RepairmanJack.com Forums
*61 - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: *61 (/thread-857.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

*61 - The Mad American - 04-08-2005

Ken Valentine Wrote:What film is that?

Ken V.

"*61" is the name of the film. Very good movie even if you don't like baseball I would think.

*61 - remylass - 04-11-2005

Ken Valentine Wrote:What film is that?

Ken V.

Sorry. I was still talking about *61. Great flick.

*61 - Ken Valentine - 04-11-2005

remylass Wrote:Sorry. I was still talking about *61. Great flick.

Big Grin Sometimes it takes me a while . . .

So far, the best baseball movie I've seen was Kevin Costner's FOR LOVE OF THE GAME.

I'll keep a look out for "61."

Ken V.

*61 - The Mad American - 04-11-2005

Ken Valentine Wrote:Big Grin Sometimes it takes me a while . . .

So far, the best baseball movie I've seen was Kevin Costner's FOR LOVE OF THE GAME.

Ken V.

Woohoo! Another person who liked "For love of the game" I thought that movie was really good. As a pitcher I thought it captured the thoughts of a pitcher ingame better then anything I have ever seen. Costner can make some pretty darn good movies as long as he isn't the writer or director...

*61 - jimbow8 - 04-11-2005

Ken Valentine Wrote:Big Grin Sometimes it takes me a while . . .

Ken V.
My favorite baseball movie is The Sandlot: It brings back the joy of playing baseball as a kid with friends, not the corrupt big business that is the Major Leagues.

*61 - Ken Valentine - 04-11-2005

The Mad American Wrote:Woohoo! Another person who liked "For love of the game" I thought that movie was really good. As a pitcher I thought it captured the thoughts of a pitcher ingame better then anything I have ever seen.

Really good?!? I thought it was GREAT!

Quote:Costner can make some pretty darn good movies as long as he isn't the writer or director...

Well, he produced and directed Open Range -- my favorite Western -- and did the same with Dances With Wolves.

He also directed The Postman and Waterworld, both of which bombed with the critics, but were commercial successes. They weren't GREAT movies, but for my taste . . . they were decent. That's batting 500 in my book. Big Grin

Ken V.

*61 - Maggers - 04-11-2005

Ken Valentine Wrote:So far, the best baseball movie I've seen was Kevin Costner's FOR LOVE OF THE GAME.

Ken V.

"For Love of the Game" was directed by Sam Raimi, whose work I really like. I'm surprised I missed this. Thanks for the head's up, Ken, I'll check it out.

My favorite baseball movie, without a doubt, is "Field of Dreams," followed by "Bull Durham," both starring Kevin Costner.

There's just something about Kevin Costner swinging a bat or on the mound that makes me very happy. Big Grin

*61 - KRW - 04-12-2005

Maggers Wrote:"For Love of the Game" was directed by Sam Raimi, whose work I really like. I'm surprised I missed this. Thanks for the head's up, Ken, I'll check it out.

My favorite baseball movie, without a doubt, is "Field of Dreams," followed by "Bull Durham," both starring Kevin Costner.

There's just something about Kevin Costner swinging a bat or on the mound that makes me very happy. Big Grin

"The Natural" with Robert Redford, hands down my favorite! Then "For love of the game", and then "61"! "Bull Durham" and Field of Dreams" are great, but can't stand up to the first three. (In my opinion)

KRW

*61 - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 04-12-2005

Ken Valentine Wrote:Really good?!? I thought it was GREAT!

Well, he produced and directed Open Range -- my favorite Western -- and did the same with Dances With Wolves.

He also directed The Postman and Waterworld, both of which bombed with the critics, but were commercial successes. They weren't GREAT movies, but for my taste . . . they were decent. That's batting 500 in my book. Big Grin

Ken V.

Open Range was simply outstanding. As far as baseball flicks go, I'm an old-timer--I'll stick with Pride of the Yankees and The Stratton Story.

*61 - The Mad American - 04-12-2005

Maggers Wrote:"For Love of the Game" was directed by Sam Raimi, whose work I really like. I'm surprised I missed this. Thanks for the head's up, Ken, I'll check it out.

I am a Raimi fan as well. He directed what is probably my favorite all time movie "Army of Darkness"...I know, I know its total cheese but the dialogue in that movie still gets me belly laughing every time I see it and I have seen it a TON of times. Big Grin