RepairmanJack.com Forums
Remake this movie - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Remake this movie (/thread-4314.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Remake this movie - rjack_fan - 07-27-2011

While not technically a movie, I wish someone would either redo or turn into a movie the miniseries Harper's Island. It was a good murder mystery/horror story that ran one spring on one of the networks. Well, good until the last episode.

Remake this movie - Tony H - 07-27-2011

rjack_fan Wrote:While not technically a movie, I wish someone would either redo or turn into a movie the miniseries Harper's Island. It was a good murder mystery/horror story that ran one spring on one of the networks. Well, good until the last episode.

I was a fan of Harper's Island. The downfall to the show was that instead of 13 episodes, it should have been 6. Too long of a season muddied the waters and when they reveal who the killer is one episode before the finale the final episode was destined to fall apart.

I can't wait to see what The River is like this fall. It's produced by Spielberg and Oren Peli who made "Paranormal Activity".

Remake this movie - PicardRex - 07-27-2011

I agree with the Wizard of Oz, did anyone see Tin Man, it was a made for sci-fi thing and it was actually quite good, if it had a bigger budget, I think it could be pretty badass. I'd also like to see it take a darker direction, those books, while note really dark aren't really light either. Something in the vein of Return to Oz would be cool.

For the Godzilla guys, I'm sure you knew this, but the Japanese call our remake GINO, which is Godzilla In Name Only. Also, in Godzilla: Final Wars the fight between Godzilla and GINO lasts 13 seconds, which is the shortest fight ever. Also, the chapter title on the dvd is called like Pretender to the Throne or something, its kinda funny how dismissive they are about it, can't say I blame them.

I know this might sound like blasphemy, the original is great, but The Dirty Dozen could be a cool remake, it would all depend on the cast, but I think you could do it.

Remake this movie - Tony H - 07-27-2011

I saw Tin Man and was impressed. It of course suffered from budget restraints and to be honest, it was way too long to the point it was boring at many parts, but the concept was great. Re-imagining Oz as a sci-fi story was pretty clever.

Remake this movie - Lisa - 07-28-2011

I must be the only SF fan who didn't like Tin Man. I could only get through about half an hour of it before I wanted to punch Zooey Deschanel in the face. She completely ruined it for me.

Remake this movie - Tony H - 07-28-2011

Lisa Wrote:I must be the only SF fan who didn't like Tin Man. I could only get through about half an hour of it before I wanted to punch Zooey Deschanel in the face. She completely ruined it for me.

I wanted to punch her too, it wasn't just you. But I watch a lot of BAD movies and this didn't seem too horrible compared to Uwe Bolle films or Ulli Lommell.

Remake this movie - Lisa - 07-28-2011

I watch bad movies too. Just something about her is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

"You're out of your tiny miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinds."

Remake this movie - Maggers - 07-29-2011

PicardRex Wrote:I know this might sound like blasphemy, the original is great, but The Dirty Dozen could be a cool remake, it would all depend on the cast, but I think you could do it.

There's something about seeing fantastic movies when you're young and impressionable. They have an impact that can never be duplicated, and they linger so lovingly in the mind. I feel that way about The Dirty Dozen and The Great Escape and Gone With the Wind, which I loved as book and movie. I saw The Dirty Dozen in 1967 at a drive in theater. Wow! I was 15 and those guys had it all for me, plus I loved WWII movies. The Great Escape was 4 years earlier and had an even greater impact. Lots of hunky guys and no sex, a great story, and WWII, all rolled into one - an 11 year old's fantasy.

Remake this movie - mad4tunes - 08-01-2011

Tony H Wrote:I saw Tin Man and was impressed. It of course suffered from budget restraints and to be honest, it was way too long to the point it was boring at many parts, but the concept was great. Re-imagining Oz as a sci-fi story was pretty clever.

I've been tempted, but I'd rather snort Drano through a straw than watch SyFy (or whatever the hell they're calling nowadays) any more. They've managed to ruin every show they've put on the air.

That said, my sister raved about "Tin Man"...enough so that I may have to check it out.

Also, the Tin Man IS a science fiction character. Am I the only person on the board who has read enough of the Oz books to see this? Jack Chopper is one heck of a character.

Remake this movie - Tony H - 08-01-2011

mad4tunes Wrote:I've been tempted, but I'd rather snort Drano through a straw than watch SyFy (or whatever the hell they're calling nowadays) any more. They've managed to ruin every show they've put on the air.

That said, my sister raved about "Tin Man"...enough so that I may have to check it out.

Also, the Tin Man IS a science fiction character. Am I the only person on the board who has read enough of the Oz books to see this? Jack Chopper is one heck of a character.

I never read the books. The movie never impressed me enough to want to know more about Oz.