RepairmanJack.com Forums
Bruce Willis: A gun guy - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Bruce Willis: A gun guy (/thread-2846.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Bruce Willis: A gun guy - Scott Miller - 05-06-2008

jimbow8 Wrote:Now I'm going to watch Life of Brian. I'm pretty sure that there are no guns in that movie. Wink

But there are stones and crucifixes and implements of cruelty.

Bruce Willis: A gun guy - Libby - 05-06-2008

Scott Miller Wrote:But there are stones and crucifixes and implements of cruelty.

JEHOVAH!!!!

Bruce Willis: A gun guy - jimbow8 - 05-06-2008

Scott Miller Wrote:But there are stones and crucifixes and implements of cruelty.
And there is a gun .... of sorts - a LASER gun ..... on the spaceship. Totally forgot about that. Big Grin
Libby Wrote:JEHOVAH!!!!
Blasphemy!!

jimbow8 Wrote:And there is a gun .... of sorts - a LASER gun ..... on the spaceship. Totally forgot about that. Big Grin

Blasphemy!!
What, all I said was Jehovah...:p

Bruce Willis: A gun guy - Wapitikev - 05-06-2008

Libby Wrote:Look closely!!Smile

Ok. First, the glass in the door has at least 4 stress-points from which the cracks radiate outward.

While I'm no expert, I have shot more than one or two windshields out of old car-wrecks with a pellet gun and a 22 and seen bullet holes in old farmhouse windows and none that I can remember left multiple stress cracks in the glass like that door had.

It is almost like someone was leaning against the door with their hands and elbows and pushed on the glass in multiple places at once, thereby leaving several "stars" in the glass from which cracks extend outward in all directions but without actually shattering it to the point that it falls out of the frame.

Then, we see Bruce walking away with his right hand in his belt up to the knuckles.

No gun is observable.

So what is Bruce doing with his hand in his belt?

A) he is holding a gun.

or

B) he is holding his hand in his belt because his fingers are cut from the glass (or at least he thinks they are cut).

...if B) then why in his belt?

Answer: He's a ghost...does a ghost bleed...I don't know but if we don't think to ask the question "Why no blood" then we are caught more off-guard by the surprise ending.

So, while we wait for the blue-ray edition to see if the hand in belt is holding something, the question is open to interpretation.

Personally, I don't think it is a gun...but I can't prove it...but neither can it be conclusively proven that it IS a gun, so I stand by my movie-with-no-gun list as it is written.

Maybe someone can find the script on the web and see what it says.

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev Wrote:Ok. First, the glass in the door has at least 4 stress-points from which the cracks radiate outward.

While I'm no expert, I have shot more than one or two windshields out of old car-wrecks with a pellet gun and a 22 and seen bullet holes in old farmhouse windows and none that I can remember left multiple stress cracks in the glass like that door had.

It is almost like someone was leaning against the door with their hands and elbows and pushed on the glass in multiple places at once, thereby leaving several "stars" in the glass from which cracks extend outward in all directions but without actually shattering it to the point that it falls out of the frame.

Then, we see Bruce walking away with his right hand in his belt up to the knuckles.

No gun is observable.

A) he is holding a gun.

or

B) he is holding his hand in his belt because his fingers are cut from the glass (or at least he thinks they are cut).

Answer: He's a ghost...does a ghost bleed...I don't know but if we don't think to ask the question "Why no blood" then we are caught more off-guard by the surprise ending.

So, while we wait for the blue-ray edition to see if the hand in belt is holding something, the question is open to interpretation.

Personally, I don't think it is a gun...but I can't prove it...but neither can it be conclusively proven that it IS a gun, so I stand by my movie-with-no-gun list as it is written.

-Wapitikev

OK, you win.*sigh*Smile

Libby Wrote:OK, you win.*sigh*Smile

Don't worry Libby. You're still out in front in the astute observations game. Just ask FPW. Smile

-Wapitikev

Wapitikev Wrote:Don't worry Libby. You're still out in front in the astute observations game. Just ask FPW. Smile

-Wapitikev

Thanks.Big Grin

Bruce Willis: A gun guy - jimbow8 - 05-06-2008

Wapitikev Wrote:Ok. First, the glass in the door has at least 4 stress-points from which the cracks radiate outward.

No gun is observable.

A) he is holding a gun.

or

-Wapitikev

Agreed. It can't be "proven" but I'd say NO GUN.

and btw, he does have a gun at the "end" of 12 Monkeys.

jimbow8 Wrote:Agreed. It can't be "proven" but I'd say NO GUN.

and btw, he does have a gun at the "end" of 12 Monkeys.

I thought I rememberd something like that!

Thanks.

-Wapitikev