RepairmanJack.com Forums
Basic RJ Questions From The New Guy - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Basic RJ Questions From The New Guy (/thread-551.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Basic RJ Questions From The New Guy - Biggles - 12-23-2004

the Oracle Wrote:Is he planning to join the Agency?? With that conglomeration, he is a shoe-in!

I also taught him to shoot a few years back, and he's a natural. I can't see him joining the Agency unless they let him whack people occasionally. It's no fun just reading books like Robert Redford's character "Condor".

Maggers Wrote:ROFL! Biggles, you are incorrigible and it's absolutely delightful.

If I'm incorrigible, it's only because you keep incorriging me.

Basic RJ Questions From The New Guy - Maggers - 12-23-2004

Biggles Wrote:If I'm incorrigible, it's only because you keep incorriging me.

LOL... very punny! Big Grin

Maggers Wrote:LOL... very punny! Big Grin

The words "pun" and "punishment" both derive from the same root ("pu").

Basic RJ Questions From The New Guy - the Oracle - 12-23-2004

Biggles Wrote:I also taught him to shoot a few years back, and he's a natural. I can't see him joining the Agency unless they let him whack people occasionally. It's no fun just reading books like Robert Redford's character "Condor".
If it's action he's after, he should consider changing that Japanese to Farsi, Dari, Tajik, Luri, Bakhtiari, Kumzari, Kurdish, Baluchi, Pushto, Ossete, Caucusus, Yaghnobi, Old Persian, Avestanor, or even Chinese (Mandarin preferred over Cantonese).

Also, don't worry about the weapons training you have done with him. They will help him to forget your ways and teach him the way to handle himself with and without a weapon.

(:

the Oracle Wrote:Also, don't worry about the weapons training you have done with him. They will help him to forget your ways and teach him the way to handle himself with and without a weapon.

I know that Feds train at Quantico, and somewhat differently than other LE types, but I'm sure my tutelage hasn't hurt him any (patting myself on my back here).

Basic RJ Questions From The New Guy - Grimjac100 - 12-24-2004

Heh...gotta chime in here...there is no `way to handle (your)self with or without a weapon'. The manner is, effectively, infinite, limited only by the individual and his or her imagination, determination, and situation. What can be taught in a class will never be reproduced in the real world.

Few things remain constant...sight alignment, sight picture, aim points, weapon safety and cleaning, and willingness to adapt. Everything else is basically just a guideline or best-case scenario.

Two cents from someone without a 4 year degree who thereby couldn't dive into the alphabet soup. Smile