RepairmanJack.com Forums
BY THE SWORD covers - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: BY THE SWORD covers (/thread-2968.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

BY THE SWORD covers - webby - 07-27-2008

Silverfish Wrote:But what is with Jack? He's either got his tuque rolled up or something protruding from his head.
Stephanie

Big Grin It does look like a rolled up tuque on his head. I bet that's exactly what it is.

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Heard from the publisher: They're going with #2.[/SIZE]

:thumbsup:

BY THE SWORD covers - Ken Valentine - 07-27-2008

webby Wrote:Big Grin It does look like a rolled up tuque on his head. I bet that's exactly what it is.
Kind of looks like a Watch Cap to me. Either way. . . .

Ken V.

BY THE SWORD covers - Legion - 07-27-2008

Ken Valentine Wrote:Kind of looks like a Watch Cap to me. Either way. . . .

Ken V.

Either way I am not diggin the new Jack pic. The head thing makes him look shorter, too.

And What WAS in that briefcase??

BY THE SWORD covers - Automatic Jack - 07-28-2008

Right now the only time I remember Jack carrying a briefcase is the part in Legacies where he has to dress up in a suit to sneak into the building. I think a briefcase was part of the disguise. I don't have a copy in front of me right now so I have no idea, nor can I recall any other appearances of the elusive briefcase.

"Briefcase" is starting to not look like a word anymore.

BY THE SWORD covers - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 07-28-2008

fpw Wrote:[SIZE="3"]It was discovered that the sword on the original cover image was not a katana, so two new covers have been designed. Any preferences?[/SIZE]

Let's crackle the racket. A samurai warrior in full armor, holding his sword. Reflected in the sword...Jack.

BY THE SWORD covers - Legion - 07-28-2008

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Let's crackle the racket. A samurai warrior in full armor, holding his sword. Reflected in the sword...Jack.

Better yet, put jacks silohette (sp?) standing behind the samurai.Big Grin

Legion Wrote:Better yet, put jacks silohette (sp?) standing behind the samurai.Big Grin

That would be fine too, Legion. Hey! Johnny! Get dis guy a lager!

BY THE SWORD covers - Legion - 07-28-2008

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:That would be fine too, Legion. Hey! Johnny! Get dis guy a lager!

OH, and call me Steve. Goes for all of you. And dammit, now I want a beer. But I just checked the fridge right before reading this and I am fresh out. Damn damn damn.

Legion Wrote:OH, and call me Steve. Goes for all of you. And dammit, now I want a beer. But I just checked the fridge right before reading this and I am fresh out. Damn damn damn.

Steve...you're out of lager? Not a case stashed in case they stop making it? Mercy! Last time I heard that, I was on the Nora Roberts board by mistake.:nono:

BY THE SWORD covers - Ken Valentine - 07-28-2008

Legion Wrote:Either way I am not diggin the new Jack pic. The head thing makes him look shorter, too.
Both silhouettes are shown as looking up from from the ground, so to speak.

Quote:And What WAS in that briefcase??
The original Jack silhouette looked to me as though he was wearing an overcoat, and had a suit case in his left hand.

Ken V.