RepairmanJack.com Forums
Help Me Get Paranormal Activity - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Help Me Get Paranormal Activity (/thread-3563.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Help Me Get Paranormal Activity - Tony H - 10-12-2009

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Be careful, Tony! The more you ponder "paranormal activity" (even watching a movie), the more whatever energies power it, will make you a focus of their interest.

I have see this. It ain't wise to mess.

Well, I am a part of a ghost hunting group here in Little Rock, we investigate all around the state and I have yet to see anything that can't be explained.

The idea of ghosts existing intrigues me, but I don't buy into messing around in the realm of parapsychology as an invite.

We are having a Paranormal Fair here in Little Rock on Saturday the 17th with vendors, investigators, authors, psychics/mediums. I can't help but think of SESOUP. LOL

Help Me Get Paranormal Activity - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 10-12-2009

AsMoral Wrote:Well, I am a part of a ghost hunting group here in Little Rock, we investigate all around the state and I have yet to see anything that can't be explained.

The idea of ghosts existing intrigues me, but I don't buy into messing around in the realm of parapsychology as an invite.

We are having a Paranormal Fair here in Little Rock on Saturday the 17th with vendors, investigators, authors, psychics/mediums. I can't help but think of SESOUP. LOL

Ah, SESOUP! Not a serious crew. Certainly, the paranormal attracts more than its share of crackpots and flakes. But there is a residue of phenomena, Tony, that intrigue.

For example: at FortFest some years ago, we had breakfast after a night of partying and watching spooky movies. And sitting next to meself was Phyllis, the president of INFO. While we were waiting for our bacon and eggs, she asked me if I wuz a spoonbender. I said, not me. She took a spoon from her setting, not a set-up, got a faraway look, stroked it and...it bent! Actually, twisted. I took an identical spoon from my setting. Using some strength, I bent it, but couldn't =twist= the strong metal like Phyllis did. John Keel was sitting across from us. And he moaned, "Christ, Phyllis, that's =another= one we'll have to pay for... I know! We'll say Lindner did it!"

But here's me question: if you can bend a spoon, can you bend 2? Can you bend =3= together? Can you bend, say, a crowbar? If a little woman like Phyllis did that (and she certainly bent the spoon), even CSICOP would have to say, "Well, fuck me!"

To my knowledge, that =obvious= experiment has never been tried.

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Ah, SESOUP! Not a serious crew. Certainly, the paranormal attracts more than its share of crackpots and flakes. But there is a residue of phenomena, Tony, that intrigue.

For example: at FortFest some years ago, we had breakfast after a night of partying and watching spooky movies. And sitting next to meself was Phyllis, the president of INFO. While we were waiting for our bacon and eggs, she asked me if I wuz a spoonbender. I said, not me. She took a spoon from her setting, not a set-up, got a faraway look, stroked it and...it bent! Actually, twisted. I took an identical spoon from my setting. Using some strength, I bent it, but couldn't =twist= the strong metal like Phyllis did. John Keel was sitting across from us. And he moaned, "Christ, Phyllis, that's =another= one we'll have to pay for... I know! We'll say Lindner did it!"

But here's me question: if you can bend a spoon, can you bend 2? Can you bend =3= together? Can you bend, say, a crowbar? If a little woman like Phyllis did that (and she certainly bent the spoon), even CSICOP would have to say, "Well, fuck me!"

To my knowledge, that =obvious= experiment has never been tried.

There is a good reason they can't bend more than one, or a crowbar. It can't be done. It is magic tricks plain and simple. Trick being the optimal word.

You want to believe that such phenomenon exists and therefore when it is presented to you it is believable.

there are many ways to bend a spoon, but never has it been done with the mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoon_bending

Here is an article about spoon-bending, and yes it is a wiki, but it provides links and stories outlining this so-called psychic ability. It is not paranormal nor is it psychic. It is simply parlor tricks.

AsMoral Wrote:There is a good reason they can't bend more than one, or a crowbar. It can't be done. It is magic tricks plain and simple. Trick being the optimal word.

