fav RJ book?? - BK Akitas - 10-08-2007

All The Rage.

That's the book where I truly 'connected' with Jack. I hate to say it, but I've reached points where someone I loved was hurting and all I could think about was taking the oxygen waster who did it out- permanently. Really understanding how dark you can be (on a number of levels)- and still protect the ones you love even from yourself ..yeah, we had a moment. I ain't saying nuthin' else- you guys probably wouldn't believe sweet little me capable of any of that...

What is your fav RJ book?? - Scott Miller - 10-08-2007

I'd have to go with The Tomb, with Conspiracies a real close second. I choose The Tomb because it was my introduction to the most kick ass character ever created and the scene when he does in his Mother's killer is priceless.

BK Akitas Wrote:All The Rage.

That's the book where I truly 'connected' with Jack. I hate to say it, but I've reached points where someone I loved was hurting and all I could think about was taking the oxygen waster who did it out- permanently. Really understanding how dark you can be (on a number of levels)- and still protect the ones you love even from yourself ..yeah, we had a moment. I ain't saying nuthin' else- you guys probably wouldn't believe sweet little me capable of any of that...

Any man who underestimates a woman's capacity for violence is a fool...possibly a dead fool. Let's see...well, look at GONE WITH THE WIND, written by a Southern lady. Been a few decades since I've read it, so I'll paraphrase. Remember the Yankee bummer? "Well, well, little lady...all alone, are you?" Scarlett drew her dead husband's pistol from behind her dress and shot him in the face. And heard a thump...thump...thump on the stairs. A sword hitting the stairs... Melanie, still weak from childbirth, with her dead father's sword, ready to protect Scarlett or die trying...

"A woman's strength can be boundless."--Stilgar the Fremen

What is your fav RJ book?? - webby - 10-08-2007

Conspiracies. The blend of horror and humor is perfection.

What is your fav RJ book?? - BK Akitas - 10-08-2007

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Any man who underestimates a woman's capacity for violence is a fool...possibly a dead fool.
"A woman's strength can be boundless."--Stilgar the Fremen

HHmmm, wonder if maybe Gia is headed for a 'moment'......she's taking things almost a little too well. its when we get quiet you know you're in trouble.

BK Akitas Wrote:HHmmm, wonder if maybe Gia is headed for a 'moment'......she's taking things almost a little too well. its when we get quiet you know you're in trouble.

Jack was down.
"Ain't dis nice, Mr. Jack? Ever hear of payback, Mr. Fucking Jack? Oh, I like this, Mr. Jack!"
Had to get up...Gia...where was his gun...
"And ain't you got a pretty little bitch, Mr. Jack? Gonna do you a favor. Gonna let you watch."
The Semmerling...but that was gone too... Had to =get up...=
A boot slammed into his face again.
Had to GET UP...
Five shots...
"Jack...it's Gia... Here's your gun. One's still moving. Oh, God, I =hate= guns!"

What is your fav RJ book?? - Annice Burdeos - 10-09-2007

its THE TOMB without question

(as it orginally came to be)