RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Flights of the Phoenixes - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: The Flights of the Phoenixes (/thread-921.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

The Flights of the Phoenixes - Peter - 05-28-2005

Sorry Ken, just a tickle in my throat there (cough) I meant to say 54 years old. There, Ive said it. And its true, I looked it up. But just how did it happen? I mean how? I'm sure I only turned round for a minute at 18 and here I am.....

Mind you, I like the idea of dog years. I look at the lives my dogs lead and think, I could do that. (Some of the sniffing can be a bit gross but, ah, the sleeping!)

The Flights of the Phoenixes - jimbow8 - 05-28-2005

Peter Wrote:Sorry Ken, just a tickle in my throat there (cough) I meant to say 54 years old. There, Ive said it. And its true, I looked it up. But just how did it happen? I mean how? I'm sure I only turned round for a minute at 18 and here I am.....

Mind you, I like the idea of dog years. I look at the lives my dogs lead and think, I could do that. (Some of the sniffing can be a bit gross but, ah, the sleeping!)
Just remember that getting old is better than the alternative.

The Flights of the Phoenixes - CANADIANRJFAN - 05-28-2005

My apologies - I see how it works now.

The Flights of the Phoenixes - Maggers - 05-28-2005

CANADIANRJFAN Wrote:My apologies - I see how it works now.

No problemo. I think we've all done that at least once, and then we get the picture. Smile

The Flights of the Phoenixes - KRW - 05-28-2005

Maggers Wrote:Aaarrgghh....Rats, now I know the ending. I haven't seen this film yet, and it's coming from netflix. If you can post a spoiler alert, it's very helpful for those of us who haven't seen the movie or read the book yet.

Wasn't that scene in the origanal?

KRW

The Flights of the Phoenixes - Ken Valentine - 05-29-2005

Peter Wrote:Sorry Ken, just a tickle in my throat there (cough) I meant to say 54 years old. There, Ive said it. And its true, I looked it up. But just how did it happen? I mean how? I'm sure I only turned round for a minute at 18 and here I am.....

A light strike on the keyboard? I thought it was deliberate. Four years old struck me as being pretty funny, so I responded with my own joke.

Ken V.

P.S. How long are donkeys years?

The Flights of the Phoenixes - Peter - 05-29-2005

OK I'll fall for it. How long are Donkeys years?

The Flights of the Phoenixes - Ken Valentine - 05-29-2005

Peter Wrote:OK I'll fall for it. How long are Donkeys years?

The origin seems to be British . . . I thought you might know.

Ken V.

The Flights of the Phoenixes - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 05-29-2005

I must confess I'm baffled by the current spate of Hollywood remakes. Is Tinsletown utterly void of new ideas these days? Any big-time producers out there, here's an =original= idea. The time is August, 1945. The ENOLA GAY circles Hiroshima. The atomic weapon is dropped. A mechanical fault!--it doesn't explode! Imperial Japanese scientists figure out right-quick what is it, and how to put it in working order. The hook: Imperial Japan is on the ropes, but now posseses an atomic weapon... How would the US deal with the situation? Well, get it back, or destroy it, with a suicide team. Either that, or... STARRING (write your own names in here) (I can see Ed Norton and Bruce Willis, for a start.) :eek:

The Flights of the Phoenixes - Peter - 05-30-2005

Ah, I took it to be another joke. I was thinking something along the lines of "half as long as their heads2" No, in UK it just means a long time. ie I had my first kiss/beer/speeding fine or whatever donkeys years ago. Ho Hum.

Also the bit with the (cough) was meant to be a joke. Imagine I was speaking. OK, I'll get my coat.......