You want to believe that such phenomenon exists and therefore when it is presented to you it is believable.

there are many ways to bend a spoon, but never has it been done with the mind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoon_bending

Here is an article about spoon-bending, and yes it is a wiki, but it provides links and stories outlining this so-called psychic ability. It is not paranormal nor is it psychic. It is simply parlor tricks.

Tony, I watched every second. And yes, I know about "parlor tricks." Phyllis took an identical spoon as I had at my setting, and warped it. I still have it. It wasn't a Bright's metal prop. I asked Keel about it later. "Was that 'magic', John?" (Keel was a magician who created illusions still admired, and used on the stage.) "No, Lindner. Explain that, and I'll help you write your Nobel Prize speech."

Mike:

there has never been a proven case of telekenesis or psychokenesis being real. The bottom line is F=MA (Force equals Mass X acceleration) Sir Issac newtons second law of physics.

We can also use Occam's Razor, where two pieces of conflicting evidence present themselves the simplest answer is still correct. In this case, manipulation of events to give you the preception of supernatural phenomenon.

1) The woman in question is able to generate a mass of wavelengths to create enough force to move the cellular structure of a metal object to bend it on a whim. An occurrence which can not be recreated in other objects save for keys and forks.

or

2) It is slight of hand as evidenced in the articals prensent on the internet and books and other publications debunking this ability.

I vote for 2.

Of course, not having been there I can't say with 100 percent certainty. But I can say that there has NEVER been scientific proof that this is possible. Prestigious universities have closed down decades long studies of psychic phenomenon because they have NEVER been able to prove its existence.

Spoon benders seem only able to bend spoons, keys and forks. I am sure they will have an answer as to why it is only the objects they can manipulate.

I guess I am not impressed by these things because of the many existing alternate explanations that make much more sense than believeing in the fantastic possibility of a proven fake ability.

AsMoral Wrote:Mike:

there has never been a proven case of telekenesis or psychokenesis being real. The bottom line is F=MA (Force equals Mass X acceleration) Sir Issac newtons second law of physics.

We can also use Occam's Razor, where two pieces of conflicting evidence present themselves the simplest answer is still correct. In this case, manipulation of events to give you the preception of supernatural phenomenon.

1) The woman in question is able to generate a mass of wavelengths to create enough force to move the cellular structure of a metal object to bend it on a whim. An occurrence which can not be recreated in other objects save for keys and forks.

or

2) It is slight of hand as evidenced in the articals prensent on the internet and books and other publications debunking this ability.

I vote for 2.

Of course, not having been there I can't say with 100 percent certainty. But I can say that there has NEVER been scientific proof that this is possible. Prestigious universities have closed down decades long studies of psychic phenomenon because they have NEVER been able to prove its existence.

Spoon benders seem only able to bend spoons, keys and forks. I am sure they will have an answer as to why it is only the objects they can manipulate.

I guess I am not impressed by these things because of the many existing alternate explanations that make much more sense than believeing in the fantastic possibility of a proven fake ability.

Tony, my brother, I have the spoon. I'll gladly send it to you for your inspection. Again, I, with all strength (and I'm a pretty big guy), could =not= twist the spoon's handle around. I =saw= the little woman Phyllis do this. And she is not a joker or prankster of any sort.

PM me you mailing address, I'll send you the spoon. Check it out.

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Tony, my brother, I have the spoon. I'll gladly send it to you for your inspection. Again, I, with all strength (and I'm a pretty big guy), could =not= twist the spoon's handle around. I =saw= the little woman Phyllis do this. And she is not a joker or prankster of any sort.

PM me you mailing address, I'll send you the spoon. Check it out.

No need. Its not that I don't believe the spoon is twisted, I am saying the means by which it twisted are suspect in my book.

AsMoral Wrote:No need. Its not that I don't believe the spoon is twisted, I am saying the means by which it twisted are suspect in my book.

Say, Tony, you ain't a CSICOPer, are you?

Help Me Get Paranormal Activity - Alvin Fox - 10-13-2009

Tony, the site said to check back at 5pm (pst) on the 13th for the nationwide listings opening the 16th. So don't give up and torrent yet.

Help Me Get Paranormal Activity - Tony H - 10-13-2009

I saw that after I posted, Alvin! I am still holding out hope.