RepairmanJack.com Forums
Tying up the series... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Tying up the series... (/thread-3720.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Tying up the series... - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 02-08-2010

fpw Wrote:Between Nightworld and The Dark at the End (working title for RJ #15) I'm looking to tie up as much as possible. Here's the place to make suggestions. Maybe I've forgotten something and you can jog my memory.

Paul, part 3--may I suggest SECRET DESTINIES?

fpw Wrote:Between Nightworld and The Dark at the End (working title for RJ #15) I'm looking to tie up as much as possible. Here's the place to make suggestions. Maybe I've forgotten something and you can jog my memory.

Paul, part 3 of JACK--may I suggest SECRET DESTINIES?

Tying up the series... - t4terrific - 02-08-2010

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Paul, part 3 of JACK--may I suggest SECRET DESTINIES?

I believe it's already been titled, "Secret Vengeance".

t4terrific Wrote:I believe it's already been titled, "Secret Vengeance".

Well, that kinda sucks, doesn't it?Idea

Tying up the series... - Libby - 02-08-2010

fpw Wrote:Tough ones, Libby. Some you'll have to answer yourself.

Thanks. I can't wait to find out which ones you answer...Big Grin

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, that kinda sucks, doesn't it?Idea

I like Secret Destinies, but I haven't read the book. It may not be as applicable.

t4terrific Wrote:I like Secret Destinies, but I haven't read the book. It may not be as applicable.

Well, t4, we gotta figure the target audience too, right? And for the JACK books, it's guys maybe 12-17. While SECRET DESTINIES would complete a cycle, in a way, it's not a good =commercial= title. SECRET BLOWJOBS would have =every= guy in the target audience at least picking up the book to look for the good parts, but maybe Paul's publisher would object. (And I don't know why. It's been shown 10% of the customers who pick up a book buy it.)

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Well, t4, we gotta figure the target audience too, right? And for the JACK books, it's guys maybe 12-17. While SECRET DESTINIES would complete a cycle, in a way, it's not a good =commercial= title. SECRET BLOWJOBS would have =every= guy in the target audience at least picking up the book to look for the good parts, but maybe Paul's publisher would object. (And I don't know why. It's been shown 10% of the customers who pick up a book buy it.)

I believe that title WOULD sell books! There better be something, in the book, to support it though.

t4terrific Wrote:I believe that title WOULD sell books! There better be something, in the book, to support it though.

Well, sure. A discount ticket to Madame Lola's Place right here on 74th and 2nd. Nice joint, I'm told. My pal Jackson is a bouncer there.

Tying up the series... - KRW - 02-08-2010

Libby Wrote:Thanks. I can't wait to find out which ones you answer...Big Grin
To partially answer one of your questions..FPW has used three infernals in his books already.

1. The Lillitounge in "Infernal".
2. The Cleaner in "Ground Zero". (I suspect this was the device in "The Cleaning Machine", but I'm not sure)
3. They built one in "Freak Show" (not sure of it's name)

I also suspect the Tesla machine in Conspiracies" was also an infernal, but that's just a guess.