RepairmanJack.com Forums
Some really old shows - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Some really old shows (/thread-3015.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Some really old shows - Sigokat - 08-26-2008

Twilight Zone (originals)
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (the first season was the best. Some of the later shows just go too corny)
Star Trek

And I hate to admit this, but I will...

Gilligan's Island

I friggin love that show for some insane reason. I was actually watching (it was on in the background) it the other night while playing LoTRO. Yes, I own the DVDs, but in my defense my mom bought them for me. Big Grin

Some really old shows - mad4tunes - 08-26-2008

sigokat Wrote:Twilight Zone (originals)
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (the first season was the best. Some of the later shows just go too corny)
Star Trek

And I hate to admit this, but I will...

Gilligan's Island

I friggin love that show for some insane reason. I was actually watching (it was on in the background) it the other night while playing LoTRO. Yes, I own the DVDs, but in my defense my mom bought them for me. Big Grin

Ah, The Man from U.N.C.L.E.!! I get great amusement when I watch NCIS and see Ducky on there. He's gone from being a world class spy to being a forensic pathologist.

How about "I Spy" with Robert Culp and Bill Cosby? Or, god love us all, "Mod Squad" featuring the delectable Peggy Lipton?

Some really old shows - Sigokat - 08-26-2008

Mad,

The sad thing is is that I know what both U.N.C.L.E. and T.H.R.U.S.H. actually stand for!!!

Some really old shows - webby - 08-26-2008

mad4tunes Wrote:... I liked the concept behind "Time Tunnel". The only show I've seen since then had a similar concept I enjoyed was "Quantum Leap".

"Quantum Leap" is one of my all-time favorites. Smile

Some really old shows - Ken Valentine - 08-26-2008

sigokat Wrote:Gilligan's Island

I friggin love that show for some insane reason.
I would imagine that your "insane reason" would be that they were just plain tongue-in-cheek FUN!

Ken V.

Some really old shows - mad4tunes - 08-26-2008

sigokat Wrote:And I hate to admit this, but I will...

Gilligan's Island

So, what's wrong with Gilligan's Island? I enjoyed it a LOT more than I did some of the other comedy that was on at that time...I think I'm the only person my age who was NOT amused by the Beverly Hillbillies.

However, I always preferred drama to comedy, other than variety shows like "Laugh-In", or cartoons.

"Top Cat", "The Jetsons", and the other Hanna-Barbera shows ("Hey, Qweek Draw...how do you work thees camera?")

Come to think of it, my favorite cartoon show was "Rocky & Bullwinkle"...and I laugh at them as much now as I did then...but for different reasons.

Some really old shows - Ken Valentine - 08-26-2008

mad4tunes Wrote:Come to think of it, my favorite cartoon show was "Rocky & Bullwinkle"...and I laugh at them as much now as I did then...but for different reasons.
I laugh at it for the same reasons. I loved the puns and double entendre. The Kirwood Derby . . . Metal Munching Moon Mice . . . Peabody's Improbable History. They still give me a chuckle.

And June Foray has got to be the best voice-over artist who ever lived. Not forgetting Paul Frees.

Ken V.

Some really old shows - KRW - 08-26-2008

sigokat Wrote:And I hate to admit this, but I will...

Gilligan's Island

Just imagine being stuck on a deserted island with Mary Ann and Ginger.
And they keep making those coconut cream pies

YUM!

Some really old shows - Sigokat - 08-27-2008

If I responded honestly about what I would do on a deserted island with Marry Ann and Ginger I would probably be banned from this site. :eek:

I'm a big H-B fan also, with my favorites being of course Top Cat and Jonny Quest.

Some really old shows - Sigokat - 08-27-2008

Ken Valentine Wrote:And June Foray has got to be the best voice-over artist who ever lived. Not forgetting Paul Frees.

Ken V.

What about Don Messick? I considered him to be one of the best as well.